Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 4 Program in the works

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sfilippo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
sfilippo's avatar - skull
Oklahoma
United States
Member #33770
February 24, 2006
3146 Posts
Posted: December 8, 2007, 7:00 am - IP Logged

I've got most of the code written for a Pick 4 program.

It will work almost the same way as the Pick 3 Pirate program using all 10 digits to make the picks.

There are 10,000 possible straights in the Pick 4.

There are 715 possible combos.

210 singles

360 doubles

45 double-doubles

90 triples

10 quads

So far, I've got the program producing 100 single combos and 100 double combos.

I know that's alot of picks to choose from, but in order to get a good hit ratio, it's pretty much a necessity.

If you have a suggestion for the program, feel free to post it here.

Smiley Steve

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
    Tx
    United States
    Member #4570
    May 4, 2004
    5180 Posts
    Posted: December 8, 2007, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Steve

Your info there is right, also there are:

5040 straight singles

4320 straight doubles 

The rest are too few to worry about.

On the pick 3:

HHC = Hot-Hot-Cold = Two positions Hot and one Cold

What about on the pick 4?

Is it:

HHCC

Or

HHHC

If HHCC

Then

HHHHH the first 5 dights make the front pair and the last 5 dights CCCCC make the back pair.

If HHHC

Then the first 5 dights make the first 3 numbers and the last 5 digits make the last number.

---------- 

Or it could be different such as:

The first 7 digits make the first 3 numbers and the last 3 make the last number, or:

The first 7 digits make the front pair and the last 3 dights make the back pair. 

There are other variations besides those. 

Only the Hot-Cold stats of the past draws themselves can tell what might be best and also how many past draws to use.

Oklahoma
      United States
      Member #33770
      February 24, 2006
      3146 Posts
      Posted: December 8, 2007, 8:22 pm - IP Logged

I'll have to try those out. I especially like the 3 of 7 hot and 1 of 3 cold.

The 2 from hot 5 and 2 from cold 5 isn't testing well enough.

Smiley Steve

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
        Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2007, 3:09 am - IP Logged

I'll have to try those out. I especially like the 3 of 7 hot and 1 of 3 cold.

The 2 from hot 5 and 2 from cold 5 isn't testing well enough.

Steve

What about checking the Hot-Cold patterns of the draws themselves?

For this you must pick a given number of past draws and then either using the pick 4 LP Hot-Cold stats of the digits and or a pick 4 Hot-Cold counter for the digits, get the sequence or order of the Hot-Cold numbers (Digits) as you now do with the pick 3 and check the Hot-Cold composition of the nex winning number, that is back-test and see the Hot-Cold makeup of the winning number, this must be done with ranges of past draws, start with some number of pasr draws, such as with 4 past draws and check at least  10 past draws, but 40 best and then do the same using 5 past draws and then with 6 past draws etc, till you find what might work best overall, by hand this is a long process and would take a while.

You could start with 4 past draws or with 10 or whatever you think that might work best.

I don't know of any other way of doing this, unless Ricky or somebody else would automate the testing process with a special program made just to do that.

So it might take a few months to finish the testing if done by hand, What is the big hurry? 

Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #33770
          February 24, 2006
          3146 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:16 am - IP Logged

yes, I don't want to hurry the program. That's for sure.

Smiley Steve

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
            Charlotte NC
            United States
            Member #17406
            June 18, 2005
            4053 Posts
            Posted: December 9, 2007, 8:01 am - IP Logged

Hurray!Thank you Steve.

takeemtothebank

United States
              Member #31636
              February 1, 2006
              256 Posts
              Posted: December 9, 2007, 10:58 am - IP Logged

Thank you.

Oklahoma
                United States
                Member #33770
                February 24, 2006
                3146 Posts
                Posted: December 9, 2007, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

You are both welcome!

Smiley Steve

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49784 Posts
                  Posted: December 9, 2007, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Due to the nature of the game you may have to increase the number of days (15) for the Pick-4 Unlock Code.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Oklahoma
                    United States
                    Member #33770
                    February 24, 2006
                    3146 Posts
                    Posted: December 9, 2007, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Due to the nature of the game you may have to increase the number of days (15) for the Pick-4 Unlock Code.

I have finished the barebones of the program and the Dallas Cowboys won! Yahoo!!

Yes, Raven, the frequency patterns for Pick 4 are so totally wacked that the program let's the user make their own judgment as to which 5 digits are hot and which 5 digits are cold.

There are 20 choices the user can make to generate picks, but I didn't code any personal method or system into this program, except to designate Hot from Cold as is the Pick 3 program.

Whereas the Pick 3 Pirate can ONLY generate 85 unique picks from a possible 220 combinations, Pick 4 Pirate can generate all 715 Pick 4 combinations if the user desired to do that.

The 715 possible picks are divided into 20 unique groups according to all possible Hot/Cold-Singles, Hot/Cold Doubles, Hot/Cold Double-Doubles, Hot/Cold Triples, and Hot/Cold Quads.

In the help file, the user will find listed 6 groups that I have found hit more often than the other 14 groups.

So, this program is more of a deflating tool, which groups and wheels picks according to what the user deems as the Hot and Cold digits.

The next winning draw will ALWAYS be in one of the 20 groups of picks.

It's entirely up to the user to select the best group or groups.

I think it's best I program Pick 4 Pirate this way so as not to limit the user's chances in any way.

Smiley Steve

United States
                      Member #10720
                      January 23, 2005
                      933 Posts
                      Posted: December 9, 2007, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

In this program, I assume "hot" means most frequent in the last n drawings. Would "cold" mean (I assume) least frequent or that it has not appeared in a while? Also can you provide a backtest report, show the hit ratio vs. normal average and if this system would have made consistent profit over several months of use. To make profit usually it would have to overcome the 2 to 1 take out ratio, and on STR 4 payouts, also the tax! It would be a major miracle if anyone myself included ever invents a program that can make profit on STR 4. Also is the Pick 3 version available to download?

Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #33770
                        February 24, 2006
                        3146 Posts
                        Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

In this program, I assume "hot" means most frequent in the last n drawings. Would "cold" mean (I assume) least frequent or that it has not appeared in a while? Also can you provide a backtest report, show the hit ratio vs. normal average and if this system would have made consistent profit over several months of use. To make profit usually it would have to overcome the 2 to 1 take out ratio, and on STR 4 payouts, also the tax! It would be a major miracle if anyone myself included ever invents a program that can make profit on STR 4. Also is the Pick 3 version available to download?

Hi LckyLary,

Hot and Cold means as you stated, yes. It's entirely up to the user to decide what is hot and what is cold.

The Pick 3 and Pick 4 programs only serve as a starting point for a player. The online player could do well with the Pick 3 program with very little filtering outside of what the program generates, but the street player would have to use some filtering method.

The pick 4 program generates far more picks than the pick 3 program, so attempting to profit from it's raw results would be akin to walking on water.

The download link for Pick 3 Pirate is in the Lottery Systems forum

Pick 4 Pirate is now available at that link as well.

Smiley Steve

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                          Member #5344
                          June 30, 2004
                          23641 Posts
                          Posted: December 9, 2007, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

Hi LckyLary,

Hot and Cold means as you stated, yes. It's entirely up to the user to decide what is hot and what is cold.

The Pick 3 and Pick 4 programs only serve as a starting point for a player. The online player could do well with the Pick 3 program with very little filtering outside of what the program generates, but the street player would have to use some filtering method.

The pick 4 program generates far more picks than the pick 3 program, so attempting to profit from it's raw results would be akin to walking on water.

The download link for Pick 3 Pirate is in the Lottery Systems forum

Pick 4 Pirate is now available at that link as well.

Thanks Steve

Did you know using pirate 3.. one can put in last three pick 4 numbers and be provided with future pick 3 hits...  Just a thought... and I have done lots of back testing..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Oklahoma
                            United States
                            Member #33770
                            February 24, 2006
                            3146 Posts
                            Posted: December 9, 2007, 8:12 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Steve

Did you know using pirate 3.. one can put in last three pick 4 numbers and be provided with future pick 3 hits...  Just a thought... and I have done lots of back testing..

No, I didn't, tntea!

That's wild!!!

Smiley Steve