Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1212 Combination

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by four4me.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
dayton12's avatar - nw ffighter1.jpg

United States
Member #56918
December 9, 2007
1 Posts
Posted: December 9, 2007, 2:18 pm - IP Logged

I'm curious to know how everyone feels about the combination 1.2.1.2 (any combination of) if you feel like the state lotteries have programed for this combination not to be draw as it would mean HUGE payouts due to the many people that play the combination.  In the state of Missouri the combination has not been drawn since 2004.  This was of course before they started the electronic draw. 

If you have noticed this trend in any other state please share.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19902 Posts
    Posted: December 9, 2007, 3:44 pm - IP Logged

What's so special about 1212?  At time certain numbers may be played by a lot of people but states limit the number of times any set of numbers can be played in their pick3 and pick4 games to limit their liability if those numbers are drawn.  If you are playing those numbers and have never been told that limit has been reached than not as many people are playing those numbers as you may think.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8395 Posts
      Posted: December 9, 2007, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

I know people like to play double doubles because they pay more boxed in many states. however this is not a number to hang onto. (play every day) as it's not one of those numbers that comes out a lot over the long haul.

I see here in Missouri that back in 2001 it came out three times in one year. This was a lucky year for that number and it could happen again but i wouldn't count on it.

Missouri has 730 pick 4 drawings a year except maybe for holidays and there are 10,000 pick 4 numbers. There are hundreds of other pick 4 numbers that have a better chance of coming out than 1212. Many single digit numbers like 1234 have 24 different ways they can come out. 

An example of a good pick4 number for Missouri is 1298 which has came out 6 time this year which is also about average for some pick 4 straights. And just because this combination did well this year doesn't mean it will do well next year or the following years.

Since there are 730 pick 4 drawings of which many numbers will have come out different ways there are still like 9270 possible numbers and more that weren't draw this year so far.

Fri, Nov 30, 2007MissouriMidday Pick 48-1-9-2
      Tue, Nov 20, 2007MissouriPick 41-2-9-8
      Thu, Oct 18, 2007MissouriMidday Pick 48-1-2-9
      Wed, Sep 19, 2007MissouriMidday Pick 42-9-1-8
      Tue, Mar 27, 2007MissouriMidday Pick 48-9-1-2
      Mon, Mar 5, 2007MissouriPick 49-8-1-2

Tue, Dec 28, 2004MissouriMidday Pick 41-2-2-1
      Mon, Nov 26, 2001MissouriPick 42-1-2-1
      Tue, May 29, 2001MissouriPick 41-2-2-1
      Mon, Apr 2, 2001MissouriPick 41-1-2-2

United States
        Member #10720
        January 23, 2005
        933 Posts
        Posted: December 9, 2007, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

maybe some Rush fans might play 2112 but there are other combinations that get played and had big total payouts.. 911 is commonly played, 123, 666, 711, today's date, years, etc. In nj it's pari-mutuel so if my prg. says a "year" is coming out I either don't play it or I put $1 expecting a reduced payout. Numbers that have been coming out frequently also would have bigger total payouts and number sets that repeat entirely on jackpot games. I don't see any evidence so far withholding any numbers. Bear in mind that 1212 STR on 2-drawings per day would come out on average once every 15 years! A box of 1212 would come out 6 times as often (every 2-1/2 years). Also what about I often see people play the same # 10 or more times and one guy won a few hundred-thousand by playing a Pick 4 for $100.

If you believe the lottery withholds some numbers, try to figure out what they are and don't play them. Even if the system is totally fair you're going to average getting back 50 cents per every dollar played.

Another tip! In nj you can see at the ticket machine how many winners there were, in PA it's also shown online. That would give a clue how many winners were "allowed".

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8395 Posts
          Posted: December 9, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

It's been so long since i was a standard member i cant remember if you can use the results pages as a tool to check these things out click results click search past results click your state and enter the number that just came out in your state say for a year or all available history this might give you some clues as to what numbers show up a lot.

You can also check previous numbers that came out in your state. There are definitely certain numbers that come out boxed more frequently every year. So say if your favorite number is 5413 and it just came out and has also came out two other times in different order you might want to play it as 1543 or a couple other ways straight and buy the boxed bet as a back up.

Keeping an excel file of your states number year by year doesn't hurt either. Look over them and see what numbers come out the most often. Those will be your keeper numbers. 

oh and by all means get your whole years worth of numbers and drop them in the deflate feature this will tell you for sure what numbers came out boxed and straight during the past year.