Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Multi-Algorythm Super Excel formula

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #46570
September 14, 2006
558 Posts
Posted: December 11, 2007, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Hi all,

Been trying to find out if you can combine multiple formulas in excel so that a few formulas are working together ..or is this a job for a more complex program ?

Say for example, I want to make a formula in Excel where I input ,,say 10 past numbers into it, then have a wheel perform its function, then have another formula run some filters, then a follow-up wheel kicks in and identifies a few key numbers from its wheel/pattern/filter formula. Can this be done ..and if not, in which direction can anyone point me to, to a program that could. Maybe its already created and its in a GUI format which would be pretty sweet.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: December 11, 2007, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

If you are asking if Excel can do this, yes.

As a static formula in a cell, I think it may be difficult, but I'm not a 'formula' expert.

As a macro that you run, yes. Cool

Most of the limitations of Excel are found between the keyboard and the chair.Wink 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19824 Posts
      Posted: December 11, 2007, 5:51 pm - IP Logged

I wrote a basic program that loads up a data file of past drawings and either use numbers from that file or allows me to enter up to 60 numbers.  Then it create random combinations from the group of numbers and compare them with the data file and reject or accept them base on parameters I've entered.  I usually reject combinations that have matched more than three in past drawings or combinations just picked.

I don't use or know Excel but I understand anything that can be done outside of Excel can be done in Excel with macros written using Visual Basic.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking