Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 9:30 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Discrepancies In Previous Drawing Records?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JAP69.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
DC
United States
Member #56974
December 12, 2007
2 Posts
Posted: December 12, 2007, 5:06 am - IP Logged

Greetings fellow lottery players,

This is my first post so I apologize if this has been covered in a previous thread.
I was recently analyzing the Mega Ball numbers in the Mega Millions lottery and noticed that there were Mega ball numbers showing above 46. Am I just completely wrong here? Or is that some kind of goof up on their web site? I thought that Mega ball numbers were capped at 46 after 1/1/99?

Essentially, I’m trying to find an accurate ASCII doc. with all of the Mega Millions drawings from the last time anything major was changed until now. I’ve been delving into some statistics lately and as you can guess, having skewed base numbers are not going to help me in the least. For what its worth, I can share my data with anyone who is interested.

Thank you to anyone who can help me!

p.s. So far Ive been able to (for the most part) accurately predict even/odd and hi/low mega balls. Im just trying to tweak some calculations and move on to the main course.Red Devil

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49618 Posts
    Posted: December 12, 2007, 9:59 am - IP Logged

The first drawing with the current matrix was: 06/24/2005!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

four4me's avatar - gate1
      MD
      United States
      Member #1701
      June 18, 2003
      8359 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2007, 10:09 am - IP Logged

This is my first post so I apologize if this has been covered in a previous thread.
      I was recently analyzing the Mega Ball numbers in the Mega Millions lottery and noticed that there were Mega ball numbers showing above 46. Am I just completely wrong here? Or is that some kind of goof up on their web site? I thought that Mega ball numbers were capped at 46 after 1/1/99?

Essentially, I’m trying to find an accurate ASCII doc. with all of the Mega Millions drawings from the last time anything major was changed until now. I’ve been delving into some statistics lately and as you can guess, having skewed base numbers are not going to help me in the least. For what its worth, I can share my data with anyone who is interested.

p.s. So far Ive been able to (for the most part) accurately predict even/odd and hi/low mega balls. Im just trying to tweak some calculations and move on to the main course.Red Devil

the first version of The Big Game (January 12, 1999 and prior: first 5 numbers were 1-50 and Big Money Ball was 1-25).

the second version of The Big Game (January 15, 1999 to May 14, 2002: first 5 numbers were 1-50 and Big Money Ball was 1-36).

the third version of Mega Millions (May 17, 2002 to June 21, 2005: first 5 numbers were 1-52 and Mega Ball was 1-52).

the current version you select five distinct numbers between 1 and 56, and one "Mega Ball" number between 1 and 46. The Mega Ball can be the same as one of the first five numbers, because it is drawn from a separate number pool from the first five numbers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23259 Posts
        Posted: December 12, 2007, 11:28 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

DC
          United States
          Member #56974
          December 12, 2007
          2 Posts
          Posted: December 12, 2007, 7:27 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the info!

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8790 Posts
            Posted: December 12, 2007, 7:37 pm - IP Logged

Click U S A MEGA  on left of screen

You will find results and prior stats there.

Read the NOTES at bottom as there is info there on stats with each game change.

WHATT