Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Data streams for prediction purposes

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 9 years ago by JAP69.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Use separate day and night draws, or, a combined drawing file

Day only [ 3 ]  [17.65%]
Night only [ 3 ]  [17.65%]
Combined day and night [ 11 ]  [64.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 17 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1405 Posts
Posted: December 12, 2007, 3:21 pm - IP Logged

I'm in the process of establishing history data bases for the Texas Daily (Pick) 4 games.
Seems I can have 3 data streams - 1 for day draw, 1 for the night draw, or 1 combined day/night draw.
I've searched the LP files and others for advice. Seems other folks have the same question.
Keeping 3 sets of information seems redundant, not to mention the time involved.
To resolve the issue, I've monitored the pick 4 drawings, as shown at the Texas Lottery
Commission website, and have concluded that keeping one set of data is sufficient.
In Texas, 2 machines are used for the Daily 4 game. There are 12 sets of balls. The machines
and balls sets are interchangeable.
The machine and ball sets to be used for a drawing is determined randomly. An alternate
combination is chosen. The primary machine and ball sets are tested 4 times (pretests) prior
to each drawing.
The machine is run a 5th time to obtain the winning numbers.
The equipment is returned to storage where it is used again for the next drawing.
The same procedure is used for the Pick 3 drawings, although different machines and ball
sets are used.
One thing is clear, the amount of time between the drawings is not a factor. The same equipment
is used day after day. It's possible that the same machine and ball sets could be used for both
the day and night drawings.
It would seem then that tracking a combined data stream would be a good choice, as opposed to
separate streams.
Problem is, just about every website having drawing results, including LP, seem to favor
separate streams. I've got a couple commercial number generating systems and they require
separate history files.
Be interesting to know what other LP members are doing.
Working with one combined stream is my choice.

kkkathleen's avatar - yocco
    south houston, TX
    United States
    Member #46359
    September 8, 2006
    893 Posts
    Posted: December 12, 2007, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

Tx has 2 machines for pick 4 they rotate them the 1st of the month.check your pre-test to see which machine they are using.  Pick 3 tx has 3 machines . Ck pre-tests to see which machine they are using they mix the machines up on pick 3. On day and nite pick 3 & 4 they use the same machine! Well one machine for pick 3 and a different one for pick 4

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.
    M.K. Gandhi

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8795 Posts
      Posted: December 12, 2007, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

I use combined draws To keep it simple.

My theory is that you find something in a due situation using combined draws that due situation could drop mid or eve.

But I have kept separate data bases at one time. I have previously owned software that came with separate data bases for mid and eve. But I had the option with the software to merge the games into one.

Type