Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 4:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What we're up against

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 9 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10388 Posts
Posted: December 13, 2007, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

This is regarding  Pick 6 and 5 + 1 games mostly.

Consider this, there are more than 57,000 members here. Factor in inactive and what have you and let's say maybe 5 to 10 % post.

Now figure most of them play jackpot games, let's say $1 a game to compensate for thos who only play Pick 3 or 4 and for those who spend $10 per drawing. (It's been said the average ticket sale is $1).

Now times 104 drawings a year, times the number of years LP has been here. 

No jackpots.

If we were all playing together as one huge pool would you stay in it? How long would you stay in it?

Despite everything that's been tried here, all the "positive vibes" about "knowing I'm going to win the jackpot", and what have you, nada, zip, zilch. 

Tell you anything?

Lotto is just a $1 lark at a big score, that's the only way you can look at it.

Someomne who hopes to win a jackpot for a dollar or two is one thing, someone who starts betting a lot of money on a lottery draewing because they "know" they are winning this time is already in trouble.

And despite all that, there are people that want the 5 + 1 game matrixes to expand.

Bang Head

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7340 Posts
    Posted: December 13, 2007, 9:19 pm - IP Logged

This is regarding  Pick 6 and 5 + 1 games mostly.

Consider this, there are more than 57,000 members here. Factor in inactive and what have you and let's say maybe 5 to 10 % post.

Now figure most of them play jackpot games, let's say $1 a game to compensate for thos who only play Pick 3 or 4 and for those who spend $10 per drawing. (It's been said the average ticket sale is $1).

Now times 104 drawings a year, times the number of years LP has been here. 

No jackpots.

If we were all playing together as one huge pool would you stay in it? How long would you stay in it?

Despite everything that's been tried here, all the "positive vibes" about "knowing I'm going to win the jackpot", and what have you, nada, zip, zilch. 

Tell you anything?

Lotto is just a $1 lark at a big score, that's the only way you can look at it.

Someomne who hopes to win a jackpot for a dollar or two is one thing, someone who starts betting a lot of money on a lottery draewing because they "know" they are winning this time is already in trouble.

And despite all that, there are people that want the 5 + 1 game matrixes to expand.

Bang Head

"Despite everything that's been tried here, all the "positive vibes" about "knowing I'm going to win the jackpot", and what have you, nada, zip, zilch. 

Tell you anything?"

If the 5 + 1 games needed players like for the jackpots to grow, they would never reach $25 million. Betting $20 to win millions might seem like a good wager until you make 104 $20 bets. It's not being disappointed that I didn't win the jackpot that bothers me, it's what I should expect to win that is disappointing.

The overall odds of winning anything in Mega Millions is 1 in 40 but the odds of winning $150 is 1 in 13,781 so what is the realistic return I should expect to get from $2080 even if I'm lucky enough to hit 3 + 1 or 4 + 0? 

About 300 bucks for a loss of $1700? 

"And despite all that, there are people that want the 5 + 1 game matrixes to expand."

Because that would mean more opportunities to think of ways to reword the same old topics and polls of "how will you spend the money?"