Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Won more than you thought...

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by lottolaughs.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TexasDreams's avatar - Trek ROMSYM2.gif
Houston, Texas
United States
Member #56457
November 19, 2007
55 Posts
Posted: December 16, 2007, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

Has anyone ever went to cash in their winnings only to find out they won more than originally thought. I did that just earlier this month. I thought I had only won $153.00 in the Mega Millions, but I just didn't see the other combinations on the other two tickets, I actually won $317.00. Good thing the clerk was honest!

A few years ago, billionaire Warren Buffett advised  "Investors should remember that excitement and expenses are their enemies. And if they insist on trying to time their participation in equities, they should try to be fearful when others are greedy and greedy only when others are fearful."

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
    Member #28409
    December 15, 2005
    1198 Posts
    Posted: December 16, 2007, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations Cheers 

Yes, I cashed in some tickets thinking I had only won 100. on powerball.  When the clerk said "Can you recount these?  I get 374.00?"  to another clerk, my jaw  dropped. That was in Dec last year.  Dec 5th? 6th? Something like that.   

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

chasingadream's avatar - Archangel 01.jpg

United States
      Member #38687
      May 3, 2006
      315 Posts
      Posted: December 16, 2007, 1:32 pm - IP Logged

o yeeeah that happens to me all the time but I always act like I thought it should have been more than what the clerk says.....that usually prompts them to show me proof of the amount on the terminal screen or by printing out a slip with the total amount won printed on it.

Oogle  waiting patiently for my jackpot

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
        Member #4121
        March 23, 2004
        817 Posts
        Posted: December 16, 2007, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

I remember one time.  I thought I won only $50 but the clerk gives me $100, so I hurry out the door.  One hour later feeling guilty I tried to return the $50 to the clerk.  The clerk said the machine rang $100 and so he refuse to accept the $50.   He said I just missed a number when checking.  Very honest clerk.   

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: December 16, 2007, 2:40 pm - IP Logged

I think the most for me was like $5 bucks. Nothing to write home about. LOL

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
            Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: December 16, 2007, 3:33 pm - IP Logged

No, I check the amount online on LP and the FL web site.  Sometimes I remember it as $9 and it's $9.50, but as ScaryChick wrote, nothing to get too excited about.

I'd really be excited if I was told "you got 6 numbers instead of 3"  (hey, even 5 numbers would be great)

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
              nashville
              United States
              Member #49896
              February 18, 2007
              1181 Posts
              Posted: December 16, 2007, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

actually i have had the opposite happen to me i have won less than i thought because when the tn lottery first made the lotto 5 RNG the payouts had changed for 3 of 5 from around $11 down to $9. even when the lotto 5 rolls over now its less than it would be when tn had the live ball drawings.

Sunny California
                United States
                Member #40295
                May 31, 2006
                7712 Posts
                Posted: December 17, 2007, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Yes, this has happened to me a few times with scratchoff tickets. Some of the games like the bingo cards can be confusing. You never quite know what you win until the ticket is run through the machine because you can win multiple times on one ticket. It's easy to miscalculate.