Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 2:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Instructions for giving a membership gift

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23356 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2007, 9:53 pm - IP Logged

A few people have asked me about how to give another member a membership gift, so I figured I'd post instructions for everyone to see, in case there are others who wanted to know.

First, any member can buy another member any number of months of a membership, even if that person is already a paid member.  The gift will simply extend the person's membership however many months are purchased.  So if the recipient's membership is due to expire in June, a gift of a 6-month membership will extend the recipient's membership six months to December.

To buy a gift for someone, make the purchase as if you're making it for yourself.  Go to the Premium Memberships page, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the button corresponding to the type/length of membership and method of payment.

When you're checking out (completing your purchase), be sure to include a note to me in the Message entry space, telling me that it is a gift, and specifying the member's Lottery Post username.  Be sure to spell it correctly!  (Otherwise it may delay your gift.)

Whether you're paying by credit card directly or through PayPal, you will see a Notes/Message space at some point during checkout.  However, if for some reason you were unable to find it during checkout, just send me a PM to let me know about the gift.  If you DID include the note during checkout, there is no need to send me a PM.

What happens next

Within 24 hours of your purchase, I will upgrade the gift recipient's membership (or extend their existing membership), and then I will immediately send them a brief note to let them know about their gift, and who sent it.  Then I will send YOU a note to let you know the gift was delivered.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
    Member #17555
    June 22, 2005
    5582 Posts
    Posted: December 21, 2007, 2:31 am - IP Logged

Thanx Todd, I'll keep that in mind.

Let's all chip in a buck, and extend Todd's membership for about the next 30 years.

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
      Member #5344
      June 30, 2004
      23641 Posts
      Posted: December 21, 2007, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

Thanx Todd, I'll keep that in mind.

Let's all chip in a buck, and extend Todd's membership for about the next 30 years.

count me in

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: December 22, 2007, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

count me in

Good....we're gettting somewhere.

2 bucks so far. C'mon folks...I'm no salesperson, but I can egg on my felllow LP mebers to cooperate.

United States
          Member #5344
          June 30, 2004
          23641 Posts
          Posted: December 24, 2007, 12:47 pm - IP Logged

Pacattack,

If you collect enough, throw in yourself for  a membership.. I will put an extra 50 cents in for you..

United States
            Member #6388
            August 20, 2004
            3578 Posts
            Posted: December 25, 2007, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

A few people have asked me about how to give another member a membership gift, so I figured I'd post instructions for everyone to see, in case there are others who wanted to know.

First, any member can buy another member any number of months of a membership, even if that person is already a paid member.  The gift will simply extend the person's membership however many months are purchased.  So if the recipient's membership is due to expire in June, a gift of a 6-month membership will extend the recipient's membership six months to December.

To buy a gift for someone, make the purchase as if you're making it for yourself.  Go to the Premium Memberships page, scroll to the bottom of the page, and click the button corresponding to the type/length of membership and method of payment.

When you're checking out (completing your purchase), be sure to include a note to me in the Message entry space, telling me that it is a gift, and specifying the member's Lottery Post username.  Be sure to spell it correctly!  (Otherwise it may delay your gift.)

Whether you're paying by credit card directly or through PayPal, you will see a Notes/Message space at some point during checkout.  However, if for some reason you were unable to find it during checkout, just send me a PM to let me know about the gift.  If you DID include the note during checkout, there is no need to send me a PM.

What happens next

Within 24 hours of your purchase, I will upgrade the gift recipient's membership (or extend their existing membership), and then I will immediately send them a brief note to let them know about their gift, and who sent it.  Then I will send YOU a note to let you know the gift was delivered.

Happy Holidays Todd,hope you got everything you wanted this holiday season....

Thanks for the info,I appreciate it!

-U.n.v.me 

United States
              Member #916
              December 12, 2002
              18335 Posts
              Posted: December 27, 2007, 11:34 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2007, 4:32 am - IP Logged

Pacattack,

If you collect enough, throw in yourself for  a membership.. I will put an extra 50 cents in for you..

You already put your 2 cents in so now it's 48 cents.

50 cents - 2 cents = 48 cents.

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: December 31, 2007, 3:57 pm - IP Logged

I put a buck for Todd and half buck for you... lol

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: December 31, 2007, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

I put a buck for Todd and half buck for you... lol

Now it's 46 cents. You just put another 2 cents in. That's 4 in total.

50 - 4 = 46

I'm keeping a tab.......!