Welcome Guest
You last visited September 25, 2017, 3:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida Lotto rolled once more

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: December 20, 2007, 12:27 am - IP Logged

The Florida 6/53 game had no jackpot winners Wed night.  The estimated prize for Sat is $47 million, probably $25 or $26 million before taxes.  (around 55%)  Florida is fairly conservative in its estimates, so it might go higher.

Once again, Lottery Post had the results posted before the Florida Lottery web site.

Southwest Florida
    United States
    Member #56183
    November 6, 2007
    75 Posts
    Posted: December 20, 2007, 12:35 am - IP Logged

How high can it go? Or how high has it ever been?

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: December 20, 2007, 12:42 am - IP Logged

How high can it go? Or how high has it ever been?

I think the highest jackpot was $106 million.  Not sure.  In 2003 it reached $54 million.   One person hit that night and the ticket was never claimed.  It expired 6 months later. 

I doubt if the jackpot will keep rolling unless a lot of people are away for the holidays, although it's possible.  This is a very busy time of year in Florida.  Tourists and "snowbirds" have the money and buy lots of tickets too.  I don't care if it grows.  $47 million is more than enough for me.  (..and I won't complain if 10 people win Saturday, as long as I'm one of them!)

Southwest Florida
        United States
        Member #56183
        November 6, 2007
        75 Posts
        Posted: December 20, 2007, 12:59 am - IP Logged

I think the highest jackpot was $106 million.  Not sure.  In 2003 it reached $54 million.   One person hit that night and the ticket was never claimed.  It expired 6 months later. 

I doubt if the jackpot will keep rolling unless a lot of people are away for the holidays, although it's possible.  This is a very busy time of year in Florida.  Tourists and "snowbirds" have the money and buy lots of tickets too.  I don't care if it grows.  $47 million is more than enough for me.  (..and I won't complain if 10 people win Saturday, as long as I'm one of them!)

I kinda like playing when the jackpot is lower.  I feel like the odds are better.  Nonetheless, it is exciting to play as the pot grows bigger and bigger. It can keep growing till I win, as far as I'm concerned!  Big Smile

$47 Million is one BIG number!  Eek  It's alot more than enough for me too!  I'd be happy with a $3 million jackpot!  Christmas

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: December 20, 2007, 1:06 am - IP Logged

The odds never change.  They are always 1 in 23 million.  It's true that more people buy tickets when the jackpot is high, but it has no effect whatsoever on whether or not your numbers will be drawn.  Still almost all Florida Lotto jackpots are won by a single ticket. (sometimes the winner is a pool, but it's still a single ticket)  Good luck!

Southwest Florida
            United States
            Member #56183
            November 6, 2007
            75 Posts
            Posted: December 20, 2007, 1:12 am - IP Logged

The odds never change.  They are always 1 in 23 million.  It's true that more people buy tickets when the jackpot is high, but it has no effect whatsoever on whether or not your numbers will be drawn.  Still almost all Florida Lotto jackpots are won by a single ticket. (sometimes the winner is a pool, but it's still a single ticket)  Good luck!

You know, you are right...1 in 23 million!  Dah!!LOL!!  Like I said, I feel like the odds are better...

Good luck to you, too!!Party 

Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2007, 2:44 pm - IP Logged

Pac, was that you who won at Sweetbay last night?   If we don't hear from him any more, we'll know why!  Big Grin Santa

According to the newspaper...

Two tickets matched all six numbers in last night's Lotto drawing and the ticket-holders will share the estimated $47 million jackpot.

One winner picked his numbers while the other bought a Quick Pick and let the Florida Lottery computers pick the numbers. Both tickets were bought in the same county and, for a change, it wasn't Miami-Dade County. The winners this time were bought in Lee County.

The winning Lotto numbers: 2, 12, 32, 36, 40 and 43

One of the tickets was bought at Sweetbay in Bonita Springs. The other, a Quick Pick, was purchased at a 7-Eleven in Fort Myers.

Literally a hop, skip & a jump from where I pickup my mail everyday, although I generally shop at Publix.  (I don't like Sweetbay.) But it wasn't a QP anyway & nowhere near the numbers I play. Notice that only one number is odd and out of 53 numbers, 4 of them are over 30.  Not a combination the "experts" who write books would recommend.  Amazing that someone chose those numbers and won about $24M.  Congrats to the winner.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                20130 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2007, 3:15 pm - IP Logged

"Not a combination the "experts" who write books would recommend."

"Lottery experts" who write books have "winning sales" and don't need "winning combinations".

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking