Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 6:48 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The 5 year countdown has begun, 12-21-2012

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10356 Posts
Posted: December 21, 2007, 1:05 am - IP Logged

For those of you who are aware of the Mayan prophecy, we're five years away.

For thos who aren't, you might want to Google Mayan Prophecy or 12-21-2012.

Briefly, the Mayan calendar just stops Dec 21 2012.  

No one knows for sure what's going to happen, but many people feel something very significant is.

The Mayans aren't the only ones with a prophecy about this date, either.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8366 Posts
    Posted: December 21, 2007, 1:50 am - IP Logged

quite possible the Mayans knew something we don't like a stellar event that will take place one such event is On 12/12/2012 the asteroid Toutatis will be in line for a possible Earth impact, this is a very strange tumbling asteroid.

Another possible event but no date has been set is the possibility the earth will experience a switching of the magnetic poles this switching could take years or happen over a relatively short period of time. Scientists know it will happen but when is another story.

We are long over due for a few cataclysmic events. Major quakes, volcanic eruptions, sudden impacts etc.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: December 21, 2007, 1:55 am - IP Logged

So are you playing 1212 on Friday or 2012? 

By the way, if you have any proof of this event, let me know and maybe I can convince the government to start paying me my social security check early.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8366 Posts
        Posted: December 21, 2007, 2:35 am - IP Logged

So are you playing 1212 on Friday or 2012? 

By the way, if you have any proof of this event, let me know and maybe I can convince the government to start paying me my social security check early.

No i do not have proof i found out on the Internet by typing Mayan calender. There are many near earth asteroids. Supposedly that asteroid has already passed earth. Our government would never tell us far in advance of such and event that might cause the demise of our species. It will only be broadcast when it's been discovered by by some amateurish astronomer who will leak it to the press. Total world wide chaos will ensue. You wouldn't need social security but you might want to find a friend who has a cave with plenty of food and such.

In Maryland if you don't have 1221 buy now it will more than likely be sold out for today.

Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
          Member #2217
          September 1, 2003
          985 Posts
          Posted: December 21, 2007, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

A countdown indeed.  Of all the end of the world doom-saying dates, this one has had a tremendous amount of air time already.   Further substance is added by numerologists and others who add their take and incidence of the date showing up in their work.  Every time I dwell on this subject even briefly, I experience a premonition that I can't shake.  I do not have a full fix yet on what message I'm getting but I will say this:  There is serious potential for this to become an out-of-control situation worldwide in the form of perhaps mass hysteria... I just don't know quite yet.   If you look back historically to other doom dates that have passed, there is much to be learned.  None has been (for obvious reasons) on the scale of this from standpoint of the technology for media available, world population, etc.   

Everything from history is largely based on interpretation and what the Mayan's were trying to say is no different.   The more you read and become informed about the different theories the more, I believe, your mind will open to what the potential messages are here. 

Do I believe this date coincides with the end of the world or the end of civilation?   The Mayan calculations are remarkable in their accuracy and do, in fact, end and are therefore interpreted as possibly marking the end of time.  Perhaps their calculations end because it is time for the world to be wise enough to make a new calendar for the future.   

May we live in interesting times - indeed.

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: December 21, 2007, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

See, you obviously don't remember. The world already ended on January 01, 2000 when Y2K hit.  That's when all the believers were beamed up to the flying saucers, and the only people left on Earth were the Lottery players.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

United States
              Member #10720
              January 23, 2005
              933 Posts
              Posted: December 21, 2007, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I must chime in here. First of all, unless there will be some huge Lottery drawing like "Winter Solstice Billions 2012", it don't quite belong here, but that being said..

The mayan calendar is based on the precession (whatever) of the Winter solstice in the night sky. Right now it's getting close to the galactic equator (lined up with the galactic center where is said a massive black hole, but it's some 30,000 light years away).. the solar system rides up and down above/below galactic median every 26,000 years, the length of the Mayan "long calendar" so their "new year's" is due in 5 years, being it's based on this up/down cycle. Whatever is supposed to happen in 2012, should have happened like exact clockwork every 26K years, so is there any evidence of catastrophe occurring at such regular intervals? Reputable scientific sources are pretty silent about it and the 2012 hype is mainly on what I call wacko sites. One touted a book that was sure the world would end last September being we were supposed to start seeing the effects of the galactic alignment starting a few months ago. 30K ly is a huge distance for an object to affect something much more strongly 5 yrs. later than now. It should be happening already. Anyway the fact is, the Sun will be lined up with the center of the galaxy (30K ly distant) on the date mentioned, and I myself think the worst problem at that time will be Hillary screaming that she's "sick and tired of" all these sunspots causing interference during her Re-Election 2012 campaign.

Also a good question - are there other stars/planets lined up right now with galactic center? Are they having any problems?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10356 Posts
                Posted: December 21, 2007, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

I've read quite a bit about it and have heard it discussed many times on radio. Not everyone thinks it's necessarily a "doomsday" event, many think it is going to bring in some kind of significant change which might be anything from a polar shift to a spiritual awakening to an entirely new way of looking at things.

Interestingly, the Mayans are not the only ones with a prophecy about this date.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.