Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Online Tickets

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by frankwya.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
fairborn
United States
Member #57089
December 16, 2007
15 Posts
Posted: December 21, 2007, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

Is it aganist the law to buy lottery tickets onlione if you live in the Usa. I live in Ohio?

Thanks and merry christmas!!! 

NY
    United States
    Member #23835
    October 16, 2005
    3475 Posts
    Posted: December 22, 2007, 2:58 am - IP Logged

It depends on who you ask.  It's illegal to resell a lottery ticket,  mail or send by any commercial method lottery chances* across state lines, and illegal to charge a fee for crossing state lines to buy a ticket for someone. Plenty of people believe that those laws don't prohibit somebody from charging a fee for the service of buying a ticket if they don't cross a state line to do so. Other people apparently think those laws do make it illegal to charge a fee for buying somebody a ticket.

*Before the drawing, a ticket is a chance to win. After the drawing it's either a winner or a loser. It's no longer a chance, and can then be mailed legally.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23277 Posts
      Posted: December 22, 2007, 6:28 am - IP Logged

Whatever you do, just don't make any purchases from a site called "the lotter".  They don't actually buy any tickets.  You might as well burn your money.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: December 22, 2007, 9:53 am - IP Logged

Is it aganist the law to buy lottery tickets onlione if you live in the Usa. I live in Ohio?

Thanks and merry christmas!!! 

If you decide to burn your money, please make sure it's in a well ventilated area.

mjwinsmith's avatar - moon

United States
          Member #391
          June 8, 2002
          16078 Posts
          Posted: December 22, 2007, 10:02 am - IP Logged

If you decide to burn your money, please make sure it's in a well ventilated area.

Don't waste your time burning your money, your govenment is already doing it for you!

If you have to burn it thou at least get one of those big metal garbage cans and burn it out side of the house you will be tossed out of after foreclosure.

>Michael

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: December 22, 2007, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I feel ify towards a lot of places that sell online tickets. I know people have been paid for wins, but I would still be afraid that if I bought a ticket online and won a huge jackpot like Mega Millions, then I would never see the money. So I just end up sticking to my states lottery. I know that if I buy the ticket and it's a winner, that I will have the money in my hands.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: December 23, 2007, 7:49 am - IP Logged

i'll put it in simplier terms....

your a dollar short and a year late.if your talking about online lottery playing that all got shut down by some overzealous idiotic dumbasses that are no longer in office due to said error of ways.....

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                West Side of Sunny Florida
                United States
                Member #55048
                September 8, 2007
                3371 Posts
                Posted: December 23, 2007, 11:42 am - IP Logged

I feel ify towards a lot of places that sell online tickets. I know people have been paid for wins, but I would still be afraid that if I bought a ticket online and won a huge jackpot like Mega Millions, then I would never see the money. So I just end up sticking to my states lottery. I know that if I buy the ticket and it's a winner, that I will have the money in my hands.

I Agree!

Only feel safe if I can see and hold the ticket.

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

fairborn
                  United States
                  Member #57089
                  December 16, 2007
                  15 Posts
                  Posted: December 23, 2007, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Ok I appericate all the answers and feedback. Still really no one has answered my question. I know we can play the lottery online. Is it aganist the law. Will I have someone knocking at my door if I deicde to play? Even this site has a ad for a site where you can play. My favirute game to play is the pick 3. I would never even think about plating the Mega Millions online.

Thanks again