Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 2:47 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever missed out?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 9 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Orlando, FL
United States
Member #56952
December 11, 2007
10 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2007, 7:08 pm - IP Logged

Have you ever missed out on a lottery prize no matter which game it was...cash 3, play 4, etc.. knowing you should have won? Well yesterday here in FL I play my cash 3 game as usual. I like to play my S.O. and I's anniversary date often, yesterday being one of those days. Well to my surprise my 723 didn't hit in cash 3, but instead landed a whopping straight in play 4 as 0723. Now I just wish I could go back in time and play a different game. I mean to sit there and realise a simple mistake made me miss out on 5 grand really is bad. Often I see personal numbers come up more than any #s found by playing systems. I think im going to stick to birthdays, phones #s, and addresses ;) I'd love to hear what some of you have to say!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2007, 7:18 pm - IP Logged

Some of us here call things like that "entertaining the Lottery Fairy" - she's got a really odd sense of humor.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/167528/950279 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2007, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I don't know what you mean by "should have won" since you either played a game or you didn't.  However, I completely understand your reaction, since I've been very, very close to a huge jackpot, but close doesn't count.   

I live in FL too and, if you look at my past posts, I've purchased tickets in Sweetbay many times and someone won about $24M last night.  I've also bet the same numbers for almost 14 years and they've hit the Play-4 or Fant 5 but not Lotto.   Some of us had raffle tickets that were 1 or 2 numbers away from big winners. 

You can't beat yourself up about cudda, shudda, wudda or you'll drive yourself crazy.  I know - it's wasted energy that will only bring you down and keep you from achieving your real goals.  So just move onto the next time and hope for better luck or don't play, since it will happen to you again.

United States
        Member #17555
        June 22, 2005
        5582 Posts
        Posted: December 23, 2007, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

Yes Cheatowin, I've done it with the p-3 a few times with premonitions and red flags to which I didn't take heed.

I would look at this as a learning experience, so I can be more aware and ready when the next set of red flags come along.

Just yesterday I saw a person on T.V. speak about I-80, and then in another channel, someone said flight 180 in Final destination II. So I wanted to play the number which represented "I" in the alphabet which is "9"...so 980. It hasn't hit yet but maybe in a few days.

Most of the time these red flags are just crying wolf, and in order to catch them when they aren't I just have to play them for a few days just incase...lol

Justx...I just saw your comment about 24 million winner in Fort myers, in this thread and told you about it in another post not knowing you already knew....lol And the wheel goes round and round and round.....

tungsten chef's avatar - nw dwarf5.jpg
          Winnipeg
          Canada
          Member #14974
          May 7, 2005
          3643 Posts
          Posted: December 23, 2007, 10:26 pm - IP Logged

hit 8 out of the last what?? 14 triples in about a month, but didn't bet big.got conneticutt friday midday for 450$..than only bet 50 cents on the 4 most out night draws. of course penn hits with 666. duh, hello!!!

heres my best "really close" story. it happened yeatserday. i play the western 6-49. you can get a computer generated 7 digit number they call the Extra for 1$. so I decided to get it. now most of the time all you get is the last number for 2$. this time I was kind of close. the number was 6159792...i had...........6259722. this was for 250 grand, all 7 numbers. if the 2nd 2 would have been a 9...i would have got 5 numbers and won 1000$. this is the closest i ever came on the extra.

Thoth's avatar - binary
            Findlay, Ohio
            United States
            Member #4855
            May 28, 2004
            400 Posts
            Posted: December 24, 2007, 11:24 am - IP Logged

I missed out on 179 straight in Ohio's Pick 3. It was drawn on Thanksgiving day during the midday drawing, which I didnt play that day because I was too busy to go get tickets! grr!

I was playing that number quite often because it was the second longest out straight at around 8,500 games. The first longest out is 023 at over 10,150 games now. I wont miss this one.

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: December 24, 2007, 11:33 am - IP Logged

Have you ever missed out on a lottery prize no matter which game it was...cash 3, play 4, etc.. knowing you should have won? Well yesterday here in FL I play my cash 3 game as usual. I like to play my S.O. and I's anniversary date often, yesterday being one of those days. Well to my surprise my 723 didn't hit in cash 3, but instead landed a whopping straight in play 4 as 0723. Now I just wish I could go back in time and play a different game. I mean to sit there and realise a simple mistake made me miss out on 5 grand really is bad. Often I see personal numbers come up more than any #s found by playing systems. I think im going to stick to birthdays, phones #s, and addresses ;) I'd love to hear what some of you have to say!

Yep. I played a certain set of numbers for a while and couldn't play it one day and on the next drawing I missed out on winning $500 and $5,000. 

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."