Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:06 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Woman duped by fake lottery ticket

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Lotterologist.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
Idaho
United States
Member #56506
November 21, 2007
6537 Posts
Posted: December 24, 2007, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

http://my.earthlink.net/article/str?guid=20071223/476deb50_3ca6_1552620071223-94629561

I saw an interesting article today. A woman who received a scratch off ticket from a concession stand thought she won $25,000 only to find out it was a joke ticket. To read the rest of the story just go to the above link.

The back of the ticket said: "Claim forms supplied by Santa Claus. All winning tickets must be validated by the tooth fairy and conform to her game rules ... All winners are losers and must have an excellent sense of humor," the ticket read."

It would be horrible to think you had won a large sum of money only to find out it was a joke ticket. 

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2007, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

That happened to me (got a couple scratchers as a 'gift') but I realized immediately that "something was up" so I didn't get excited.  I don't think it's very funny, but most people don't realize some of us take the lottery seriously.

"Claim forms supplied by Santa Claus. All winning tickets must be validated by the tooth fairy and conform to her game rules ...

this is what most people feel about the lottery anyway.  Come to think about it, I think I was ahead with the tooth fairy!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19831 Posts
      Posted: December 24, 2007, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

It's easy to get duped when you actually believe a stranger for no reason is going to walk up and hand you a lottery ticket worth $25K. 

Telling this story to a newspaper just before Christmas and adding that she's a single mother make me think she wanted to dupe a few strangers into sharing their Christmas blessings with her.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Lotterologist's avatar - lightbulb
        Lotto City, Michigan
        United States
        Member #36256
        March 30, 2006
        1472 Posts
        Posted: December 24, 2007, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

LOL Merry Christmas! Thumbs Up