Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

FL Lottery is trying to build our trust!

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
inittowin's avatar - 039ee315cfea4c12c8f5
If you don't like it, spit it out!
United States
Member #4756
May 23, 2004
3433 Posts
Posted: December 28, 2007, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

After all of this time of not showing the daily game drawings, for the pick 3 & pick 4, the FL lottery catches on to what the players want. I would like to know if the reason that they are starting the web shows, was because of players complaints or dropping daily sales.

Read the news release below.

FLORIDA LOTTERY DRAWINGS NOW AVAILABLE 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK

-- Webcasting offers players drawing results in a new, convenient way --

TALLAHASSEE-- Beginning January 1st, Florida Lottery players will have access to the Lottery drawings via webcasts posted on the Lottery's Web site at www.flalottery.com. The webcasts will be available within the hour following the actual drawing for all Lottery games -- FLORIDA LOTTO™, MEGA MONEY™, FANTASY 5®, PLAY 4™ and CASH 3™ -- held in the Tallahassee studio. The winning numbers will continue to be posted on the Lottery Web site's home page immediately following each draw. Additionally, the Florida Lottery will offer all television stations across the state the opportunity to pick up the satellite feed and air the official drawings at their convenience.

"We are very excited about providing our players the ability to watch the drawings when they want directly on their personal computers," said Florida Lottery Secretary Leo DiBenigno. "In the very near future, we plan on expanding our Internet presence by making our drawings, commercials, and other video content available through YouTube and iTunes podcasting. The world has changed dramatically since 1988 when the Lottery started, and we have to change just as dramatically if we want to remain relevant and competitive."

As the webcasts are posted on the Lottery's Web site, an archive of videos of the drawings will remain online for 30 days. "The Florida Lottery is providing this new service in part to further enhance its commitment to complete transparency. Prior to making drawings available on the Web site, players had to rely solely on the drawings being aired once on their local television station," added Secretary DiBenigno. "Now they will have complete access to all our drawings at their convenience, which we hope will instill additional confidence in their perception of the Lottery's integrity."

Following is the schedule of Florida Lottery drawings:

FLORIDA LOTTOWed. and Sat., 11:00 p.m. ET
MEGA MONEYTues. and Fri., 11:00 p.m. ET
FANTASY 5Daily, 11:15 p.m. ET
PLAY 4Daily, 7:57 p.m. ET
CASH 3Daily, 7:57 p.m. ET
    Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10353 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2007, 12:12 am - IP Logged

Probably one lottery director talked to another one and found out that when they started doing this sales went up. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2007, 1:02 am - IP Logged

"After all of this time of not showing the daily game drawings, for the pick 3 & pick 4,  "

What? 

I don't know what you mean.  All they are doing is catching up with technology. The Lottery always has had live televised drawings, just not on their web site!  The Pick-3 and Pick-4 are shown on local television every evening just before 8:00.  They are just announcing that they are allowing you to download/view them on their web site so you can see the drawings at your convenience.  I don't watch them anyway, because I don't think staring at the TV and yelling "c'mon 19, c'mon 28" does a bit of good.  When I see the numbers on LP or the FL site or in the newspaper, they are what they are and there's nothing I can do about it except keep trying to win! 

By the way, where did you get the information that sales have been dropping in Florida?  It's possible that because 1.5 million $20 raffle tickets were sold that some people cut back on pick-3, but sales have been strong in Florida as far as I know.  Florida is one of the most successful state lotteries in the country, which is why they keep voting to keep PB and MM out.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
        ORLANDO, FLORIDA
        United States
        Member #4924
        June 3, 2004
        5907 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2007, 6:59 am - IP Logged

"After all of this time of not showing the daily game drawings, for the pick 3 & pick 4,  "

What? 

I don't know what you mean.  All they are doing is catching up with technology. The Lottery always has had live televised drawings, just not on their web site!  The Pick-3 and Pick-4 are shown on local television every evening just before 8:00.  They are just announcing that they are allowing you to download/view them on their web site so you can see the drawings at your convenience.  I don't watch them anyway, because I don't think staring at the TV and yelling "c'mon 19, c'mon 28" does a bit of good.  When I see the numbers on LP or the FL site or in the newspaper, they are what they are and there's nothing I can do about it except keep trying to win! 

By the way, where did you get the information that sales have been dropping in Florida?  It's possible that because 1.5 million $20 raffle tickets were sold that some people cut back on pick-3, but sales have been strong in Florida as far as I know.  Florida is one of the most successful state lotteries in the country, which is why they keep voting to keep PB and MM out.

"The Lottery always has had live televised drawings, just not on their web site!  The Pick-3 and Pick-4 are shown on local television every evening just before 8:00."

I haven't seen a "live" drawing in Orlando, since they changed the format of the Play 4 and doing test draws. Do they show "live draws" in your area?  I'll bet you won't see the test draws. They only flash the results on the local TV channels. 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2007, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

No, they never televised the test draws.  They did televise the pick-3 and 4 but I'll have to check because they always had them on channel 6.   I haven't paid attention lately, since I don't usually watch them anyway since it's right about the time I win Final Jeopardy!

Smiley

(hey, I've gotta win something!)