Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:09 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Q. for those who watch drawings on WGN-TV Chicago

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by chipp.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10345 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2007, 12:25 am - IP Logged

We've seen this before but it happened again the other night- Chicago USUALLY broadcasts the news at 9:00 P.m. Central time.

The drawing is at 9:22.  

But every now and then, they just skip the news entirely and show  America's Funniest Videos - AFV.  

I mean hello, you know, this is one of the major cities in the country. Does the news crew all hang at some bar or the race track or something? No news in Chicago on some nights?

I understand that newscasts are delayed when sports are on, but AFV reruns? 

Just curious, if anyone knows why they do this please do let us know what the deal is.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
    Member #1826
    July 11, 2003
    2645 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2007, 12:52 am - IP Logged

They probably only do that with the national WGN feed, which you are probably getting. The Chicago feed (the one with CW programming) probably still has news. 

(insert signature here)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10345 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2007, 12:55 am - IP Logged

Well we're in Illinois but definitley not in the Chicago viewing area, yeah we get WGN via cable, maybe that's it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
        nashville
        United States
        Member #49896
        February 18, 2007
        1181 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2007, 3:43 am - IP Logged

i agree it could be a cable thing they do because i watch wgn via cable on tuesday night and friday night to see the megamillions numbers at 10 central but if there is a baseball game or basketball game they dont show the drawing or flash the numbers so i log on here to check the results.

chipp's avatar - starwars26
          Illinois
          United States
          Member #797
          October 19, 2002
          661 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2007, 10:11 am - IP Logged

The superstation seems to air different programming than the channel 9 local station.

All draws can be viewed on wgntv.com some time after the draw.