Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I got a question?

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 9 years ago by sirbrad.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
New Jersey
United States
Member #57349
January 1, 2008
2 Posts
Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Hello I have a question if you hit a big jack pot in NJ do you have to have a new conference and have your name and picture in the New paper?  Or can you just stay anonymous?  What about other states?

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20108 Posts
    Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Hello I have a question if you hit a big jack pot in NJ do you have to have a new conference and have your name and picture in the New paper?  Or can you just stay anonymous?  What about other states?

In New Jersey you can't remain anonymous, you go through the whole ceremony.

By the way, welcome to LP....!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:19 pm - IP Logged

You can't pump your own gas in N.J. That's why I live In Floriduh!

Lodi, my favorite.

Litebets27's avatar - power
        Maryland
        United States
        Member #10465
        January 14, 2005
        6065 Posts
        Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to LP!

You can remain anonymous in Maryland.

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8360 Posts
          Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

Some states you do have to appear and some states you don't. New Jersey read number 20 down on the list/link.

If you were to win the lottery and have special circumstances it would be wise to contact a lawyer before you claim your ticket. he/she may be able to file your claim anonymously.

http://www.state.nj.us/lottery/games/1-1-1_mega_rules.htm

New Jersey
            United States
            Member #57349
            January 1, 2008
            2 Posts
            Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:46 pm - IP Logged

That is bad!

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

It is only bad for the winner, or at least so they think. Winners tend to focus on the few negative/extreme experiences in the news, thus developing a major case of paranoia. When in reality there are many thousands of winners who are never bothered, and you never hear about because it would be too boring.

The lottery has to publicize winners in order to protect the integrity of the game, as there are many out there who do not believe prizes are actually being awarded. Until I see the cash I am will be one of them.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: January 1, 2008, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

It is only bad for the winner, or at least so they think. Winners tend to focus on the few negative/extreme experiences in the news, thus developing a major case of paranoia. When in reality there are many thousands of winners who are never bothered, and you never hear about because it would be too boring.

The lottery has to publicize winners in order to protect the integrity of the game, as there are many out there who do not believe prizes are actually being awarded. Until I see the cash I am will be one of them.

Are you saying that you believe that real people aren't actually winning? WOW! I thought I was a conspiracy freak with the govt. and their cohorts...lol

PA
                  United States
                  Member #22983
                  October 6, 2005
                  2226 Posts
                  Posted: January 2, 2008, 11:52 pm - IP Logged

Yes I am a conspiracy freak. However the term freak is usually given to us by those who are actually uneducated, and believe everything they hear via the media, and trust the corrupt government completely. Seeing is believing, and I have yet to see any real-life winners. I don't doubt that no one "ever" wins, but I also believe there is a lot of shady and unsavory tactics that go on behind the scenes.

Especially on the lower tier levels which are not publicized. However if I do win I will be the first to reveal the legitimacy, and will not be hiding from anyone. But like I said, seeing is believing...When I see my bank account that says $50,958,595 Then maybe, just maybe I will no longer conspire...

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                    nashville
                    United States
                    Member #49896
                    February 18, 2007
                    1181 Posts
                    Posted: January 3, 2008, 12:07 am - IP Logged

Yes I am a conspiracy freak. However the term freak is usually given to us by those who are actually uneducated, and believe everything they hear via the media, and trust the corrupt government completely. Seeing is believing, and I have yet to see any real-life winners. I don't doubt that no one "ever" wins, but I also believe there is a lot of shady and unsavory tactics that go on behind the scenes.

Especially on the lower tier levels which are not publicized. However if I do win I will be the first to reveal the legitimacy, and will not be hiding from anyone. But like I said, seeing is believing...When I see my bank account that says $50,958,595 Then maybe, just maybe I will no longer conspire...

good luck sirbrad because it will great to see an LP member claim a jackpot and announce it on here. i want to do the same thing after a multimillon dollar jackpot win.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: January 3, 2008, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Are you saying that you've never heard anyone except idiots using the term "Freak" ?

You need to get out more...lol

Can't touch this....da.... da.. da.. da. da da....Can't touch this...

She's so freaky....

PA
                        United States
                        Member #22983
                        October 6, 2005
                        2226 Posts
                        Posted: January 3, 2008, 2:30 am - IP Logged

Getting out is where all the idiots are, so I will continue staying in. MC Hammer? I think you are the one who needs to get out more. But yeah I have no problem announcing my win here, especially since a few people have posted in the past that no LP member will ever win it big.

Once the cash is settled in I will post, and even provide the necessary proof, and continue posting as usual. Now that is a true lottery hobbyist. Not turn my back on the forum and fade into oblivion forever like any say. Those are superficial cowards...