Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:15 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing other states

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by OldSchoolPa.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
705 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2008, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

I'm getting tired of Michigan not paying out and am thinking about playing The Florida Game but I have never been to Florida.

Is it Legal to play Online from Canada?

If so would I need to get a Tracfone with a Canadian phone number a Canadian E-mail account and a Canadian  online Checking account ?

Would I also need a Canadian address?

what would be  the tax consequences in Canada?

Would I just be better off getting all the Canadian stuff and playing Canadian games??

Thanks for your ideas 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3102 Posts
    Posted: January 3, 2008, 2:21 am - IP Logged

I'm getting tired of Michigan not paying out and am thinking about playing The Florida Game but I have never been to Florida.

Is it Legal to play Online from Canada?

If so would I need to get a Tracfone with a Canadian phone number a Canadian E-mail account and a Canadian  online Checking account ?

Would I also need a Canadian address?

what would be  the tax consequences in Canada?

Would I just be better off getting all the Canadian stuff and playing Canadian games??

Thanks for your ideas 

You can search the world over for better lottery games, but the gold will always be in your own backyard.  Not all provinces allow online gambling and Florida won't sell you tickets online so you would have to double your expense or worse to play through a butler service, which isn't bad if you have a fool proof plan to win or a set you always played when living in Florida you feel obligated to continue playing.  If you have no better idea how to win the Florida game then you do Michigan the grass won't be any greener.  The Canadian games aren't tax free, the tax is part of the ticket price and is paid by everyone.  When you bring the Canadian prize home to the U.S.A. you pay taxes on it like any other income.

BobP

Think's avatar - lightbulb
      Marquette, MI
      United States
      Member #20541
      August 20, 2005
      705 Posts
      Posted: January 3, 2008, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

"You can search the world over for better lottery games, but the gold will always be in your own backyard."

Actually since Michigan switched to RNG/CNG nobody around here is winning anything and the next Fantasy 5 win here wont be until July 2009.

Also Michigan has been in MM for 11 years and nobody around here has won. Yet Ohio was in the game for a year or two and a winning ticket came from some small Podunk town of 200 or 400 people (or something like that).

At least if I could set up in Canada I might be able to go through betslips or some place like that....or maybe play some Canadian games.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        917 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2008, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Actually Michigan had a big winner from 2003/4 who I think died last year and there were two MI guys who split a $30 million JP win with a ticket in California Dec 2006.  Heck, Illinois finally got a winner in MM after a really long drought.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!