Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

LP memebers random observations and "laws of lotto"

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10347 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2008, 12:04 am - IP Logged

What have you observed about playing lotto?

Share your observations and lotto "corollaries" here - not specific strategies like mixing up odd and even numbers, but things like:

When you think all even numbers can't possibly hit another time, they do!

System players will win on quick picks, and vice versa

The pick 3 or 4 you have a strong hunch about and are going to play for the evening draw has hit mid-day, inknownto you.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

benmas's avatar - waveform
    Rhode Island
    United States
    Member #56010
    October 28, 2007
    434 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2008, 2:00 am - IP Logged

What have you observed about playing lotto?

Share your observations and lotto "corollaries" here - not specific strategies like mixing up odd and even numbers, but things like:

When you think all even numbers can't possibly hit another time, they do!

System players will win on quick picks, and vice versa

The pick 3 or 4 you have a strong hunch about and are going to play for the evening draw has hit mid-day, inknownto you.

My personal observations about lotto:

1. He who hesitates is probably right:

The numbers I think first without giving much thought to them hit more often,  but i never play them  because i have to think about the numbers and thats where it all goes wrong for me.

Conclusion: Dont overthink it too much....

2. The desire to win and the pressure lead to wrong decisions:

Sometimes I skip days because either the jackpot is low or i don't want to spend too much $ on lotto. I still go ahead and pick some numbers for the drawings i'm not going to play, just to see how my picks would have performed. I have noticed that where there is no pressure and when i'm not spending money (playing for fun) I get more numbers correct...

3. I have had more succes playing mostly hot numbers...mixed with only one or two colds...playing too many colds because you think they are due has led me to losses...

4. Never reveal your methods...

Share most of yor secrets and watch your friends become millionaires....lol...its true

5. Quick picks are not garbage ....>75% of jackpot winners are QPs.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7298 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2008, 9:23 am - IP Logged

"When you think all even numbers can't possibly hit another time, they do!

In pick-3 games where 12.5% of the combinations are all even, after 3 or more consecutive even numbers it's unlikely but hardly impossible. If it's a coin flip either bet the streak will continue or don't bet at all.

"The pick 3 or 4 you have a strong hunch about and are going to play for the evening draw has hit mid-day, inknownto you."

That's one of Murphy's lottery laws and when this happens you get a free pass to whine about it for the rest of the day.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
        Member #28409
        December 15, 2005
        1198 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2008, 9:49 am - IP Logged

-The numbers you have played every single draw for years will come out the very day you can't play them.

-Your very first guess about which numbers to play were the right ones.  Not the ones you picked after running hours of systems and analysis.

_Those numbers you were dead certain were coming out on mega millions really came out (exactly) on another lottery---and someone else won the jackpot !

-That dream about your dad last night really did mean play his bday numbers. 

I could go on and on.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
          Member #24380
          October 21, 2005
          623 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2008, 12:05 am - IP Logged

-The numbers you have played every single draw for years will come out the very day you can't play them.

-Your very first guess about which numbers to play were the right ones.  Not the ones you picked after running hours of systems and analysis.

_Those numbers you were dead certain were coming out on mega millions really came out (exactly) on another lottery---and someone else won the jackpot !

-That dream about your dad last night really did mean play his bday numbers. 

I could go on and on.

And add that in actuality, you will redeem your "jackpot" at the local store as it will be $500/$600 or less.  You will never go to the headquarters to redeem the "Big Jackpots!  Just a dream that you will beat the odds.  So concentrate on the smaller games and be happy with consistent small wins.  They add up, you know!

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2008, 2:48 am - IP Logged

You will go crazy and twiddle your life away trying to 'perfect' a 'system'. Cannot be done.

All you can hope to do is develop some theories to try and help narrow down some choices for you, and then throw at a dartboard. Sometimes you can guess at 2 or 3 of the numbers and hit them, but you need a WAG for the other numbers. (Wild A-- Guess).

You always gotta remember - folks a lot smarter than us, mathematicians with Doctorate degrees have been trying to hit the perfect theory, and they have not hit it yet.   And factory workers with not much math background hit it with QP's.    

Hmmmmmmmmmm...........