Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What the Heck? PA's Web Site!

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rwsmes.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
Member #26882
November 23, 2005
1404 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2008, 4:18 pm - IP Logged

Todd or anyone: Was not sure where to post this but...... What is up with PA's Lottery Web page that when I try to go there I get this page? Can anyone else access the page or is it just me? Never had anything like this happen before! Any suggestions on what to do?

http://www.palottery.state.pa.us/

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.
Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.

Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    PA
    United States
    Member #22983
    October 6, 2005
    2226 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2008, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I got the same thing! It works now though. For a second I thought I was important and they banned me from the site for bad-mouthing the raffle. Evil Looking

Clairvoyance's avatar - eye storm.jpg

United States
      Member #26882
      November 23, 2005
      1404 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2008, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Yeah I got the same thing! It works now though. For a second I thought I was important and they banned me from the site for bad-mouthing the raffle. Evil Looking

Hahahahaha! That's a good one! I could not imagine why it would block my address! Glad to see everyone else had the problem too and it was not just me!

Wonder why though?

PA
        United States
        Member #22983
        October 6, 2005
        2226 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2008, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Not sure. although I have got errors with the site many times before, like the 500 one, and 400 something. Maybe it goes down for maintenance, but I don't understand the IP error. Almost makes it seem as though you were banned lol. It is not like you can't view the results anywhere else, but I like to view the payouts and it is more convenient there.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23277 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2008, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

When I click the link I see  the site just fine.

Sounds like their server is having problems.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

pittsburgh
            United States
            Member #51040
            March 25, 2007
            457 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2008, 6:21 pm - IP Logged

I did it. i told the wife to play me a number today for $20 straight , 310 her birthday. and then later on in the early after noon i went and played it for a larger sum.I came back home and checked the web site and it was down. It was down for about 4 and a half hours. So i tried to look up the drawing number at 1:41, which was hard to do since the site was down. But some how i managed to find the 1800 number for the daytime results. it was weird because i clicked the "cache" word on the yahoo search. since when i clicked the main link to any pa lottery web page, it didnt work just came up with the error. it showed some weird stuff like had the daytime drawings for the 3rd of this year and the night times was 665 or something like that from june of 06, so anyway i got the number and kept redialing since it was busy like it mostly is, around drawing time. i think (i never really called it but i heard that it existed.) so anyway to make a long story short i just called the grocery store that i happaned to know the phone number by heart. and i apologized for having to call her but asked if she could tell me the daytime numbers. she said ok hold on please and i held for like 1 minute and she came back and said something like 965 so i was was like oh in my head because i didnt hit. and then she said 1036 for the big 4. go figure.

is it really possible i am on to something and bet to much, or do i just bet to much and they change the computer picked numbers to mess with my head EVERYDAY?

SO LETS SEE HOW THEY HANDLE THE 927 FOR TONIGHT THAT I PLAYED WITH THE BOOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: January 4, 2008, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

There are other places to look at the results as well, including here. Yeah it was down early afternoon.

Mid-Atlantic
                United States
                Member #22203
                September 20, 2005
                35 Posts
                Posted: January 4, 2008, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

I did it. i told the wife to play me a number today for $20 straight , 310 her birthday. and then later on in the early after noon i went and played it for a larger sum.I came back home and checked the web site and it was down. It was down for about 4 and a half hours. So i tried to look up the drawing number at 1:41, which was hard to do since the site was down. But some how i managed to find the 1800 number for the daytime results. it was weird because i clicked the "cache" word on the yahoo search. since when i clicked the main link to any pa lottery web page, it didnt work just came up with the error. it showed some weird stuff like had the daytime drawings for the 3rd of this year and the night times was 665 or something like that from june of 06, so anyway i got the number and kept redialing since it was busy like it mostly is, around drawing time. i think (i never really called it but i heard that it existed.) so anyway to make a long story short i just called the grocery store that i happaned to know the phone number by heart. and i apologized for having to call her but asked if she could tell me the daytime numbers. she said ok hold on please and i held for like 1 minute and she came back and said something like 965 so i was was like oh in my head because i didnt hit. and then she said 1036 for the big 4. go figure.

is it really possible i am on to something and bet to much, or do i just bet to much and they change the computer picked numbers to mess with my head EVERYDAY?

SO LETS SEE HOW THEY HANDLE THE 927 FOR TONIGHT THAT I PLAYED WITH THE BOOKIE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! Are you ever paranoid.  If I were you, I would stop gambling.