Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Prediction Forum Question

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Thoth.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Thoth's avatar - binary
Findlay, Ohio
United States
Member #4855
May 28, 2004
400 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2008, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know if there is any way to specify the bet type for numbers posted on the prediction board (Straight or boxed for Pick 3 and Pick 4)?

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8361 Posts
    Posted: January 5, 2008, 12:46 am - IP Logged

No there is no way to do that.

Enter the numbers you hope might come out straight and then hope for the best.

United States
      Member #17555
      June 22, 2005
      5582 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2008, 12:50 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know if there is any way to specify the bet type for numbers posted on the prediction board (Straight or boxed for Pick 3 and Pick 4)?

I posted something along the same lines, but only got a vague response. Glad to see others posting a question to which I would ask.

Thanx again guys and gals....lol

It seems that you really don't have a choice, but i can live with this. I love the LP very much, and willing to put up with a certain degree.

I say straight pick Thoth   ...

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8361 Posts
        Posted: January 5, 2008, 12:57 am - IP Logged

Imagin the confusion it would cause the eyeballs if people were allowed to post numbers on the prediction board with some designation behind them like 243s/b 254s you wouldn't be able to copy and paste them into the inspector or the deflator without editing all the letters out. Todd said he is working on some new prediction abilities for the board but it could be some time before it's all programmed and up and running.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          four4me's avatar - gate1
          MD
          United States
          Member #1701
          June 18, 2003
          8361 Posts
          Posted: January 5, 2008, 1:22 am - IP Logged

How would you propose to identify you preferences for your selections where would you place that info. do you suggest that Todd incorporate separate panel boxes where one might place their numbers outside of the numbers they input. Standard member can only place up to 10 bets while paid members can place up to 50 bets per game.

012,s/b 024,s/b 076,s/b 153,s/b 183,s 194,s 196,s 217,b 241,b 278,b 312,s/b 340,s/b 347,s 348,s 357,s 394,b 436,s/b 431,s/b 447,s 469,s 480,s 501,s 526,b 536,s 560,b 570,s 610,b 613,s 628,s/b 630,s/b 695,s/b 714,s 765,b 792,b 815,s 852,s 863,s/b 875,s/b 894,s 921,s 926,s 952,s/b 970,s 982b
          now copy this to the inspector or deflater and the click inspect or deflate.
           Now imagine having a few hundred numbers you might put in the deflater or inspector. From several posters or more.
            Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23262 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2008, 8:16 am - IP Logged

I don't have any plans to add this to the predictions system because it eliminates the possibility of nit-picking and disputes later on.  By making all bets the same it makes comparisons between players much easier and more accurate.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
              Harbinger
              D.C./MD.
              United States
              Member #44103
              July 30, 2006
              5583 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2008, 8:59 am - IP Logged

When you hit it marks a box hit or straight hit on the prediction board so it is like playing a ticket str./box.  My goals are straight hits, box hits are second in line.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2008, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

While we're talking about the prediction board, could someone explain the rationale behind posting the same number (or combination) multiple times for the same drawing?What?

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8361 Posts
                  Posted: January 5, 2008, 1:39 pm - IP Logged

posting the number multiple times and having it come out straight will increase your pay out and percentage ratio big time.

for instance

Daniel CFloridaPlay 4Straight Quad1-1-1-11-1-1-1$5,000

times 50 plays = $250,000 it would potentially drive you to the top of the prediction board.

Or a predictor might have a strong feeling that a certain number might come out in their state so they post it multiple times for the reward. Same as if you walked into the store and bought 50 tickets straight and your number would come out you would have a nice payday.

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7310 Posts
                    Posted: January 7, 2008, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

023!

Thoth's avatar - binary
                      Findlay, Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #4855
                      May 28, 2004
                      400 Posts
                      Posted: January 8, 2008, 8:18 am - IP Logged

I don't have any plans to add this to the predictions system because it eliminates the possibility of nit-picking and disputes later on.  By making all bets the same it makes comparisons between players much easier and more accurate.

Thanks, Just wondereing. I havent really messed around with the prediction board much.

When you you place a prediction for Pick 3, if you match the combo exactly, does it assume that it's a 50 cents straight bet and a 50 boxed bet at the same time?

~Probability=Odds in Motion~