Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 7:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Not just another day at work

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Jake.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
Member #5344
June 30, 2004
23641 Posts
Posted: January 6, 2008, 5:56 pm - IP Logged

Today at work , my co-worker was looking through the scratched tickets as she was dusting up the mess left by a huge crowd of people.  She found a $3.00 winner on the table and brought it to the counter for me to cash in.   We split what is found in the basket.. (Last week I carried tickets home and found $34 total to split with her)  After I laid her half on the counter, I heard her gasp my name,   I turned to find her in front of the terminal. She was pale.  I went and took the ticket from her hand and there was JUMBO written over $100.   I thought it was a joke. (We have $500 winning tickets hanging on the wall that have been cashed in)  Then I noticed the security code hadn't been scratched.  I started laughing and she stood there shaking.  I scanned the ticket and punched in  $500 cash out.  We split the pot.   That lady was so tickled rest of the day.

I can say I am completely ahead in TN for 2008.. lol 

All I play in TN (in state ) is Powerball..

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
    West Side of Sunny Florida
    United States
    Member #55048
    September 8, 2007
    3371 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2008, 5:26 am - IP Logged

Today at work , my co-worker was looking through the scratched tickets as she was dusting up the mess left by a huge crowd of people.  She found a $3.00 winner on the table and brought it to the counter for me to cash in.   We split what is found in the basket.. (Last week I carried tickets home and found $34 total to split with her)  After I laid her half on the counter, I heard her gasp my name,   I turned to find her in front of the terminal. She was pale.  I went and took the ticket from her hand and there was JUMBO written over $100.   I thought it was a joke. (We have $500 winning tickets hanging on the wall that have been cashed in)  Then I noticed the security code hadn't been scratched.  I started laughing and she stood there shaking.  I scanned the ticket and punched in  $500 cash out.  We split the pot.   That lady was so tickled rest of the day.

I can say I am completely ahead in TN for 2008.. lol 

All I play in TN (in state ) is Powerball..

Nothing better then that!!  winning that is...  Thumbs Up

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

Tnplayer805's avatar - G 14_v78828750_Small.JPG
      North Dakota
      United States
      Member #13397
      April 5, 2005
      1623 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2008, 4:39 pm - IP Logged

Would have been better if the two of you won $50,000 and split that but can't complain with $250 each...  Congrats.

How are you going to win if you don't play?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2008, 4:58 pm - IP Logged

Congrats to you, tntea.Thumbs Up

By the way, it sounds as if it's common to find winning tickets that have been discarded.  First $34, now $500.  Do you share this information with players when they buy tickets or does your store have a sign?  I guess if a store is very busy, you certainly can't be expected to be responsible for a lot of people who are careless, but I'd want everyone to know they should double-check before tossing out a possible winner.  I don't know how I'd feel, since you always say how much you like to help people.  I guess I'd be thrilled, especially since my co-worker got half, and at the same time feel badly for the person who made the mistake.  I guess the person wasn't a regular.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2008, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

Congrat! That is a nice win, especially when you don't even have to buy the ticket to win that much. Yes Nod

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Jake's avatar - animal bird.jpg

United States
            Member #2217
            September 1, 2003
            985 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2008, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Great story - Congratulations!   J