Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 9:53 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anybody Ever Win?

Topic closed. 45 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 2 of 4
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: January 7, 2008, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

With p5 games, you're looking at hundreds of thousands of combos or more. Any system sophisticated enough to whittle that down to a few hundred combos (or less) is going to be too sophisticated to explain in detail in a few paragraghs.

Most of the people clever enough to understand a full explanation will have their own systems. Most of the ones looking for a system will lack the patience to study one so complex.

time*treat

I have to disagree. If anyone ever came up with a system that breat a game, the game would simply no longer be offered to play. 

Some folks who were involved with a very short lived sports betting operation by the state of Delaware could really tell you some stories in this regard.  

In the case of a Pick 5 lotto, even whittling the odds down to "a few hundred combos" is still economic suicide.  

No one who has a few hundred a day ito play s going to bet it on a lottery game - think about this, even if you did have such a "system", in no way, shape or form can you ever guarantee a solo hit.  

So the night a system works, four people playing birthdays and three other people who stopped to get gas play a quick pick and they hit, too.

Lotteries do not care how often anyone hits lower tier prizes, they know that most of those payouts go right back into the game.

(Most 4 of 5 payouts are an insult anyway, considering what they pay ans what they should pay).

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7344 Posts
    Posted: January 7, 2008, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Let me just clarify - when I said the most I won was $11 getting 3/5, I meant that was the highest amount I won playing the game. (average win is $8 or $9)   I got 3 out of 5 a few times. Still, if I bet $1 a day every day for 365 days and won 5 or 6 times (about $50) I would still be down $315.  I don't think a Free Ticket counts, although it is a free bet.  It always gives you a QP even if you play your own numbers. So if you have a system, the Free Ticket would need to be included in it. (your system would have to include a QP once in a while) Yes, I know some LP members will tell me to spend $2 to get the EZ Match, but then I'd be spending twice as much. 

time*treat writes:  I think people get hung up on the idea that there is one all-encompassing-all-powerful-"formula" that wins all the time... and bakes cookies, too

I Agree!

However, may I please elaborate?  What is the definition of "system" is it doesn't work to get you to the end result?  Yes, in science and logic there are many theories, but they all form a conclusion.  In mathematics, the answer is an absolute.  No mathematician would say "I think that 12 squared is 144."  It is either true all the time or it isn't.  It can't be true just a teeny, tiny fraction of the time.  A prime number is always a prime number. It is now and it will be in a million years.  Let's take a simple, everyday example in engineering.  No matter which car you purchase or which engine is under the hood, eventually the vehicle will go from point A to point B.  If your car starts you out at point A (the Lottery retailer) but doesn't get you to point B (Lottery Headquarters) then it isn't a good car or even a reliable one.  Why is a system any different?

So when playing the lottery, if no one system works the majority of the time or, when it does, it only gets you a tiny fraction of the desired result, to me it is not a system. 

If Ohio had EZ Match on Rolling Cash 5, I would need a part time job to play because most of my wheels have around 20 combinations. Those $1 payoffs for 2 out of 5 add up so if I had to play Fantasy 5, I'd probably have to use a different strategy.

Great evaluation of a lottery system; you nailed it!

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7344 Posts
      Posted: January 7, 2008, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

I would like to think that I have lowered my odds by playing this new system/method/plan (call it what you will).  I have increased my winnings significantly.....thats a fact.   Coincidence? I played a strategic quick pick system (believe it or not) for years as well and rarely won anything.  Love to bore you with that silly strategy.

Numbers repeat the next day and sometimes two days later...sometimes as much as 10-12 days later.  You number crunchers are well aware of this and many other fun facts/observations.  I try to account for this in my number selection.

I don't want to start a big debate on statistics.  Seems alot of folks specialize (make a business) in "reporting statistics"...rather than providing answers/direction.

As I said, I don't expect anybody to follow my direction unless I have proven it works. I also woulnt buy anybodys system unless they proved "they themselves" won with it. 

I'll also know that luck will be one of the reasons for my success.  Can luck be manufactured?  Sort of...huh?

"I don't want to start a big debate on statistics.  Seems alot of folks specialize (make a business) in "reporting statistics"...rather than providing answers/direction."

When you have to pick 5 out of 39 numbers it's a must to use statistics. Numbers do repeat the next draw and they did 44 times in the last 100 NY Take 5 drawings. I've used that strategy and put all 5 numbers into my wheel with a 1 of these 5 numbers must hit filter. But when I did, if one of those numbers didn't repeat or two numbers repeated, I couldn't win the jackpot. And in the NY Take 5 that would be over 50% of the last 100 drawings.

When you get into 1 skip or 2 days later, at least 1 of those (up to 10) numbers hit 76 times out of 100 draws. It's a playing strategy but if you must use about 8 numbers to pick 1, how many would you need to pick the other 4?

It's not that we don't want to provide answers or directions; it's that most people don't say "this is the way I'm picking my numbers and I get lots of 3s and an occasional 4; any ideas on how I could improve my method and get that elusive 5th number"?

If that ever happens, we could put our collective heads together and maybe a few of us will hit a jackpot.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: January 7, 2008, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

time*treat

I have to disagree. If anyone ever came up with a system that breat a game, the game would simply no longer be offered to play. 

Some folks who were involved with a very short lived sports betting operation by the state of Delaware could really tell you some stories in this regard.  

In the case of a Pick 5 lotto, even whittling the odds down to "a few hundred combos" is still economic suicide.  

No one who has a few hundred a day ito play s going to bet it on a lottery game - think about this, even if you did have such a "system", in no way, shape or form can you ever guarantee a solo hit.  

So the night a system works, four people playing birthdays and three other people who stopped to get gas play a quick pick and they hit, too.

Lotteries do not care how often anyone hits lower tier prizes, they know that most of those payouts go right back into the game.

(Most 4 of 5 payouts are an insult anyway, considering what they pay ans what they should pay).

I'm not sure what I said that you disagree withWhat?, but if you just have to disagree with me ... Clown 

I leave it up to individuals to define what "beat a game" means. I think it's subjective.

How precise do I need to be for a general question? 100,000s or a 1,000,000+ of combos (depending on the game) down to something playable. If you think a few hundred combos is "economic suicide", then you'll just have to come up with something better, right? Geeez.

Every state's pick-5 game is not the same. Illinois splits the jackpot on the p5 game. My state lets up to 6 people win the top prize before it goes pari-mutual. I'm not worried about a guarantee of a "solo" prize. There are plenty of other differences in the games.

Now I see what other people mean about having to defend a post.
        We're not all in the same state.
        If my idea doesn't fit your situation ... don't use my idea.Crazy

Thinking of...

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: January 8, 2008, 1:03 am - IP Logged

I'd say to beat a game means someone has figured out how to play it and win consistently.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3114 Posts
            Posted: January 8, 2008, 1:56 am - IP Logged

System sellers bring to mind the people on ebay and google ad words selling systems simply to make money off people who want to win the lottery.  They never won, maybe never played, maybe didn't write the sytem and stole it off a site like this or bought it with resale rights.  Even those who wrote their system, clearly wouldn't need to sell it if they had used it to win. 

We do need to divide the system seller from the lottery information seller who does research, works out new ideas, brings newbies up to speed, writes what amounts to a book on how to best play lotto.  I've never minded paying for a leg up. 

With lotto there is no code to be cracked because there is no hidden message to be discovered.  The scientific method requires the same result every time the experiment is preformed.  As the lottery has a different correct answer for every draw the scientific method isn't going to work.  All lottery methods not mechanical must by their nature be strategies that succeed or fail based upon the events that take place in the hopper. 

BobP

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
              Member #13130
              March 30, 2005
              2171 Posts
              Posted: January 8, 2008, 3:21 am - IP Logged

Hello all!

Want to introduce myself.  I have studied the numbers for years now and am currently using my own "master blend system" in  pusuit of the NY Pick 5.

1) Has anyone on here ever won the jackpot?

2) How come none (or most) of the folks selling systems ever claim to having won?  

I know that I would never want to sell my system unless I first won the big one with it. 

1) Some people here have won p5 games.

2) Anyone smart enough to write winning lottery software, is also smart enough to not be bothered with public sales.
              Anyone willing to be bothered with public sales doesn't have to write winning lottery software, because they have plenty of people are buying their "product".

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
              Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Long Island, NY
                United States
                Member #57412
                January 3, 2008
                419 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2008, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Ok. So if I understand correctly. 

1) Most people selling "systems" have never won....probably never even played

You think Gail Howard has ever won? 

2) Those who may have some sort of software/system are probably doing so well that they don't need to be bothered with public sales. 

Gee Bob P.  I hope you are not right about your statement that "someone who gets three out of five is not close...or on the right track".  I mean just last night, I had three out of five in three separate games.  So I can attribute it to just luck?  I mean winning on a quick pick is luck..but when you win based on a tactical selection; that is all luck too?  Sadly, at the moment I guess I have to say your are right.  Even if I do win (5 of 5) I suppose folks will just attribute it to luck.....or the result of playing numerous tickets (which of course lower my odds)

FYI:  As many wheeling programs suggest, I have been parlaying my accumulative winnings over the last couple of weeks and played about 50 tickets to win the above.  Even if I lose it all with tonights pick, I'm still ahead and had fun doing it.

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                  Florida
                  United States
                  Member #46570
                  September 14, 2006
                  558 Posts
                  Posted: January 8, 2008, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

All number games are based on probablilty. Albert Einstein said there was no such thing as luck, only probabilities.

Think of the lottery games like heads and tails, sooner or later, your number 'should' come out. Using hot and cold is a way of playing heads and tails. I played the pick 5 game last night and won 2 tickets with 3 of 5 and 2 tickets for free plays using hot and cold. If lottery games claim to be random, then hot and cold picks are the way to go. You just gotta find the right balance of hot and cold #'s and how many draws to go back to.

Good Luck,

Omniscient

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                    Idaho
                    United States
                    Member #56506
                    November 21, 2007
                    6537 Posts
                    Posted: January 8, 2008, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

I know this ignorant question has been asked repeatedly here on LP, but I have not found a response where someone claimed to have won.

I can tell you that thus far (with my new system...over the last 6 weeks) I have won 2nd prize (4 out of 5 and came very close to getting all 5...only two numbers off) from the big one.  If I had selected the number 18 instead of 20..I would have had it.  Last night, I had 3 of 5 on two games. 

Wheeling bothers me in that it limits you to a small portion of numbers.  If they do not come out, your screwed.  So regarding wheeling, I instead pick separate sets (groups of numbers and do some wheeling) as part of my plan.  I try to deal with the randomness of the way numbers come out. 

There have been winners that have posted on here. Just do a search. Here is a poster who won the Ohio pick 5 jackpot: http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/107103

Here is a poster who won $100,000 on Powerbal and Todd posted their ticket, but the ticket no longer shows up on the post. 

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/60483/73308 and http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/60487/73324

There are more who claim to have won, but they don't back up their claims with any proof.

Dump Water Florida
                      United States
                      Member #380
                      June 5, 2002
                      3114 Posts
                      Posted: January 8, 2008, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

If I found a method that consistently choose 4 numbers out of 15, I would discuss it here on LP and maybe somebody would offer a simple solution for finding that 5th number.

I would like to point out that my system doesn't limit the wheeled numbers to (15), but with sum range filtering it accomplishes lowering the amount of wagered tickets to an affordable amount, positions the wagered numbers in a more favorable sum range for a potential win, and covers most of the entire set of numbers in the matrix.

The disturbing fact is, with all the comments regarding the lack of any viable system for pick 5 lotto here at LP, there isn't one comment or question regarding my system which I have taken the time presenting in detail for the benefit of all members up to and including the chief bottle washer.

Maybe thats the exact reason others with viable ideas haven't got the guts to venture out and present anything worthwhile here on LP!

LottoVantage said in a different thread:

"

The way I prefer arriving at a set of numbers to wheel is to track my sum range chart and see where the winning number sums are congregating.

Then, the second part is in deciding which numbers I need for use in the wheel. There are all kinds of tricky formulas around to try, but formulas are always in constant change. How can you successfully manage that constant change?

The way I manage the change is to maintain an accurate up to date statistical flow chart. This chart indicates what numbers are hitting, what their status is at the time of the draw, and where they are located within a structured enviornment.

Once I created the proper charts, I began seeing that certain groups of numbers behaved in a peculiarly significant pattern. Two groups of numbers were created by dividing the statistical flow chart into an Upper Tier Group, and a Lower Tier Group of numbers.

Many times 4 or 5 numbers would appear in one particular group of numbers, and the very next drawing 4 or 5 numbers would appear in the other/opposite group of numbers. This peculiar pattern has been observed to occur for up to four or five continuous drawings in a row. There is one problem here. At certain times 4 or 5 numbers, (not necessarily the exact same numbers), appear again from within the same group of numbers as the previous drawing.

Now, this observation clicks a switch, doesn't it? If there is a particular pattern that commenly occurs involving a majority of numbers appearing in a certain group of numbers, and the observation has proved to re-occur repeatedly time after time where 4 or 5 numbers is going to re- appear the very next drawing in one group of numbers or the other, what would you do?

Exactly! You would wheel all of the numbers from each group of numbers and play them, wouldn't you?

Ooooooooh, wait! Ooooooooh, that's waaaaaaaay too many number strings to wager!!!

How can I possibly reduce all those strings down to an affordable amount to wager?

Question answered!!! This is what can be done to cover all the numbers from both groups, (Upper Tier, and Lower Tier).

Observe the Average Sum Chart! View where the last two or three total sums appeared at. If there is a Sum Cluster, or a Sum Cluster Alert nearby, these target sum range's may be considered.

Using 4if5 of 19, and 4if5 of 20 wheels to cover all the numbers, (in example, the OH Rolling Cash 5 of 39), and filtering the totals from each wheel using "average sum reductions."

For instance, using a 4if5 of 19 wheel, reduce the total 345 tic's by utilizing Sum Filtering. Reduce the range of 55 to 154 down to, say, 95 to 105. The median range for a 5/39 Lotto is 100. The reduction can be whatever appeals to you. I like viewing the Average Sum Graph and developing a "gut" feeling for what may happen next, for instance, utilizing the sum ranges outlined in the Sum Cluster, or Sum Cluster Alert boxes.

Once this technique is developed, you will be surprised at what is possible. This application can be practiced until a comfort level is achieved and you can become accomplished!

This is the way I do it...

,-._,-.
                                    \/)"(\/
                                    (_o_)
                      LottoVantage"

Now I'm confused because I'm not sure whether your above post from the rather obscure Pick-5 group's I'm In Love thread is the discription of the system you speak of, or whether a more detailed discription with flow chart appeared under it's own unique post heading such as for example Free Lotto System. 

Yes it clicked, because I too found groups that often contain 4, 5 or all 6 of the winning numbers. 

In 6/49

01-36
                      07-42
                      14-49

Not only does one of these three groups often contain all the winning numbers, but because of the overlap two of the groups will often have 5 of 6 and a third group 4 of the winning numbers.   

Certainly as you say these groups would connect to specific sum ranges as well.

BobP

Dump Water Florida
                        United States
                        Member #380
                        June 5, 2002
                        3114 Posts
                        Posted: January 8, 2008, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Ok. So if I understand correctly. 

1) Most people selling "systems" have never won....probably never even played

You think Gail Howard has ever won? 

2) Those who may have some sort of software/system are probably doing so well that they don't need to be bothered with public sales. 

Gee Bob P.  I hope you are not right about your statement that "someone who gets three out of five is not close...or on the right track".  I mean just last night, I had three out of five in three separate games.  So I can attribute it to just luck?  I mean winning on a quick pick is luck..but when you win based on a tactical selection; that is all luck too?  Sadly, at the moment I guess I have to say your are right.  Even if I do win (5 of 5) I suppose folks will just attribute it to luck.....or the result of playing numerous tickets (which of course lower my odds)

FYI:  As many wheeling programs suggest, I have been parlaying my accumulative winnings over the last couple of weeks and played about 50 tickets to win the above.  Even if I lose it all with tonights pick, I'm still ahead and had fun doing it.

The guy who said getting 3 of 5 isn't close wasn't me.  I was the guy who replied getting 4of5 means your odds dropped to 1 in 36 of getting all 5 correct because there are only 36 numbers from 5/40 remaining for the fifth position.

What really counts is how many of the winning numbers were among those you played.  If you had 3 of the winning numbers and won a 3# prize that's just a lucky break and nothing to get excited about.  If on the other hand you are playing a reduced field and getting all 5 winning numbers say among 15 or 20 and your wheel gave you what you paid for such as a 3# win guarantee that does show you're on the right track if you can keep it up.

Gail Howard to my knowledge never won a lottery jackpot for herself, but her players have credited her with wins.  Stever Player won a share of a small N.Y. lottery jackpot with other players in a group over twenty years ago.

Many people are driven to  play and write lottery software / systems because they need the money.  If the system / software sells well enough they no longer feel the need to play except to keep their hand in, the intense urge to conduct research to win dries up.

What happens with many of us, is we track several methods and sometimes find we won on paper (what Ken Silver - Honest Lotto System claims).   It's happened to me, but I'm not going to brag about it. Wait, let me take that back,  who am I kidding, I love to brag, I have won on paper, it is the most frustrating exasperating makes you crazy thing that happens with lotto short of winning a jackpot.

BobP

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19903 Posts
                          Posted: January 8, 2008, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

If I found a method that consistently choose 4 numbers out of 15, I would discuss it here on LP and maybe somebody would offer a simple solution for finding that 5th number.

I would like to point out that my system doesn't limit the wheeled numbers to (15), but with sum range filtering it accomplishes lowering the amount of wagered tickets to an affordable amount, positions the wagered numbers in a more favorable sum range for a potential win, and covers most of the entire set of numbers in the matrix.

The disturbing fact is, with all the comments regarding the lack of any viable system for pick 5 lotto here at LP, there isn't one comment or question regarding my system which I have taken the time presenting in detail for the benefit of all members up to and including the chief bottle washer.

Maybe thats the exact reason others with viable ideas haven't got the guts to venture out and present anything worthwhile here on LP!

"there isn't one comment or question regarding my system"

Members may not ask questions about your system now but they probably do watch your prediction statistics to see how well you're doing using it.  Just keep making predictions and once you hit a few more winners, they will.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19903 Posts
                            Posted: January 8, 2008, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

time*treat

"If anyone ever came up with a system that breat a game, the game would simply no longer be offered to play." 

You assume beating the system is winning every time but even winning every time is unlikely to destroy a state lottery game because only 50% of its sales are used to pay the winners.  Beating the game to me is winning more than you spend on tickets and every time someone wins or share a jackpot, even once in a life time, they had done that and the game continue to exits.

Ohio Rolling Cash5 seldom roll more than a couple of times and it's played 7 days a week and has a minimum jackpot of $100K so if someone had a system that won say once a month, they could probably go unnoticed by the general public for quite a while.  I doubt if the lottery would mention their wins unless they thought it would increase sales.  I doubt after winning a couple of times any player with such a system first thoughts would be to sell it.

Most states are aware their games can be beaten and they expect it.  They set the prize amount low enough that it's economical to try.  Most players will have to settle for buying a few tickets and hoping to get lucky.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
                              West Side of Sunny Florida
                              United States
                              Member #55048
                              September 8, 2007
                              3371 Posts
                              Posted: January 8, 2008, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

The guy who said getting 3 of 5 isn't close wasn't me.  I was the guy who replied getting 4of5 means your odds dropped to 1 in 36 of getting all 5 correct because there are only 36 numbers from 5/40 remaining for the fifth position.

What really counts is how many of the winning numbers were among those you played.  If you had 3 of the winning numbers and won a 3# prize that's just a lucky break and nothing to get excited about.  If on the other hand you are playing a reduced field and getting all 5 winning numbers say among 15 or 20 and your wheel gave you what you paid for such as a 3# win guarantee that does show you're on the right track if you can keep it up.

Gail Howard to my knowledge never won a lottery jackpot for herself, but her players have credited her with wins.  Stever Player won a share of a small N.Y. lottery jackpot with other players in a group over twenty years ago.

Many people are driven to  play and write lottery software / systems because they need the money.  If the system / software sells well enough they no longer feel the need to play except to keep their hand in, the intense urge to conduct research to win dries up.

What happens with many of us, is we track several methods and sometimes find we won on paper (what Ken Silver - Honest Lotto System claims).   It's happened to me, but I'm not going to brag about it. Wait, let me take that back,  who am I kidding, I love to brag, I have won on paper, it is the most frustrating exasperating makes you crazy thing that happens with lotto short of winning a jackpot.

BobP

"I have won on paper, it is the most frustrating exasperating makes you crazy thing that happens with lotto short of winning a jackpot."

Ahh but what is worse, winning on paper or playing and missing by just one number?  I often just miss on the 3 way #"s by one, such as todays midday in NY 892 hits, I had 819 & 889!!! And on Mega Mill I have hit 2 numbers and missed by 1# on the other 3 pic's!!! 

Money won is twice as good as money earned!