Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

As a lotto player, can you ignore numbers?

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10392 Posts
Posted: January 10, 2008, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Since we're all players here and are aware of numbers, can you ignore numbers?

I mean like numbers you see repeated as the day goes on, that kind of thing.

When you see or hear a number do you think that might be a good Pick 3 or Pick 4, or you'll use it in the next jackpot game drawing?

And are lottery players more aware of numbers?

What do you say? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

xmasbaby's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
    Los Angeles
    United States
    Member #57567
    January 10, 2008
    14 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2008, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

Every set of numbers I see makes me more aware.  They all have some sort of  significance to them.  Thinking of....  I love seeing different combinations. 

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
      mississippi
      United States
      Member #34478
      March 3, 2006
      5906 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2008, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

I never ASSOCIATE outside numbers with the lottery..ie..telphone numbers..car tags..birthdays...I strictly use the numbers in the state that I am working...

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2008, 2:35 am - IP Logged

I can rule out about 15 numbers in every PB drawing, and that list of 15 changes with every drawing, and it's pretty accurate - once every five or six drawings one of the fifteen numbers might hit, but more often than not, none of them hit.

Problem is, that still leaves 40 to choose from... 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
          Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2008, 3:10 am - IP Logged

I honestly don't let them have a major effect on my life.  If anyone here has named his/her dog QuickPick or his/her child Little Lotto, then I think that would indicate a problem.

Honey, I just lost 5 pounds and I now weigh 123.

OMG!  I have to run out to the store and play 1235.  Is there still time?

Dad, I got a 720 on my English SAT and 684 on my math SAT. 

That's great son. Can we talk about it when I get back? I need to play a couple of lottery tickets.

or even worse...

Doctor:  Mr. Jones, I have bad news.  I'll come right out and tell you.  You have 6 months to live.

6 months? Feb/29 + Mar/31 + Apr/30 + May/31 + June/30 + July 31.  Excuse me, Doc.  Hold that thought.  I need to run out and play 182.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10392 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2008, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

"Doctor:  Mr. Jones, I have bad news.  I'll come right out and tell you.  You have 6 months to live."

Mr. Jones: 'Now I see what those cash option people are talking about!"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.