Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you still play the lottery

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

If you knew the pretest results

yes [ 15 ]  [100.00%]
no [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 15 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8790 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2008, 1:01 am - IP Logged

I know the pick 3 and 4 have pretest results. Probably the other games also.

You like to play certain numbers in the lottery. Now if you knew in the pretest that your numbers keep coming up in the pretest would you continue playing?
Take pick 3 for example and they have 4 pretest before each draw. Adding those draws up and the actual draw is like having 5 years worth of draws in one year.

A lot of stats hunters base their plays they want on the actual draws not knowing what was drawn in pretest.

How many triples could have been drawn in those 4 pretest draws over a years time or any favored numbers that are played by many people.

WHATT

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2008, 1:53 am - IP Logged

I voted "yes" but this is a tough call.  I would think seeing the results would definitely help, at least if you are using a system for pick-3 or pick-4.  On the other hand, since I play jackpot games, I would feel positively ill if my 6 numbers were drawn and I didn't win anything after all these years.  So I don't want to know.  I mean, I already know I'm a fool but then I'd have a confirmation. Still, the good thing would be I'd stop wasting my money!

I can't say for other states, but AFAIK no combination in the Lotto has repeated in 20 years.  So the way I see it, if could look back at the history of the pre-draws and see that my weekly combinations have already been drawn, it would be like telling me to give up for the next 20 years.

takeitez's avatar - japheth
      Carters Lake, Ga.
      United States
      Member #5313
      June 29, 2004
      1065 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2008, 9:42 am - IP Logged

I would like to know all the draws.

Another reason why I combine midday and evening draws. It is all just one long game.

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: January 13, 2008, 11:29 am - IP Logged

I would still play the lottery whether I saw the pretest results or not.  I don't see them anyways, so it doesn't effect how I play.