Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 4:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Your POV on Wheeling

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by DownandDirty.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Long Island, NY
United States
Member #57412
January 3, 2008
419 Posts
Posted: January 13, 2008, 6:17 pm - IP Logged

I really enjoy reading about the various approaches folks take on number selection.  I've toiled for years trying various self devised things.  I guess, ultimately unless you have success,  your approach will always be in question;  even with the addition luck plays in the evaluation equation.  Seems those who wheel seem to have the greatest degree of success..especially with the pick 3/4 games.

IMHO...(and perhaps ignorance) I think wheeling limits you and gives you nothing to cover the all too frequent unexpected draws that come out, not adhearing to any type of measurable pattern anyone has been able to devise.  Especially when someone makes 100% of plays from the wheel.  I estimate I use about 25% of my playing expenditure on wheel selections...and the rest on trying other things to limit the amount of plays needed.

Whats your POV?  Maybe I'm making a big mistake and should devote a greater degree on wheel selections...picking one or two key numbers.... etc....... 

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3112 Posts
    Posted: January 13, 2008, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

I really enjoy reading about the various approaches folks take on number selection.  I've toiled for years trying various self devised things.  I guess, ultimately unless you have success,  your approach will always be in question;  even with the addition luck plays in the evaluation equation.  Seems those who wheel seem to have the greatest degree of success..especially with the pick 3/4 games.

IMHO...(and perhaps ignorance) I think wheeling limits you and gives you nothing to cover the all too frequent unexpected draws that come out, not adhearing to any type of measurable pattern anyone has been able to devise.  Especially when someone makes 100% of plays from the wheel.  I estimate I use about 25% of my playing expenditure on wheel selections...and the rest on trying other things to limit the amount of plays needed.

Whats your POV?  Maybe I'm making a big mistake and should devote a greater degree on wheel selections...picking one or two key numbers.... etc....... 

Wheeling is what it is, provided you understand what you are getting for your investment.  Often you are wheeling whether you intended to or not. 

When playing Pick-3 and you can't decide among 4 numbers, then you should be wheeling them.  On the other hand, if you are matching up hot pairs, wheeling is not the way to go.  Though if you take the effort to match up every possible pairing, that's a wheel too.

In Pick-6 there is a wheel for 12 numbers in 22 combinations that provides an 88% chance of a 5# winning ticket when all 6 winning numbers are among your 12 chosen numbers.  If you fail to win the 5# prize you are 100% guaranteed to win 9 - 4# prizes and a bunch of 3# prizes.  There is no possible way you can get this result by making up any 22 lines out of 12 numbers no matter how many times you try.   (You can guarantee the 5# prize with a 42 line wheel using 12 numbers or you can guarantee a single 4# prize with only 6 lines using 12 numbers. )

What to forego wheeling and just buy two lines?  That's automatically a 3if5 wheel for Pick-5 or 6. 

Of course wheels work best with a prediction method that works.

BobP

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1044 Posts
      Posted: January 14, 2008, 11:50 am - IP Logged

What is POV?

Long Island, NY
        United States
        Member #57412
        January 3, 2008
        419 Posts
        Posted: January 14, 2008, 11:55 am - IP Logged

POV= Point of view (your opinion on a subject)

IMHO=(in my humble opinion)