Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:14 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How long do you play the same numbers?

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Kunmingchina.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10390 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2008, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Bagent's reply in the playing the same numbers thread brought this to mind.

Do you "ride it out"? 

Do you ever switch?

Do you have a time limit or number of draws before you do?

Are we all "born with" a set of numbers and c'est la vie? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
    Idaho
    United States
    Member #56506
    November 21, 2007
    6537 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2008, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't play pick 3 much, but when I do. I like to play the same numbers for about 2-3 days to a week. With jackpot games, I tend to switch the numbers every draw.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Wheeler's avatar - Lottery-023.jpg
      Pittsburg, Ks
      United States
      Member #3382
      January 17, 2004
      83086 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2008, 7:20 pm - IP Logged

I played the same numbers for about a week. I played my birthday 412 I played in the 6-way combo All I did that week was probably put a new wing on Kansas school.

But I do remember a woman who played a jackpot game using the same numbers. After 14 years she won

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
        Member #50124
        February 26, 2007
        601 Posts
        Posted: January 16, 2008, 7:41 pm - IP Logged

I played the same numbers for about a week. I played my birthday 412 I played in the 6-way combo All I did that week was probably put a new wing on Kansas school.

But I do remember a woman who played a jackpot game using the same numbers. After 14 years she won

That's what I like to hear!! This is my 14th year playing the same numbers, hope it works that way for me too!

Kentucky
          United States
          Member #32652
          February 14, 2006
          7343 Posts
          Posted: January 16, 2008, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Do you "ride it out"? 

Do you ever switch?

I played a number straight for 20 months and won $1583 when it was finally drawn but probably ended up losing money. January 7, 1984 was the last time 023 was drawn straight in Ohio so if somebody believes 'in time' their number will be drawn, it could be a very long time.

Thoth's avatar - binary
            Findlay, Ohio
            United States
            Member #4855
            May 28, 2004
            400 Posts
            Posted: January 16, 2008, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

I played a number straight for 20 months and won $1583 when it was finally drawn but probably ended up losing money. January 7, 1984 was the last time 023 was drawn straight in Ohio so if somebody believes 'in time' their number will be drawn, it could be a very long time.

LOL 023 - - - That was 10,203 games ago! How long do you play a number?? I've been playing that number almost every day (BOTH MIDDAY AND EVENING) for at least three or four years....without a win.  I keep all my losing tickets to keep a total of what I spend on it. I havent checked in a while, but its around $3000 now.  If it don't hit this year, then I'm done with it - but I have a real good feeling it's going hit soon. 

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

China
              Member #57691
              January 15, 2008
              13 Posts
              Posted: January 17, 2008, 4:42 am - IP Logged

Do you "ride it out"? 

Do you ever switch?

I think having pet numbers is a bad thing when it comes to playing numbers. Having a pet is very expensive and because you love it you spend whatever you have to take care of it. I think two weeks should be the max to play a pet number. If you dream a number they say 3 to 7 days. If you are a serious numbers player then you have to change the numbers according to the information you gather from charting. For example when I was living in NY. The triples would come out after about 100 days so with this info you would not play until after 100 days but nothing is exact. It has come many times before but the average is after 100 draws. You can go broke chasing a pet number.