Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 1:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Number Programming

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 9 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
bootleg233's avatar - Lottery-034.jpg
Tn
United States
Member #54963
September 4, 2007
1166 Posts
Posted: January 20, 2008, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Ok all you programmers out there I have a question what is the easiest programming that is used for lottery numbers? Or exactly I want to program a system that can pick lottery numbers from a range of say 1-35, or 1-39, or 1-49 etc. Then break that down into sections of say 1-13, or 25-35 etc. Then be able to tell it how many I want from each section as I want 1 from 1-13, then I want 2 from 25-35 and so forth. Then yes I know not asking for much huh lol, I would like to be able to tell it to pick like odd or even or both odd or both even stuff like that or maybe ya'll know of a program that can do that for free? But I was interested in doing some of my own programming (which I have never done) and just needed to know what computer language would be the best or easier one to study up on? Well any replys are welcome and thanks in advance.........HAPPY PROGRAMMING Hiding Behind Computer

WHEN IT FEELS THE WHOLE WORLD SUCKS!

RELAX.........IT'S ONLY GRAVITY Big Smile

I think I can I think I can!!!!

sfilippo's avatar - skull
    Oklahoma
    United States
    Member #33770
    February 24, 2006
    3146 Posts
    Posted: January 20, 2008, 9:29 am - IP Logged

I use Liberty BASIC <search term< and Just BASIC which is the free and simplified version.

Smiley Steve

NASHVILLE, TENN
      United States
      Member #33372
      February 20, 2006
      1044 Posts
      Posted: January 20, 2008, 2:43 pm - IP Logged

Ok all you programmers out there I have a question what is the easiest programming that is used for lottery numbers? Or exactly I want to program a system that can pick lottery numbers from a range of say 1-35, or 1-39, or 1-49 etc. Then break that down into sections of say 1-13, or 25-35 etc. Then be able to tell it how many I want from each section as I want 1 from 1-13, then I want 2 from 25-35 and so forth. Then yes I know not asking for much huh lol, I would like to be able to tell it to pick like odd or even or both odd or both even stuff like that or maybe ya'll know of a program that can do that for free? But I was interested in doing some of my own programming (which I have never done) and just needed to know what computer language would be the best or easier one to study up on? Well any replys are welcome and thanks in advance.........HAPPY PROGRAMMING Hiding Behind Computer

Do you have a copy of Excel?  If so, then VBA might be your best choice for a programming language.

If not, then learn BASIC.  Liberty basic would be a good choice.

newguy07's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
        queens
        United States
        Member #57064
        December 15, 2007
        244 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2008, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I use Liberty BASIC <search term< and Just BASIC which is the free and simplified version.

hi ,  sfilippo , i working on the samething as well so do you think that visual basic is a good place to start and also can tell me where i can find some simple programing that can help me start , i'm working on  pick 3 , any help will be gladly appreciated ,  thx

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19893 Posts
          Posted: January 21, 2008, 1:51 pm - IP Logged

I've done something similar using GWBasic which is an old DOS language that runs in the command window of Windows or using the command prompt.  I assign letters to the combinations and letters to the combination definitions and compare these strings to eliminate the ones that are not within the acceptable parameters.  With knowledge of how to create a string from  the combination, you can make a string of E's and O's for the even/odd evaluation also.

If you understand the language you're using then you have many options.  I've tried doing the same thing with other Basic but I haven't learned them as well as I understand GWBasic so I usually just stay with the language I know best.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

queens
            United States
            Member #57064
            December 15, 2007
            244 Posts
            Posted: January 21, 2008, 7:13 pm - IP Logged

i am trying to do the samething , so can anyone point me to the right direction thx pls   

user044's avatar - Lottery-016.jpg
              Upstate New York
              United States
              Member #48358
              December 23, 2006
              152 Posts
              Posted: January 21, 2008, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

Liberty Basic has a trial version available I think?  Also Microsoft Gives away an express edition of their Visual Basic to help you start learning

Here:  http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/Default.aspx

Just do a Google for tutorials on whichever language you decide  like

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Visual+Basic+Express+Edition+Tutorials&btnG=Search

and the world of programming is yours.  Probably going to need a High Speed connection to download either or use a download manager.

Ambition is a poor excuse for not having sense enough to be lazy.

Dead_Aim's avatar - canstock2002989

United States
                Member #6363
                August 20, 2004
                4148 Posts
                Posted: January 21, 2008, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

Liberty Basic has a trial version available I think?  Also Microsoft Gives away an express edition of their Visual Basic to help you start learning

Here:  http://www.microsoft.com/express/vb/Default.aspx

Just do a Google for tutorials on whichever language you decide  like

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=Visual+Basic+Express+Edition+Tutorials&btnG=Search

and the world of programming is yours.  Probably going to need a High Speed connection to download either or use a download manager.

Thank you for the link user044. Very helpful.

Don't Chase... Compare and Narrow

The Cheaper the Cost the Higher the Profit

Many Winners to You.

D_A

queens
                  United States
                  Member #57064
                  December 15, 2007
                  244 Posts
                  Posted: January 21, 2008, 9:10 pm - IP Logged

jst a question ,  is visual basic  and visual c++ is the same ?

Upstate New York
                    United States
                    Member #48358
                    December 23, 2006
                    152 Posts
                    Posted: January 21, 2008, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

jst a question ,  is visual basic  and visual c++ is the same ?

No their two entirely differently programming languages.  Visual Basic is the simpler of the two and in my opinion C++ the most powerful. But Visual Basic can be used to build just about any application you can think of.  If your new at the programming concept Visual Basic is a good place to get started.  Just grab one of the two and stick with it - till you get the jest of it  and then go from there.  I tried to learn both at once and wound up totally confused and finally gave up.  Visual Basic or for that matter any Basic language is all you need and is really a good place to decide if programmings for you.

queens
                      United States
                      Member #57064
                      December 15, 2007
                      244 Posts
                      Posted: January 21, 2008, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

i studied C++ in college while back and i remember that we use visual basic to compile our project   

Upstate New York
                        United States
                        Member #48358
                        December 23, 2006
                        152 Posts
                        Posted: January 21, 2008, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Dunno if they can use the same compiler but the syntax (language) is different and as I said my opinion is Basic the simpler of the two.  Perhaps if  C++ is where you started might  be thats where you should stay. There is also a Visual C++ Express edition available - another freebie and it should be linked from the original page I gave you for Visual Basic. 

Visual C++ Express Edition Here:  http://www.microsoft.com/express/vc/Default.aspx

Regards

Upstate New York
                          United States
                          Member #48358
                          December 23, 2006
                          152 Posts
                          Posted: January 21, 2008, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Your Very Welcome Dead Aim.  Anything I can do to help.

Thumbs Up

queens
                            United States
                            Member #57064
                            December 15, 2007
                            244 Posts
                            Posted: January 24, 2008, 3:26 pm - IP Logged

can anyone can show me a sample of coding that will group let's say 5 numbers  combination together , ( c++ , visual basic , visual c++ etc ) thx , i'll be waiting for any replies thx once again . 

NASHVILLE, TENN
                              United States
                              Member #33372
                              February 20, 2006
                              1044 Posts
                              Posted: January 25, 2008, 1:52 pm - IP Logged

can anyone can show me a sample of coding that will group let's say 5 numbers  combination together , ( c++ , visual basic , visual c++ etc ) thx , i'll be waiting for any replies thx once again . 

First, I would need to know what common parameters ( or traits )you want these five numbers to possess.

Second, do you have a copy of Excel?

If you go to my blog and read "VBA Lesson 1" I show you how to write a simple, straightforward, VBA Excel program to generate every possible number set possible in a 5/39 game.  I say simple because I am very simple minded (and my wife will agree).

Soon we will be parsing all these number sets to record only those that fit a certain pattern, like binary.

Good luck.