Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

expectations?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Omniscient.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
chefgaryl's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
bristol pa
United States
Member #34145
February 28, 2006
367 Posts
Posted: January 23, 2008, 1:00 am - IP Logged

A true gambler i think through out the year keeps track of his wins and loses .How much do you think you will  win or lose this year .........

chefgaryl's avatar - Lottery-063.jpg
    bristol pa
    United States
    Member #34145
    February 28, 2006
    367 Posts
    Posted: January 23, 2008, 1:01 am - IP Logged

on the lottery that is

benmas's avatar - waveform
      Rhode Island
      United States
      Member #56010
      October 28, 2007
      434 Posts
      Posted: January 23, 2008, 2:46 am - IP Logged

Realistically I excpect to NET win in the thousands...(guess ~$5,000) ..probably along the way there will be good wins and some bad losses but thats the way it goes...I don't think it is likely i will win a jackpot..i'll stick will pick 3 or pick 4 and take occassional shots at PB and MM when they get high enough ...

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
        Wandering Aimlessly
        United States
        Member #25360
        November 5, 2005
        4461 Posts
        Posted: January 23, 2008, 2:47 am - IP Logged

This is similar to "how much to you bet?" so I'll just answer I spend between $10 and $20 a week. If I didn't expect to win more than I lose, I wouldn't play. I hope to win a jackpot, but I don't expect to or I'd be a little disillusioned.  I expect to win  .........    I deleted what I wrote after that because I don't want to jinx anything!  lol  It's only January and I started out with a small winning streak, so I hope it continues.  Nothing last night or tonight.  I don't think the lottery is the same as gambling on sports or playing pool or a card game like poker where there's a lot of skill involved.  Also, emotion doesn't influence the results.  I mean, who ever heard of someone saying "You never know what he's thinking. He has a real lottery face." 

Wink

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10345 Posts
          Posted: January 23, 2008, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Lottery face!

Green laugh

A "true gambler" wouldn't have any expected win on lotto, a true gambler would regad it as pure luck that wins it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #56506
            November 21, 2007
            6537 Posts
            Posted: January 23, 2008, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

I have no idea how much I will win or lose this year. I will have to wait till the end of the year to find out. I do however hope to win more then I lose or spend.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

sirbrad's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
              PA
              United States
              Member #22983
              October 6, 2005
              2226 Posts
              Posted: January 23, 2008, 11:16 pm - IP Logged

Millions...to think less would only attract less...

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                Florida
                United States
                Member #46570
                September 14, 2006
                558 Posts
                Posted: January 24, 2008, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

I'd love to win a jackpot or even a few thousand this year, but to be realistic, I will most like lose more than I win in the end. It's the sad truth of the lottery curse. Although, on the bright side, I have been on a winning streak with finding patterns with my system for the pick 3 and 4 games. Been backtesting and good results so far. Now I need to play it for real and not on paper. X <--- fingers crossed for the year !

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!