Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Would you play the numbers?

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10345 Posts
Posted: January 29, 2008, 2:42 am - IP Logged

This is for anything from Pick 5, Pick 6 to PB and MM...

Let's say you track numbers and play a system of sorts...

Your system calls for a certain set of numbers, but when you plug those numbers into a lottery site for the game you plan on playing them for, and you see that set of numbers has hit once.

Since it's so rae for an entire set of numbers to repeat - if ever- would you still play them or "go back to the drawing board"? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: January 29, 2008, 3:44 am - IP Logged

It would depend on how far back the 'repeat' was. 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

Kentucky
      United States
      Member #32652
      February 14, 2006
      7297 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2008, 3:53 am - IP Logged

I have a program that checks how many times up to 16 numbers has hit in 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 times together. If one of the combinations created by a 16 number wheel has hit, I could put them into another order.

Since 5757 drawings only represents 1% of all the combinations, it's highly unlikely that any 5/39 pick-5s had a repeat.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
        CA
        United States
        Member #57222
        December 23, 2007
        587 Posts
        Posted: January 29, 2008, 9:52 am - IP Logged

Your system calls for a certain set of numbers, but when you plug those numbers into a lottery site for the game you plan on playing them for, and you see that set of numbers has hit once.

Since it's so rae for an entire set of numbers to repeat - if ever- would you still play them or "go back to the drawing board"? 

Hey Coin, 

I try not to be suspicious of the lottery  but I track my  Super Lotto closely.  I even do it for the Mega Millions even though I dont play it, my husband does.  ( he does random  and birthday stuff anyway)  but i thought this was  odd.  check it out it is from Mega Millions -Or am I just paranoid?

1/25/2008 12-22-05-38-56 mega 22
        1/22/2008 25-12-15-33-22 mega 15
        1/18/2008 12-43-22-44-33 mega 06
        1/15/2008 21-30-44-42-50 mega 42

This pattern made me a bit nevous  I noticed it immediately.

CA
          United States
          Member #57222
          December 23, 2007
          587 Posts
          Posted: January 29, 2008, 7:34 pm - IP Logged

I won't play the same pattern even though it follows my system.  When I was checking on the past winners to verify that my system is still somewhat accurate,   I noticed that  all 5  numbers have already come up on one of my lines-only the mega number was different.  You're right-chances are it won't come up again-at least not in my life time.So i skipped that particular set. But I do play alot of repeat 3s and 4s.  So far I have been hitting at least $10 every week-nothing larger so far.  I know its not much; but it makes me think that I am finally playing smarter than the guessing game. I used to play for months without winning anything.  When I first found this site, someone's tag line was "don't play more play smarter"  I found a way to do just that. 

Idea

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
            Member #28409
            December 15, 2005
            1198 Posts
            Posted: January 29, 2008, 8:08 pm - IP Logged

Hey Coin, 

I try not to be suspicious of the lottery  but I track my  Super Lotto closely.  I even do it for the Mega Millions even though I dont play it, my husband does.  ( he does random  and birthday stuff anyway)  but i thought this was  odd.  check it out it is from Mega Millions -Or am I just paranoid?

1/25/2008 12-22-05-38-56 mega 22
            1/22/2008 25-12-15-33-22 mega 15
            1/18/2008 12-43-22-44-33 mega 06
            1/15/2008 21-30-44-42-50 mega 42

This pattern made me a bit nevous  I noticed it immediately.

No you're not paranoid.  I've noticed that for some time now. 

And yes, I would definitley play the numbers even though they came out on another game.  Even if they have come out exactly like you played them before in the game you are playing now, your chances are good that they will get you some money.  No big wins, but something like 3+0 and down.  Thing is, if you feel strongly about those numbers, play them.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

CA
              United States
              Member #57222
              December 23, 2007
              587 Posts
              Posted: January 30, 2008, 11:21 am - IP Logged

No you're not paranoid.  I've noticed that for some time now. 

And yes, I would definitley play the numbers even though they came out on another game.  Even if they have come out exactly like you played them before in the game you are playing now, your chances are good that they will get you some money.  No big wins, but something like 3+0 and down.  Thing is, if you feel strongly about those numbers, play them.

Thanks Spy.  I will keep it in mind.  I'm up to 15 lines, which is $30 per week.  Its alot of money  I know, but  since I get  at least $10 of that back each time, I dont feel so bad. I know at least one of those lines will hit someday. 

Besides I dont smoke, drink, party or do drugs.  What else am I going to spend money on?  heehhahahhehhehehahah-LOL!

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                Member #28409
                December 15, 2005
                1198 Posts
                Posted: January 30, 2008, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Spy.  I will keep it in mind.  I'm up to 15 lines, which is $30 per week.  Its alot of money  I know, but  since I get  at least $10 of that back each time, I dont feel so bad. I know at least one of those lines will hit someday. 

Besides I dont smoke, drink, party or do drugs.  What else am I going to spend money on?  heehhahahhehhehehahah-LOL!

LOL  hey, me either!

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                  Harbinger
                  D.C./MD.
                  United States
                  Member #44103
                  July 30, 2006
                  5583 Posts
                  Posted: January 30, 2008, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

What is the pattern? Just curious cause I see the repeats, but are you saying there is an underlying pattern?  Here they are in order:

0 001121    21-30-42-44-50    06  01/15    T

011120     12-22-33-43-44    15  01/18    F

022100    12-15-22-25-33    02  01/22    T

111101    01-12-22-38-56    22  01/25    F

101120    08-23-39-40-42    24  01/29   

It looks like the pattern ended 01/29.

money up's avatar - chi
                    Butner, NC
                    United States
                    Member #56956
                    December 11, 2007
                    61 Posts
                    Posted: January 30, 2008, 7:07 pm - IP Logged

This is very intresting!!! what pattern do you see?  Are you speaking of the 12's 15's 44's 22's and 42's ?  I hope your husband has looked at this.   I will try this I will take the last 2 mega million hit  numbers and run a similar pattern with the numbers and let you know how it worked.  I am a pick 3 person but I'm like this maybe it is time for a change!!!!!!   I will let you know how it worked and I will tell you what I have played before I do it.  Thanks this is money up.  Keep ontouch with thoes swift eye's.

Money Up

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                      Wandering Aimlessly
                      United States
                      Member #25360
                      November 5, 2005
                      4461 Posts
                      Posted: January 30, 2008, 8:14 pm - IP Logged

As you know, I got 4/5 a couple of weeks ago, and I've continued to play my numbers.  I'm getting nothing - not even a free ticket, which I usually got once in a while.   

I doubt if I would ever play a 5 or 6 number combination that was picked.  However, if the lottery is truly random, then it shouldn't matter at all.  Still, I would start over with a different set of numbers.  I won't answer "system" because I don't think there is one. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2008, 2:49 am - IP Logged

What is the pattern? Just curious cause I see the repeats, but are you saying there is an underlying pattern?  Here they are in order:

0 001121    21-30-42-44-50    06  01/15    T

011120     12-22-33-43-44    15  01/18    F

022100    12-15-22-25-33    02  01/22    T

111101    01-12-22-38-56    22  01/25    F

101120    08-23-39-40-42    24  01/29   

It looks like the pattern ended 01/29.

That's a pattern, but not much of one.

On the flip-side, I've made choices based on a set of certain numbers that no way in hell would hit - and they have.

I don't mean a full set of 5 numbers, I mean just 2 of the 5 white balls in PB.

Back to the original question: I believe a set of numbers has repeated (not in-a-row) just once in Powerball.

BUT, if your calculations say it's 'due', I'd play it.

Reason being, you have developed your charts, they are telling you something, don't deviate from it, or you can just admit your theory is useless.

On the other hand, the chances of this hitting are incredibly long, I doubt I would play it, BUT, it's only $1.00.

If it hits and you didn't play it, you won't feel good.

If you play it and it doesn't hit, just stack it up with the rest of your losing tickets like the rest of us. 

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                          Member #13130
                          March 30, 2005
                          2171 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2008, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

"If you play it and it doesn't hit, just stack it up with the rest of your losing tickets like the rest of us. " Green laugh

In my state, the payout of a 4/5 match on our pick 5 pays enough to be worth it.
                          In IL, you need to either hit 5/5 or stay at home.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                            Wandering Aimlessly
                            United States
                            Member #25360
                            November 5, 2005
                            4461 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2008, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

The 4/5 in Fantasy 5 often pays over $100.  I only got $72.50 but even $10 is better than nothing.  It means you can buy more tickets without dipping into your "lottery budget" if you have one.