Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 10:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

State with Worst terminals

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
710 Posts
Posted: January 30, 2008, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

Everytime I have been in Wisconsin I notice that I never get a misprinted ticket. 

Yet, Michigan still uses dot-matrix printers and I have had several tickets (which I have refused of course) that have had so much ink missing that you cant even read the numbers or date and time.

This leads me to ask how bad are your states terminals?

Michigan terminals Jam and misprint frequently (at least around here) 

johnph77's avatar - avatar
    CA
    United States
    Member #2987
    December 10, 2003
    832 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2008, 1:23 am - IP Logged

Everytime I have been in Wisconsin I notice that I never get a misprinted ticket. 

Yet, Michigan still uses dot-matrix printers and I have had several tickets (which I have refused of course) that have had so much ink missing that you cant even read the numbers or date and time.

This leads me to ask how bad are your states terminals?

Michigan terminals Jam and misprint frequently (at least around here) 

If it's that bad (and I don't for one minute doubt your word) I'd be wondering who the terminal contractor is (Scientific Games, GTech or another firm), and be inquiring to the lottery commission about when that contract expires, informing them of your experiences and dissatisfaction.

gl

j

Blessed Saint Leibowitz, keep 'em dreamin' down there..... 

Next week's convention for Psychics and Prognosticators has been cancelled due to unforeseen circumstances.

=^.^=

United States
      Member #1826
      July 11, 2003
      2645 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2008, 2:02 am - IP Logged

If it's that bad (and I don't for one minute doubt your word) I'd be wondering who the terminal contractor is (Scientific Games, GTech or another firm), and be inquiring to the lottery commission about when that contract expires, informing them of your experiences and dissatisfaction.

gl

j

Both Wisconsin's and Michigan's terminals are made and serviced by GTech.

(insert signature here)

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10392 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2008, 9:21 am - IP Logged

I'm not so sure it's the state, maybe it just goes terminal by terminal.

I'm in Illinois and some tickets come out looking "hot off the press", and others....yesterday I got one for the state lotto and the second line of numbers was just about invisible.  

I bought it at a place that sells a lot of tickets, so maybe that has something to do with it, too.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2008, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

The ones in Idaho come out looking really good. Here is an example of a Wild Card 2 ticket from Idaho:   

Wild Card 2 Ticket

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."