Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Claiming as a trust or partnership

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2008, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Usually when people in Florida win a large Lotto jackpot, the names are listed along with their ages.  Even when the jackpot is claimed as a trust they've historically listed the individual names of the people in the trust.  So I found today's press release interesting.  (in blue below)  Of course it doesn't stop a curious reporter from showing up at your doorstep, but without using my full name and age, I would feel more comfortable.  I also wonder if the city can be where the trust was created, not necessarily the winner(s) residence(s).   Probably not, but it's just a thought.

The Florida Lottery announced today that FLORIDA LOTTO™ winner DiLucia Family Partnership, of Tampa, claimed the Jan. 23 guaranteed $18 million FLORIDA LOTTO jackpot.

The DiLucia Family Partnership chose the one-time, lump-sum payment for the winnings in the amount of $10,570,680. The winning Quick Pick FLORIDA LOTTO ticket was purchased at the Albertson's, located at 8701 W. Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa. The retailer received a bonus incentive of $30,000 for selling the jackpot-winning ticket.

The winning numbers were:

04 - 25 - 33 - 40 - 41 - 45

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10354 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2008, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

Good question, Justxploring!! I would think you'd have to be a resident of at least the cpunty you form the trust in, but then again, with multiple people they wouldn't all have to be, would they?

Wouldn't it be bdetter not to use a family name or name at all, something more like "Numbers Galore Trust" instead of DiLucia Family Partnership? 

Makes me wonder what would happen if a group of people formed a corporation in Nevada or Delaware and the "coprporation" hit a jackpot.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2008, 7:23 pm - IP Logged

Good question, Justxploring!! I would think you'd have to be a resident of at least the cpunty you form the trust in, but then again, with multiple people they wouldn't all have to be, would they?

Wouldn't it be bdetter not to use a family name or name at all, something more like "Numbers Galore Trust" instead of DiLucia Family Partnership? 

Makes me wonder what would happen if a group of people formed a corporation in Nevada or Delaware and the "coprporation" hit a jackpot.

Maybe that's why they didn't feel the need to list the people by name, but I agree that a name like "I.M. Rich and Sons" sounds better.  Smiley   

They've had family trusts before and always listed the first names.  Possibly there was someone with a different last name, however, like a married daughter or grandchild.  

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
        Member #50124
        February 26, 2007
        601 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2008, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

My trust will be named One Lucky SOB.   Cool

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3475 Posts
          Posted: February 1, 2008, 1:30 am - IP Logged

"Wouldn't it be bdetter not to use a family name or name at all, something more like "Numbers Galore Trust" instead of DiLucia Family Partnership? "

I guess it depends on what your family name is. If it isn't DiLucia, then DiLucia Family Partnership would be an excellent choice.

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: February 1, 2008, 4:13 am - IP Logged

"Wouldn't it be bdetter not to use a family name or name at all, something more like "Numbers Galore Trust" instead of DiLucia Family Partnership? "

I guess it depends on what your family name is. If it isn't DiLucia, then DiLucia Family Partnership would be an excellent choice.

Green laugh