Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How many draws do YOU go back ??

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 9 years ago by bigato1010.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #46570
September 14, 2006
558 Posts
Posted: February 4, 2008, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

This seems to be a question that gets many different answers.  Some say 10, 20,30,50,60, 90 ...etc. weather it's pick 3, 4, 5 or jackpot games. Anyone here have a sweet spot that seems to be reliable for a starting point when they work their systems,wheels, etc. ?

I find 30 and 60 to be best ....how about you ?

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Omniscient

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

Long Island, NY
    United States
    Member #57412
    January 3, 2008
    419 Posts
    Posted: February 4, 2008, 3:58 pm - IP Logged

It comes down to a point of whats time practical.  How much time do you have to analyze data? Let's go back a year if possible!

I usually look at the last 10 days. On a 39 number game, most of those numbers usually appear within a 12-15 day or less time frame.  My basic work-out is for ten days prior and I always look at what drew on the 11th and 12th days prior.  These tend to pop sometimes.  So, I've conidered extending my work-out to 12 days..but not yet.

But I look at the last 45-60 days or so to check for other number combo trends (other assorted bits of info) that have appeared as a refrence guide. 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: February 4, 2008, 4:07 pm - IP Logged

It depends on the method I am using, but usually I go back at least 8-10 drawings.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
        Member #13130
        March 30, 2005
        2171 Posts
        Posted: February 4, 2008, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I'm strictly pick-5 and higher. I like to have several hundred drawings to look back at and see if there are any long wave patterns. Any short wave patterns will show up, too.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
        Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
          N.C.
          United States
          Member #56005
          October 28, 2007
          834 Posts
          Posted: February 4, 2008, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Well, for me, it depends on what I am looking at.

I personally review the last 5-10 draws when determining a lottery bios the hot/cold, high/low, odd/even...etc... you get the picture. any further than that, I have found is a waste of my time.

now, if I'm looking for a skip and hit pattern I will usually follow it back 50 draws or so. same if I'm looking for a number to repeat. or expecting a backlash trend of some sort to appear.

10 game group count I will go back at least to the last break, and more often than not the last couple, sometimes even back the entire history.

The sweet spot your refering to.....is....

untill you see something that your willing to lay your money down on that will help you take advantage of the lottery's temporary trends in order for you to reduce the astronomical odds against you.

I am not sure there is an exact number range when reviewing anything...you have to rememeber, the lottery is so diverse that what works with one draw almost certainly will not work entirely for the next.

seek and you shall find

good luck.

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8363 Posts
            Posted: February 4, 2008, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Pick 3 and 4 i go back as far as the longest number out by position for tracking purposes.

For all jackpot games i use the longest out or coldest numbers combined with lukewarm and hot numbers.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
              justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: February 4, 2008, 5:23 pm - IP Logged

I'm strictly pick-5 and higher. I like to have several hundred drawings to look back at and see if there are any long wave patterns. Any short wave patterns will show up, too.

I Agree!  Yes, I believe you need a year (or even 2) of history.

But I had to stop using systems or patterns when I cut back on spending.  I find it nearly impossible to play a dollar or two and follow any type of system or pattern. When I have, I've been 1 or 2 numbers away and it's too frustrating, even though I win something.  I'll just keep my fingers crossed and pray that the lottery fairy will sprinkle some of her dust on me.

Kola's avatar - image
                Blundering Time Traveler

United States
                Member #28945
                December 25, 2005
                1528 Posts
                Posted: February 4, 2008, 8:07 pm - IP Logged

There are two systems I use for the Pick 3. With the one I use more often, I only go back to the last draw and the number of days that have passed for the year.  I plug the info into some simple charts, do some arithmetic and play a small pool of numbers for hopefully more immediate wins. The second system doesn't require any writing or math. To me, the Pick 3 numbers cycle in about every nine days, loop around, and begin again. So I watch the wave of numbers, play the few numbers that I think are bound to cycle in and hold them from 1 to 4 days. I've been recently experimenting with the bigger games. I think I can apply some of the same techniques. We'll see...

Legend says that The Craggy One was once asked about the Lottery Circle and the aged Lottery LoreKeeper whispered in his gravelly eloquence,"It is known among our kind that 2 successive draws are in reality the 2 center-points of 2 intersecting circles that share a common radius - a Root Center. This Vesica Piscis is the creative womb for all numbers, the Still Point from which two draws will unite & a new one is born. This "perfect" space is a wormhole through Time(Change). Master its proportions & your numerical predictions will not falter". 

benmas's avatar - waveform
                  Rhode Island
                  United States
                  Member #56010
                  October 28, 2007
                  434 Posts
                  Posted: February 4, 2008, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

for individual numbers (hot, cold) i go back 6...for other patterns i go back more but i have noticed that ~40 is about the top limit for any pattern to repeat...of course there are exeptions but very few...The more you go back the more data and more difficult it gets to analyze it...i try to keep it relatively simple...

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19830 Posts
                    Posted: February 4, 2008, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Like time*treat, I play pick5 and higher and I use everything I have.  With these games there are a lot more possible combinations and combinations of five or more seldom repeat if ever.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

N.C.
                      United States
                      Member #56005
                      October 28, 2007
                      834 Posts
                      Posted: February 4, 2008, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

30 in the powerball's (last draw) was an exeption to your rule.

if you look at the number just as a redball. it hit, skipped 52 games hit again, skipped 54 games, hit again. I had that number on my tickets. it was a longshot but sometimes they come in.

but, I see what your saying...

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                        Gurnee, Illinois
                        United States
                        Member #49731
                        February 12, 2007
                        917 Posts
                        Posted: February 5, 2008, 6:31 am - IP Logged

Although a pattern may result going forward, I believe it is virtually impossible to "determine" a pattern going forward and correctly pick the numbers that would fall into place.  I am not saying that one cannot win by analyzing the numbers because I know some people have done so.  But I do say the extremely low odds of winning are not improved by analyzing the numbers.  One could just as likely win by picking just some random numbers, playing "special" numbers, or buying a quick pick as they would by painstakingly analyzing the numbers.  If one has no other hobbies but to analyze numbers, then I guess it isn't such a waste of time.  But if one has a life outside of hoping to win the lottery, I would say that analyzing the numbers, even just going 3-5 draws back is indeed a huge waste of time.  Not passing judgement; just telling it like it is as I used to try to analyze the numbers and even though I was on the money with the pattern, in the end I did not play the correct numbers.  So it was all for naught!  Now I buy quick picks and when the vibe of certain numbers hit me, I also play them.  Boy, it has done wonders for my sanity!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Omniscient's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg
                          Florida
                          United States
                          Member #46570
                          September 14, 2006
                          558 Posts
                          Posted: February 5, 2008, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Interesting ... I guess everyone has their own style of how far they go back for their picks. I find that going back 30 or 60 draws for the pick 3 and 4 games works good. And for the pick 5, 15 draws back has gotten me more free tickets and 3 of 5 cash prizes than any other amount of draws I go back.

Summary ... 30/60 draws for pick 3 &4

15 Draws for Pick 5 ... as far as pick 6 JP games.. well .. thats up in the air ... havent done any testing on that ..yet.

See full size image                                               

Don't Play more, Play Smarter!

N.C.
                            United States
                            Member #56005
                            October 28, 2007
                            834 Posts
                            Posted: February 5, 2008, 6:10 pm - IP Logged

I would have to totally disagree with you there....but to each his/her own.:)

N.C.
                              United States
                              Member #56005
                              October 28, 2007
                              834 Posts
                              Posted: February 5, 2008, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

Although a pattern may result going forward, I believe it is virtually impossible to "determine" a pattern going forward and correctly pick the numbers that would fall into place.  I am not saying that one cannot win by analyzing the numbers because I know some people have done so.  But I do say the extremely low odds of winning are not improved by analyzing the numbers.  One could just as likely win by picking just some random numbers, playing "special" numbers, or buying a quick pick as they would by painstakingly analyzing the numbers.  If one has no other hobbies but to analyze numbers, then I guess it isn't such a waste of time.  But if one has a life outside of hoping to win the lottery, I would say that analyzing the numbers, even just going 3-5 draws back is indeed a huge waste of time.  Not passing judgement; just telling it like it is as I used to try to analyze the numbers and even though I was on the money with the pattern, in the end I did not play the correct numbers.  So it was all for naught!  Now I buy quick picks and when the vibe of certain numbers hit me, I also play them.  Boy, it has done wonders for my sanity!

previous post....