Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 1:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Along with what car you'd buy...

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2008, 7:24 pm - IP Logged

Since we have discusions about what kind of car you would buy if you hit a jackpot, how about things you would buy having hit a jackpot that you never would otherwise.

Here's one of my choices. It's called a ROM Trainer (Range of Motion), goes for $14, 615, and the story is you get a non-impact cardio, resistance, and flexibility workout in 4 minutes. 

What kind of gizmo would you get, only if you hit a jackpot? 

ROM Trainer

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8790 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2008, 7:35 pm - IP Logged

I am about due for a new up to date space ship.

United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2008, 8:00 pm - IP Logged

I am about due for a new up to date space ship.

Time traveler John Titor might be able to help you out with that- after he finds the parts he needs for his 2036 model. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: February 6, 2008, 8:47 pm - IP Logged

I think this is a pretty nifty gadget and might treat myself to one,haa. 

Self Deodorizing Toilet Seat: 

toilet2.jpg

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2659 Posts
          Posted: February 6, 2008, 8:48 pm - IP Logged

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: February 6, 2008, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I always wanted to get a gasoline powered turtleneck sweater, but I'll settle for this gag that I can play on my friends. A radio controlled golf ball...lol

Cost: $99.00

golf

United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: February 7, 2008, 1:18 am - IP Logged

Good ones folks.

Pac, you're killing me - a gasoline powered sweater and a radio contolled golf ball.

How about this one - a prescription windshield-  so you don't have to wear glasses or contacts to drive- and just think what it's do to prevent car theft!

Lep

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: February 7, 2008, 8:09 am - IP Logged

Good ones folks.

Pac, you're killing me - a gasoline powered sweater and a radio contolled golf ball.

How about this one - a prescription windshield-  so you don't have to wear glasses or contacts to drive- and just think what it's do to prevent car theft!

Just last week I walked into a wall. The prescription on my glasses ran out.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                  CA
                  United States
                  Member #57222
                  December 23, 2007
                  587 Posts
                  Posted: February 7, 2008, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Since we have discusions about what kind of car you would buy if you hit a jackpot, how about things you would buy having hit a jackpot that you never would otherwise.

Here's one of my choices. It's called a ROM Trainer (Range of Motion), goes for $14, 615, and the story is you get a non-impact cardio, resistance, and flexibility workout in 4 minutes. 

ROM Trainer

I'm not into crazy things,  pretty simple at heart. I'd simply  buy what I can't  afford to splurge ( or go broke) on now-so here goes...

1. I'd get one of those motorized 72"plasma televisions that come up from a cabinet at the foot of the bed with the touch of a button. I realized I wouldnt want a home theatre,  just a large tv with a remote that controls everything, including lighting, draperies and such.

2. I'd  buy the real top of the line computer parts.  The strongest motherboard, sound and video cards, drives, the works.  The  systems I've built are okay  but  were put together with whatever I can afford, not what I  want. ( its much more fun to build than to buy)Type

3. I have a custom home built  with 100% allergen removal capabilities throughout and  one of those central vaccum systems I keep seeing on HGTV. 

4. A  custom made screenroom, at least 40'x40' or maybe a sunroom- complete with electric outlets so i can add a water feature, ceiling fan and drink cooler.

5.  Since my property will be at least an acre, I have always wanted to build a half tennis court on the property ( we both love playing against a wall but not games).  And  my own  track ( do they make those for residents?) so I can rollerblade around the back yard on a smooth surface, not the crappy streets that they never repair ( even the in better neighborhoods)

6.  And I'd still purchase a Chrysler 300 C class- with a full chrome package.  No dvd monitor, I don't believe in that stuff while you're driving.  But my GPS will be the mix!

7. Of course, I could actually buy authentic designer handbags  without going on EBay.

Well thats my top list.  Will let you know when i win.Wink

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                    Gurnee, Illinois
                    United States
                    Member #49731
                    February 12, 2007
                    917 Posts
                    Posted: February 12, 2008, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

ROM Trainer

That just looks like an expensive coat hanger to me as that is usually what happens with most home fitness products.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

Bagent's avatar - avatar 10424.gif
                      Vancouver, WA
                      United States
                      Member #53665
                      July 15, 2007
                      151 Posts
                      Posted: March 11, 2008, 7:13 am - IP Logged

Would like to buy a house to start off with, just to get out of apartment living.  Then I would find some property and buy that and start the design on the custom home that I want to build for the family.

State of the art design, home theater with theater seating, swimming pool, private office/computer room for me, a kitchen that the wife could work in (most cabinets are too high for her)

Finally, I would schedule a family cruise.  Wife wants Disney Cruise for 7 days.  I want a extend cruise of the Pacific Islands (if they have such a cruise)

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
                        Washington State
                        United States
                        Member #33973
                        February 26, 2006
                        347 Posts
                        Posted: March 11, 2008, 11:25 am - IP Logged

Heck with the gizmos.  I just want the simple things of life - like an outstanding cook!

djklaugh's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                          Portland,Oregon
                          United States
                          Member #14387
                          April 25, 2005
                          229 Posts
                          Posted: March 11, 2008, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

I'd get an industrial size potscrubber dishwasher just for washing cat litter boxes ... so I wouldn't have to do it any more ... love the kitties - hate cleaning litter boxes :)

Djklaugh

Some things have to be believed to be seen.

"I have not failed. I have just found ten thousand things that don't work".  Thomas Edison

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
                            mn
                            United States
                            Member #59040
                            March 4, 2008
                            276 Posts
                            Posted: March 11, 2008, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

I'll try my best to buy real estate all over the world, all seven continents, yes i want to own antartica.

"Gee Brain, what do you want to do tonight?"
                            "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—Try to take over the world."