Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Look at this and calculate the Odds...

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 9 years ago by U.N.V.ME.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: February 8, 2008, 11:28 am - IP Logged
  Showreel 2005

Figure this..... 

In the past 18 draws no drawn number has started with any of these digits below. ..and it could go even further after today.  Maybe the most ugly Pick 3 stat I've ever seen.

1xx

2xx

3xx    =   500 numbers !   Idea                 

4xx                               

9xx 

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: February 8, 2008, 11:38 am - IP Logged

There are 1000 straight possible combinations of threes, what's so unusual about 500 of them not showing up in 18 drawings?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: February 8, 2008, 11:54 am - IP Logged

Try to Calculate the odds of a particular or specific set of numbers not showing up within a certain time frame.

Special attention on the specific

Hi RJOH... How are you ?   Needed to say that....  at least every 4 or 5 years that go by anyway.  LOL  

Win d    

buford, ga
        United States
        Member #52572
        May 30, 2007
        25 Posts
        Posted: February 8, 2008, 12:08 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it is the bonus issues no 2xx,xxx.00 or above can be assumed good for the lottey personnel community.

Just thinking out loud.

blcmjfq buford, ga

buford, ga
          United States
          Member #52572
          May 30, 2007
          25 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2008, 12:10 pm - IP Logged

another way to look at this is now instead of watching for 1 in 1000 numbers you only need to look at 1 in 500 numbers. go figure

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: February 8, 2008, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

another way to look at this is now instead of watching for 1 in 1000 numbers you only need to look at 1 in 500 numbers. go figure

LOL ....... blcmjfq, I wonder if my wins would actually go up by 50% too  .. !   Much better odds. 

They might use that on their next big deal promotion... instead of 20% better payout... just subtract 20% of the numbers. 

Pick 3 outa' 1000 ....    #800.   Dance

Maybe that wouldn't be such a good idea for the ga. lottery..When folks saw they still couldn't win anything that way either... they might stop playing.  LOL

Win d    

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
              Stone Mountain*Georgia
              United States
              Member #828
              November 2, 2002
              10491 Posts
              Posted: February 8, 2008, 12:51 pm - IP Logged

OK... It finally hit Straight as 1xx   or  179 today ! 

Pretty hard to hide 500 numbers very long.... normally. 

I'll bet Ga Lottery thanks their Lucky Stars that they don't use computer draws when things like this happen.       

Win d    

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19816 Posts
                Posted: February 8, 2008, 1:53 pm - IP Logged

Try to Calculate the odds of a particular or specific set of numbers not showing up within a certain time frame.

Special attention on the specific

Hi RJOH... How are you ?   Needed to say that....  at least every 4 or 5 years that go by anyway.  LOL  

I don't play pick3 games but if I could calculate the odds that 5 numbers would not appear in a particular position for a period of time I would be playing because if I was right only half the time I could make money.

Pick3 is the combined random outcomes of 3 events that have 10 possible outcomes which equal 1000 possible out comes together.  Eliminating 5 of those outcomes for each event would reduce the total possible outcomes to 125 instead of 1000 and covering those 125 outcomes would pay 500 to 125 every time I was right.

I can't calculate the odds of a particular set of numbers not showing up within a certain time frame and if anyone else can they could be cleaning up.

Evil Looking       

buford, ga
                  United States
                  Member #52572
                  May 30, 2007
                  25 Posts
                  Posted: February 8, 2008, 2:25 pm - IP Logged

I guess the pick should have came from the 500 missing number pool for today.. I think that the the other 4 you said had not played will not come in as quick... thanks

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                    Stone Mountain*Georgia
                    United States
                    Member #828
                    November 2, 2002
                    10491 Posts
                    Posted: February 8, 2008, 4:34 pm - IP Logged

Here's an old page from my blog many years ago. Odds don't change but probability does.

November 26, 2004, 6:01 pm   

Probability formula for independent events

Mood:
                    Now Playing:

/  The Multiplication Rule for Independent Events

The Multiplication Rule for d>Independent Events states that if several events, A1, A2, ..., An, are independent, then P(A1 A2 ... An) = P(A1) * P(A2) * ... * P(An).

What does this mean?  50/50

Applied to coins, A1 can be the event of getting a heads on the first flip of the coin. A2 is the event of getting a heads on the second flip of the coin. An is the event of getting a heads on the nth flip of the coin. Since the probability of each event is 1/2, the probability of getting two heads in a row is 1/2 * 1/2 = 1/4. The probability of getting d>5 heads in a row is 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 * 1/2 = d>1/32.

There are many examples of 50/50 events in the Pick-3 game such as High/Low, Odd/Even. Any group of numbers that you can balance into equal likely events are All subject to this normula. Applied to Pick-3 it opens up many opportunities.

Keep this in mind the next time you notice 7 or 8 d>Even digits stacked on top of each other...... or you see 5 or 6 draws or continuous string of equally like  events.  (2 even and 1 odd digits) etc.

"Chances Are" You won't have to wear a silly grin after the next draw.... if you play with this normula in mind and "you might d-color: #ffff66">win a prise."   

Use these numbers below to figure the odds on any 50/50 event in Pick-3.  When ever you see a string of MO'(mostly even) numbers or ME's (mostly even) since there are 500 of these each....that's a 50/50 opportunity to use the rule. 

If you use the 10 column Sums chart it is half odd and half even.......it is also half high and half low. 

If you see 6 odd doubles in a row.....check the odds of it going 7 in a row. The same thing can apply to the (sd-color: #ffff66">wing numbers) of those doubles. The doubles 3rd. number. If you see the last 7 doubles (regardless of high/low-odd/even) all hit with (high/low or odd/even) sd-color: #ffff66">wing number digits.....well you get the idea...check the chart for the odds this will continue. 

If you find that the last 6 or 7 consecutive Straights were all High ......

If you find that the last 5 or 6 (all high or all low group) were all the same or came from the same half.........

Look and find as many of these 50/50 groups as you can and track them ...... Most of the time they sd-color: #ffff66">wing back and forth and act nice.When they don't and they start to stack up on each other .....that's our chance for a trap. At least we will be fishing in the right half of the swimming pool. 

Win  d 

Win d    

JAP69's avatar - alas
                      South Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #6
                      November 4, 2001
                      8790 Posts
                      Posted: February 9, 2008, 10:19 am - IP Logged

I don't play pick3 games but if I could calculate the odds that 5 numbers would not appear in a particular position for a period of time I would be playing because if I was right only half the time I could make money.

Pick3 is the combined random outcomes of 3 events that have 10 possible outcomes which equal 1000 possible out comes together.  Eliminating 5 of those outcomes for each event would reduce the total possible outcomes to 125 instead of 1000 and covering those 125 outcomes would pay 500 to 125 every time I was right.

I can't calculate the odds of a particular set of numbers not showing up within a certain time frame and if anyone else can they could be cleaning up.

Calculate what set of numbes will appear by position.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                        South Carolina
                        United States
                        Member #6
                        November 4, 2001
                        8790 Posts
                        Posted: February 9, 2008, 10:24 am - IP Logged

As of Sat 2/9 @ 10:21 hours the 5 7 or 9 has not appeared in any position In S.C. in the past 8 draws.

The first and second spot are out 8 draws for the 5 7 or 9

The third spot is out 11 draws for the 5 7 or 9

Edited again

That is an elimination of 7 numbers by any position. But which one.

JAP69's avatar - alas
                          South Carolina
                          United States
                          Member #6
                          November 4, 2001
                          8790 Posts
                          Posted: February 9, 2008, 11:05 am - IP Logged

As of Sat 2/9 @ 10:21 hours the 5 7 or 9 has not appeared in any position In S.C. in the past 8 draws.

Edited again

I forgot to update one of my sheets last night.

The third spot is out 13 draws for the 5 7 or 9 in S.C.

Edited here again

I lost my software in a crash. Now if I had my software I could give stats on the 5 7 or 9 going back any time frame of tracking. 

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                            mid-Ohio
                            United States
                            Member #9
                            March 24, 2001
                            19816 Posts
                            Posted: February 9, 2008, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

I have no idea, WIN D proposed the challenge in his post.

Evil Looking       

JAP69's avatar - alas
                              South Carolina
                              United States
                              Member #6
                              November 4, 2001
                              8790 Posts
                              Posted: February 9, 2008, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

Edited again

678

Occured @ 18:59 hours on Sat Feb 9th

Looks like it was position 2