Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Michigan Replace the Classic 47

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Think.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Think's avatar - lightbulb
Marquette, MI
United States
Member #20541
August 20, 2005
705 Posts
Posted: February 9, 2008, 10:20 pm - IP Logged

Two Hundred and Twenty Three (223) days and the jackpot still rolls!

It is taking too long to pop and the jackpot is hardly moving compared to before Michigan joined Mega Mill.

Here is an idea to change the game-

Call it Michigan Double Jackpot or Michigan Double Fantasy...whatever

The game would be $2

The first dollar would go to the  regular 5/39 Fantasy 5 prize structure with the match 5 Jackpot. 

The second dollar (less the states take) would go only to a second Jackpot which the player would win or share for matching 1 of 19 numbers and 5 of 39.

Thus Michigan would have a 5/39 1/19 game.

$2, 2 Jackpots, 2 times the Fun! 

United States
    Member #54390
    August 17, 2007
    313 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2008, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

Man.  I wonder who's going to win the big one.   i've been waiting patiently.

bigato1010's avatar - army

United States
      Member #33588
      February 22, 2006
      2068 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2008, 6:19 am - IP Logged

Man.  I wonder who's going to win the big one.   i've been waiting patiently.

Classic lotto is a rip off to me too many numbers no wander the jackport always growing not going to

waste money on it. Invest in digit 4 and 5 you better off. 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: February 12, 2008, 10:59 am - IP Logged

Is the drawing computerized or does it use ball drawings?

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Marquette, MI
          United States
          Member #20541
          August 20, 2005
          705 Posts
          Posted: February 13, 2008, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

226 Days and no 6/47 winner yet in Mich! 32 weeks and it is still crawwwwwwwwwwwllllllllllllllingggggggg along.

The new game could be 5/41 1/14 or whatever reasonable combo they make it the 5/39 1/19 was just for illustration.

SCARY:  Go to the "Results" pulldown menu at the top and then go down to "State Lottery Report Card" and you will see that Michigan uses RNG.  They have been using RNG since 2002 I beleive.

After this pot pops I am giving up on the Michigan 6/47 and wont play it again until it gets over $20,000,000 (why keep throwing away dollar after dollar if they wont pay out?) 

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
            Member #2338
            September 17, 2003
            2063 Posts
            Posted: February 14, 2008, 12:42 am - IP Logged

Is the drawing computerized or does it use ball drawings?

The best way to tell that is to go to the Results tab and then select the State Lottery Report Card. Hopefully states can dump RNGs and improve their grade.

United States
              Member #119
              February 19, 2002
              527 Posts
              Posted: February 18, 2008, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

Two Hundred and Twenty Three (223) days and the jackpot still rolls!

It is taking too long to pop and the jackpot is hardly moving compared to before Michigan joined Mega Mill.

Here is an idea to change the game-

Call it Michigan Double Jackpot or Michigan Double Fantasy...whatever

The game would be $2

The first dollar would go to the  regular 5/39 Fantasy 5 prize structure with the match 5 Jackpot. 

The second dollar (less the states take) would go only to a second Jackpot which the player would win or share for matching 1 of 19 numbers and 5 of 39.

Thus Michigan would have a 5/39 1/19 game.

$2, 2 Jackpots, 2 times the Fun! 

Here is yet ANOTHER state following PA's lead of DOUBLING a ONE dollar game to TWO!

PROTEST PEOPLE! 

United States
                Member #54390
                August 17, 2007
                313 Posts
                Posted: February 26, 2008, 1:43 am - IP Logged

I will start playing Pick 4 and 5 when the jackpot is over with the L47

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
                  Member #5344
                  June 30, 2004
                  23641 Posts
                  Posted: February 27, 2008, 12:58 pm - IP Logged

We are driving to MI in March for a business meeting.   I will have to check out their games before leaving TN>

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

Marquette, MI
                    United States
                    Member #20541
                    August 20, 2005
                    705 Posts
                    Posted: February 27, 2008, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

We are driving to MI in March for a business meeting.   I will have to check out their games before leaving TN>

Depends on where you are going.  Port Huron keeps getting people who have back-to-back big wins on scratchers as does most of the rest of Southeast Michigan over to Dexter.  If you are buying a Mega Millions or Classic 47 or Raffles then Southeast Michigan is also a very good place to buy tickets.  You might win on the 3,4 and Fantasy Five outside of Southeast Michigan so don't waste your money unless you are going to that corner of the state.

Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
                      Atlantic Mine, Michigan
                      United States
                      Member #416
                      June 23, 2002
                      1614 Posts
                      Posted: February 27, 2008, 10:08 pm - IP Logged

Depends on where you are going.  Port Huron keeps getting people who have back-to-back big wins on scratchers as does most of the rest of Southeast Michigan over to Dexter.  If you are buying a Mega Millions or Classic 47 or Raffles then Southeast Michigan is also a very good place to buy tickets.  You might win on the 3,4 and Fantasy Five outside of Southeast Michigan so don't waste your money unless you are going to that corner of the state.

The only reason why Southeast Michigan seems like a good place to go is because that is where most of the state's population is.  The more tickets sold there the more of a chance that a winner is going to be from there.

Yeah Classic Lotto is crawling along.  It is currently the second largest jackpot in the country though.  If someone wins Powerball tonigt it will be the biggest.  This is kinda like the Indiana Hoosier Lotto just a couple of months ago.  That went a whole year without a winner.  Right now they are selling about enough tickets that the drawing should be won in every 20 drawings.  You can see why its not that hard for the jackpot to keep growing.  I say within the next month someone will win it.

But I do agree with a new game.  It is funny that you suggest a game like that.  I sent them almost the exact same suggestion.  It was called SuperFantasy5 and it was a 5/39 + 1/19 game.  The odds were a little bit higher but better odds of winning something. 

Right now it is actually profitable to buy all the combinations for the game.  Lotto games don't usually get that high.  ($12+million cash option with 1 in 10.7 million)

Brad

Marquette, MI
                        United States
                        Member #20541
                        August 20, 2005
                        705 Posts
                        Posted: March 1, 2008, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

The only reason why Southeast Michigan seems like a good place to go is because that is where most of the state's population is.  The more tickets sold there the more of a chance that a winner is going to be from there.

Yeah Classic Lotto is crawling along.  It is currently the second largest jackpot in the country though.  If someone wins Powerball tonigt it will be the biggest.  This is kinda like the Indiana Hoosier Lotto just a couple of months ago.  That went a whole year without a winner.  Right now they are selling about enough tickets that the drawing should be won in every 20 drawings.  You can see why its not that hard for the jackpot to keep growing.  I say within the next month someone will win it.

But I do agree with a new game.  It is funny that you suggest a game like that.  I sent them almost the exact same suggestion.  It was called SuperFantasy5 and it was a 5/39 + 1/19 game.  The odds were a little bit higher but better odds of winning something. 

Right now it is actually profitable to buy all the combinations for the game.  Lotto games don't usually get that high.  ($12+million cash option with 1 in 10.7 million)

Brad

Bradly you are either joking or you are naive!  As was pointed out to me congressional districts are drawn up to have relatively equal populations.  So then why do the same congressional districts in southeast Michigan have multiple MegaMillions wins while virutally every other district in the state has none?  It can't be because of population because all districts are roughly equal.  Why do the Michigan classics keep going to the same districts?? Can't be because of the population cause all the districts across Michigan have roughly equal population!

I have an idea for a new Slogan- "Michigan Lottery, it's not that you wont win it's that you can't win!"  and then there would be an asterisk and small print stating 'unless of course you live in SE Michigan'.