Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Close Call Ouch!

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
CA
United States
Member #57222
December 23, 2007
587 Posts
Posted: February 10, 2008, 8:39 am - IP Logged

I just had to tell all of you about this one.  Talk about a close call! 

My numbers: 21,30,34,39,42 mega number 20

The winning numbers: 23 30,34,39,41 mega number 1

Of course I did win 2 sets of 11 dollars  but I have never gotten this close before.

The bad news?  According to my "system" there is no way that MEGA number 1 should have come up.

Its one of those numbers that rarely hit, has no real pattern and it shows to NEVER hit with any number consistently, so it isnt on any of my lines.   Its one of my throughaway numbers so I would have only hit 5 anyway.  I guess I better rework some things. Im missing something.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    CA
    United States
    Member #57222
    December 23, 2007
    587 Posts
    Posted: February 10, 2008, 11:28 am - IP Logged

Throwaway. talk about typos!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23351 Posts
      Posted: February 10, 2008, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: February 14, 2008, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Heck, I've been closer - twice - and the kicker is: the number I missed on ?   The one that actually did hit was in the pool of four numbers I had to choose from, I chose wrong.

And before everyone says 'why didn't you wheel those 4 numbers ?',  the answer is because I DID wheel some of the other numbers in my selection, but you just can't wheel everything - I follow a discipline of no more than 10 games per draw.  I've done 15-20-40 games years ago, and I have done NO better than when I just do 8-10 games. 

I still think the best way to pick numbers is to pick 3 numbers that you 'know' will hit, then you have to just throw darts at the other two, because as you basically said, the Mega number hit and it wasn't even on your radar screen. Some numbers do not surprise us when they hit, and others hit for no rhyme or reason, so make up a pool of numbers that would not make any sense to hit, and choose some of those.. 

bashley572's avatar - starwars14
          West Side of Sunny Florida
          United States
          Member #55048
          September 8, 2007
          3371 Posts
          Posted: February 14, 2008, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

Heck, I've been closer - twice - and the kicker is: the number I missed on ?   The one that actually did hit was in the pool of four numbers I had to choose from, I chose wrong.

And before everyone says 'why didn't you wheel those 4 numbers ?',  the answer is because I DID wheel some of the other numbers in my selection, but you just can't wheel everything - I follow a discipline of no more than 10 games per draw.  I've done 15-20-40 games years ago, and I have done NO better than when I just do 8-10 games. 

I still think the best way to pick numbers is to pick 3 numbers that you 'know' will hit, then you have to just throw darts at the other two, because as you basically said, the Mega number hit and it wasn't even on your radar screen. Some numbers do not surprise us when they hit, and others hit for no rhyme or reason, so make up a pool of numbers that would not make any sense to hit, and choose some of those.. 

I Agree!  Trying to play TOO many #'s is just too costly.  I stick to about $5 on Mega but I am also part of a pool that has any where from 20-40 people in it. 

and all I can say about the

I chose wrong

comment is, join the club!!

Money won is twice as good as money earned!

United States
            Member #41383
            June 16, 2006
            1969 Posts
            Posted: February 15, 2008, 12:30 am - IP Logged

I Agree!  Trying to play TOO many #'s is just too costly.  I stick to about $5 on Mega but I am also part of a pool that has any where from 20-40 people in it. 

and all I can say about the

I chose wrong

comment is, join the club!!

I know - that is my point. (playing too many numbers).

I play the same three numbers in all my games, for the fourth number I have about four different ones, and for the fifth number I have 6-8 numbers, but I cannot justify wheeling everything, so I just go with what I figure...

Join the club ?     I'm the PRESIDENT of the club....   but that's life. 

20-40 members in a pool ?    I think that is too many, most pools I know have 6-10 at most in them, having to manage 20-40 would be a royal pain in the.... 

benmas's avatar - waveform
              Rhode Island
              United States
              Member #56010
              October 28, 2007
              434 Posts
              Posted: February 15, 2008, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

sometimes coming close makes you play more $....i did that and failed...lesson i learned is play small but include some long shots....do it on purpose to include some number you think will never show because sometimes it does..that could make diiference between coming close again and hitting it..

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: February 17, 2008, 3:32 am - IP Logged

sometimes coming close makes you play more $....i did that and failed...lesson i learned is play small but include some long shots....do it on purpose to include some number you think will never show because sometimes it does..that could make diiference between coming close again and hitting it..

That's what I have been saying for years - if all the numbers hit that we think are supposed to hit, we would have a winner every time.

So, you have to pick 2 or 3 solid numbers you 'like', and throw darts for the others. 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: February 19, 2008, 11:19 am - IP Logged

That's what I have been saying for years - if all the numbers hit that we think are supposed to hit, we would have a winner every time.

So, you have to pick 2 or 3 solid numbers you 'like', and throw darts for the others. 

Picking two or three numbers that you think will hit and wheeling the others is a good idea. 

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."