Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

using the inspector 3

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
Charlotte North Carolina
United States
Member #464
July 9, 2002
17392 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2008, 4:45 pm - IP Logged

I just tried using the inspector 3 system for the first time and I don't know what I am doing.  I remember sometime ago someone asked about the clip board.  I used the search trying to find the message and could not so I need help.  When you copy the result to the clip board, where is the information stored?  I checked my hard drive and looked at the clip board on my excel program and did not see the information.   Can someone help?

wpb

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2008, 5:00 pm - IP Logged

Just paste the numbers into the input space and click the Deflate button.  It accepts a wide variety of formats, so there's not much you need to do.

Once you've seen it Deflate, you can add filters to weed out numbers from the ones you input.  For example, weed out all numbers that don't contain at least one "4".  (That's a key number filter.)

All of the filters are described along with examples at the bottom of the page. 

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

wpb's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      Charlotte North Carolina
      United States
      Member #464
      July 9, 2002
      17392 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2008, 5:08 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd, I'll try it.

wpb

calabs's avatar - bass fret.jpg

United States
        Member #27050
        November 26, 2005
        40272 Posts
        Posted: February 21, 2008, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Just paste the numbers into the input space and click the Deflate button.  It accepts a wide variety of formats, so there's not much you need to do.

Once you've seen it Deflate, you can add filters to weed out numbers from the ones you input.  For example, weed out all numbers that don't contain at least one "4".  (That's a key number filter.)

All of the filters are described along with examples at the bottom of the page. 

Todd - are you describing how to use the inspector 3 or the "deflation 3" tool? .... I believe wpb was asking about the inspector 3.  I guess you input the numbers the same way, but you don't have all those filters in the inspector, right? 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23259 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2008, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

Yes, that's right.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49613 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2008, 9:49 pm - IP Logged

I just tried using the inspector 3 system for the first time and I don't know what I am doing.  I remember sometime ago someone asked about the clip board.  I used the search trying to find the message and could not so I need help.  When you copy the result to the clip board, where is the information stored?  I checked my hard drive and looked at the clip board on my excel program and did not see the information.   Can someone help?

The Result should go to the Windows clipboard (memory) and from their you should be able to paste it to an application or a file. You can also view it using the Clipboard Viewer.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!