Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 3:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

This is really kinda strange !

Topic closed. 13 replies. Last post 9 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: February 22, 2008, 10:27 am - IP Logged

Anyone want to let us know how this works? Big Smile

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://recipehut.homestead.com/blu.GIF&imgrefurl=http://recipehut.homestead.com/0000000-bl.html&h=269&w=410&sz=10&hl=en&start=1&tbnid=oL5qTeUuBWQruM:&tbnh=82&tbnw=125&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgenie%2Bmind%2Breader%26gbv%3D2%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
    Member #50124
    February 26, 2007
    601 Posts
    Posted: February 22, 2008, 10:32 am - IP Logged

I tried not even doing the calculation just chose a color off the top of my head, and it came up correct!!!  I'm sure there's a simple explanation but I don't know what it is.    head scratch

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
      Member #28409
      December 15, 2005
      1198 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2008, 10:35 am - IP Logged

That's an old magicians' trick.  All the numbers are suppose to come back to a certain amount of numbers which would then be broke down to another number to come out to the given answer.  Did you get 9 as your answer and blue as your color?

Presumably, all numbers can be broken down to that answer with that formula. 

That is only what I have been told as an explanation of how the trick works.   I have never personally tried it out or tried to disprove it.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2008, 10:39 am - IP Logged

I have seen a Number only version of this...... I think.  I haven't ever seen this one that uses Colors.

Interesting to see if anyone can explain the details of the way it works. 

PS ....  I really really like your cartoon" Tinker Bell" !     She was my first girl friend !  As soon as I could afford it.... I had a oil painting of her done that I still have. Later on  ....when I went away to school I actually found her and asked her to marry me.... and we are still married . 

Many years have gone by....and she still looks the same....    I don't. LOL   

Win d    

United States
          Member #16770
          June 4, 2005
          4 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2008, 10:47 am - IP Logged

It's simple. Whatever the number you calculate, it always comes out as a 9's multiple (i.e. 0, 9, 18, 36). And take a look at the color chart, it's always the blue next to that number.  

buford, ga
            United States
            Member #52572
            May 30, 2007
            25 Posts
            Posted: February 22, 2008, 10:56 am - IP Logged

i did it four times and the color was correct. i waited about 10 sec and pick a color for the next four pick and it was wrong all four times

thanks for the puzzle anyway some people i know will like it....

blcmjfq

buford, ga
              United States
              Member #52572
              May 30, 2007
              25 Posts
              Posted: February 22, 2008, 10:57 am - IP Logged

So WIN D do you like the 7 or the 9 in the first place of today's midday ga

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: February 22, 2008, 11:16 am - IP Logged

So WIN D do you like the 7 or the 9 in the first place of today's midday ga

I think digit 6 ....  cause all evens are soooo due. So are all odds and all lows.  

Win d    

Jack Pot's avatar - Lottery-028.jpg

United States
                  Member #55246
                  September 20, 2007
                  225 Posts
                  Posted: February 22, 2008, 11:44 am - IP Logged

Here's the equation for NJLottowin's explanation, WinD: (10X+Y)-(X+Y) = 9X

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                    Member #13130
                    March 30, 2005
                    2171 Posts
                    Posted: February 22, 2008, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Took me a few minutes to figure out the trick. I won't spoil it for people who haven't tried it yet. Evil Smile

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                      Member #17555
                      June 22, 2005
                      5582 Posts
                      Posted: February 22, 2008, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

It's simple. Whatever the number you calculate, it always comes out as a 9's multiple (i.e. 0, 9, 18, 36). And take a look at the color chart, it's always the blue next to that number.  

You're right, I saw this years ago too. 

You are basically forced to pick the right ones. Most of the numbers won't fall under the adding and subtracting category.

They specifically chose those adding and subtracting intervals, so that you have no choice but pick a number that is a multiple of 9.

NY
                        United States
                        Member #23835
                        October 16, 2005
                        3502 Posts
                        Posted: February 23, 2008, 4:43 am - IP Logged

i did it four times and the color was correct. i waited about 10 sec and pick a color for the next four pick and it was wrong all four times

thanks for the puzzle anyway some people i know will like it....

blcmjfq

You either did the math wrong, or you chose a color thatdidn't go with the right number. Whatever number you start with, doingthe math will result in a number that equals 9 times the first digit ofthe number you started with.  Most of the numbers have a randomcolor, but all of the numbers that are multiples of 9 are blue. Clicking will always result in the same page that says your color wasblue.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
                          Member #50124
                          February 26, 2007
                          601 Posts
                          Posted: February 23, 2008, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

You either did the math wrong, or you chose a color thatdidn't go with the right number. Whatever number you start with, doingthe math will result in a number that equals 9 times the first digit ofthe number you started with.  Most of the numbers have a randomcolor, but all of the numbers that are multiples of 9 are blue. Clicking will always result in the same page that says your color wasblue.

The color changed each time I clicked.  Blue, green, yellow, etc.

United States
                            Member #17555
                            June 22, 2005
                            5582 Posts
                            Posted: February 23, 2008, 1:28 pm - IP Logged

Slight clarification ..

It's not always blue, however, whatever the multuples of 9 are at any given moment, the color will be the same for all multiples of 9.

For example: Your first try might yield blue for all multiples of 9, but your second attempt might yield gray for all multiples of 9.