Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 7:01 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How about yours?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by ThatScaryChick.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
wantmoney's avatar - chess smart.jpg
Delaware
Greenland
Member #58665
February 23, 2008
28 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2008, 2:14 am - IP Logged

I have spent about $300 ($297) in lottery (only MegaMillions and PowerBall) and have won $19(M 12 and P 7).

How about yours?

Bed

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
    Member #5344
    June 30, 2004
    23641 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2008, 11:35 am - IP Logged

I have lost money in Powerball in the long run.

Lotto five averages out... 3/5 keeps you playing with their money.

Pick 3/ pick 4 one can make a profit.. Just find that golden system and stick with it.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

gonnawinwatchme's avatar - images
      Wisconsin
      United States
      Member #58835
      February 27, 2008
      148 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2008, 2:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure I've lost money in the long run in Powerball....it's the "what if" dream that keeps me playing.

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7344 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2008, 4:08 pm - IP Logged

I have spent about $300 ($297) in lottery (only MegaMillions and PowerBall) and have won $19(M 12 and P 7).

How about yours?

Bed

For me it was about $200 for the year and all of that was spent when the jackpot was over $200 million. We have five lines of numbers on each ticket and it's easy to notice how many tickets don't even have a 1 number match. Without a mega ball match we have to match 3 numbers just to win 7 bucks.

The amount of the jackpot might justify buying 40 tickets but the overall odds of winning anything is 1 in 40 so in reality we should expect to have 39 losing tickets. The jackpot winners in the latest run only spent $2 playing birthday numbers. That is a playing strategy but after seeing drawing, you don't have to look at the tickets because you know the outcome. When I checked the first ticket and saw no matching numbers on 5 lines, I knew there were 7 more tickets to check so I still had a chance.

The pros and cons on having much better odds of playing more combinations has been discussed many times and maybe make a case the extra couple of minutes of anticipation adds to it. So I'll probably do it again when the jackpot gets high though it would much better if they added a small prize for matching 2 numbers.

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          CA
          United States
          Member #57222
          December 23, 2007
          587 Posts
          Posted: February 27, 2008, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

How about yours?

Bed

At one time or over a period?

I play  $30 per week.  In Super Lotto Only.  As a rule I don't play Mega Millions.  I don't like the 171million to 1 odds.  41 millions is bad enough.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10391 Posts
            Posted: February 27, 2008, 6:25 pm - IP Logged

YTD for 2008 have spent $116 (all number games,  pick3 through 5+1) and won $3, the $3 being three $1 wins on Litle Lotto (pick 5).

On Valentine's Day my wife gave me a $2 scratcher that won $12.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

wantmoney's avatar - chess smart.jpg
              Delaware
              Greenland
              Member #58665
              February 23, 2008
              28 Posts
              Posted: February 28, 2008, 11:13 pm - IP Logged

I'm sure I've lost money in the long run in Powerball....it's the "what if" dream that keeps me playing.

Let us compute something:

we buy $10 PB per drawing, and there are 52 weeks per year i.e. 104 drawings per year.  Therefore $1040 per year.

We play PB 10 years, i.e.  $10400.    If you match 4+1 one time in these 10 years,  you will not lose money.  

Infact, I have never won anything in my first $200 play and my sisiter ridiculed me that what a wonder , you ought to buy lottoBang Head.  But I won $19 in later $100 (especially after chrismas).    GO ON!!   shot the jackpot  Cheers

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: February 29, 2008, 2:16 am - IP Logged

I never keep track.  I buy one Fantasy 5 ticket every night and play Lotto twice a week with 4 or 5 combinations.  I've won about $100 so far this year and a few free tickets.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                  Idaho
                  United States
                  Member #56506
                  November 21, 2007
                  6537 Posts
                  Posted: February 29, 2008, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I've lost more then I've won so far. Especially playing Powerball.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."