Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 11:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Re: Powerball & Mega Millions

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10391 Posts
Posted: February 27, 2008, 2:23 am - IP Logged

Sorry if this has been discused already (couldn't find it if so), but regarding reamining anonymous - what if someone from a state that allows you to remain anonymous goes to another state to play PB or MM and hits a jackpot?

What rules would that come under, the state where the ticket was purchased, or the person's home state? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

wantmoney's avatar - chess smart.jpg
    Delaware
    Greenland
    Member #58665
    February 23, 2008
    28 Posts
    Posted: February 27, 2008, 2:27 am - IP Logged

Sorry if this has been discused already (couldn't find it if so), but regarding reamining anonymous - what if someone from a state that allows you to remain anonymous goes to another state to play PB or MM and hits a jackpot?

What rules would that come under, the state where the ticket was purchased, or the person's home state? 

I played MM in Maryland and always remain anonymous because I only got small cash Disapprove.   

In waiting ........  When will be jackpot winner What?

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: February 27, 2008, 2:36 am - IP Logged

I assume the rules would be enforced by the Lottery of the state where the game was played.   Why would where you live make a difference?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10391 Posts
        Posted: February 27, 2008, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

I assume the rules would be enforced by the Lottery of the state where the game was played.   Why would where you live make a difference?

Press releases, for one.

I know some states say that the back of the ticket, which must be signed to collect a jackpot, is an agreement to a press release, but what if a person from a state that lets you remain anonymous wins in a state that doesn't.

So, the non-anonymous state releases the story to the newspapers in that state - the papaers on the person's home state pick up the story on a wire service- but, according to the rules of the home state, they wanted to remain anonymous.

Now what?

What?

(Remember when you posted about a theorhetical law suit where a person became famous for winning their right to remain anonymous?)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.