Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Florida power outage

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

What was the REAL cause of the Florida outrage?

Pac tried to play his system [ 2 ]  [11.76%]
Justxploring played her numbers [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Someone played "the forbidden numbers" [ 3 ]  [17.65%]
Aliens did it [ 2 ]  [11.76%]
The Bermuda Triangle [ 2 ]  [11.76%]
The Florida Lottery did it [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Miami, it's all because of Miami [ 2 ]  [11.76%]
More than 52 people at a Marlins game [ 1 ]  [5.88%]
Other, explain please [ 4 ]  [23.53%]
Other, but I can't explain [ 1 ]  [5.88%]
Total Valid Votes [ 17 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: February 28, 2008, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

(For fun)

Concoct the wildest theory you vcan about the cause of the Florida power outage.

I'll say Pac, or Pac and Justxploring came up with numbers based on the date, latitude and longitude, and the average score of Miami por sports teams on even numbered weeknight home games.

Just blew a terminal's mind somewhere.

And when the terminal went down, that part of Florida somehow still had power, but the set of numbers knocked the power out in other parts of Florida.

This has been a mesage from the tin hat news service.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
    ORLANDO, FLORIDA
    United States
    Member #4924
    June 3, 2004
    5893 Posts
    Posted: February 28, 2008, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Pac was playing his guitar with his super duper amp wide open,  FPL couldn't handle it.

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: February 28, 2008, 5:30 pm - IP Logged

I vote More than 52 people at a Marlins game.  lol

benmas's avatar - waveform
        Rhode Island
        United States
        Member #56010
        October 28, 2007
        434 Posts
        Posted: February 28, 2008, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I vote More than 52 people at a Marlins game.  lol

coolest poll ever...LOLThumbs Up...this happened to me the day of that Mega millions drawing..i handed the clerk the playslip and just as he started to insert it into the machine the power went out...I said wow i'm gonna hit something for sure...waited around but power wasnt coming back anytime soon...i went to another store about two miles down, played same numbers and had no matches whatsoever on 10 lines... 

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: February 28, 2008, 5:59 pm - IP Logged

Tin Hat New Service Miami - Investigators reported this morning that investigation into the recent Florida power outage is focusing on the monthly meeting of the Coin Toss Math and Improbability Club. A spokesperson for CTMIC contacted investigators and said they were embarassed to admit that the problem occurred when members plugged in laptop computers one after the other. Hedley Intails was quoted as saying, "One of our members plugged in her laptop, and then a second member plugged in another laptop, doubling the power demand. After that a third member and then a fourth member plugged in their laptops, so of course the power demand doubled again and again. Before we knew what had happened, several dozen members had plugged in their laptops, and were attempting to draw billions of times as much power as a single laptop, crashing the power supply grid."

Investigators pointed out one optimistic possibility arising from this development. Energy researchers at the university of Florida have said that if the laptops were charged one at a time the batteries could then be connected one after the other to supply enough power for the entire world for a full month.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2657 Posts
            Posted: February 28, 2008, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Evil Smile I voted for all of the above

United States
              Member #17555
              June 22, 2005
              5582 Posts
              Posted: February 28, 2008, 6:08 pm - IP Logged

I heard that it was a practice run by the govt.. Just to see how people would react to a dilemma.

My amp for my guitar is just 50 amps. It's actually built for a synthesizer, but i requested it because it could handle both a guitar and a second input without distorting the two, which single speakers cannot.

I don't wear a tin hat because it causes interference.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
                Wandering Aimlessly
                United States
                Member #25360
                November 5, 2005
                4461 Posts
                Posted: February 28, 2008, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss - I know it was a typo, but you first wrote "outrage" (see poll) which is ironic, since I was thinking of the 2000 election and the Jan '08 primary when I signed on.  LOL  Yes, definitely a conspiracy...and an outrage!  I'm not supposed to get political on threads, but maybe someone is worried that our votes will be counted, so they had to wipe out the real results. In fact, I think they have a suspect in custody named Chad something. 

Jester Laugh

Regarding the power failure, we were lucky in Southwest Florida.  I don't think anyone in Lee or Collier counties was affected.  Think it hit the east coast and maybe areas around Tampa.  Being the busy season, about 4 million people were without power.

You already know that I think something's going on in Miami.  :-)    I didn't check "aliens did it" because I wasn't sure if you were talking about the illegals. 

Conehead

What probably happened is that someone broke the code, so they had to fake a major power failure until that person was caught and shipped off to a lottery detention camp.  It's sort of like A Clockwork Orange. They force you to play millions of possible winning combinations over and over again and don't allow you to sleep or eat or ever win a thing, not even $5.  When you are released, if you try to play anything other than 1-2-3-4-5-6 you become violently ill.   

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5114 Posts
                  Posted: February 28, 2008, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

had to vote>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>other & explain>>>>>

My daddy worked @ DISNEY LAND >>>>>>> that's who I blame!!!

"I LIKE the LOTTERY POST"......>>>>>>>(don't BLM Todd!!!!)

the"THE FABRIC"

doeszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzEXISTZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.com

LISTEN

PSYKOMO 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10344 Posts
                    Posted: February 29, 2008, 2:09 am - IP Logged

Thanks everyone, glad you're enjoying it.

Justxploring, new phrase -  power ourtage? 

Floyd, how did you know about the club?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.