Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Lottery Post iPhone/iPod Touch edition

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Blackie.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23262 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2008, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I have just launched a new edition of Lottery Post for iPhone and iPod Touch users.

Because the new edition is built especially for the Apple iPhone and iPod Touch, it can only be used with those two devices.  (Although technically it will work with the Apple Safari web browser, version 3.04 or greater, on any device or operating system.)

The new edition launched with two main features: lottery results and quick picks. The interface closely follows Apple's guidelines for iPhone applications, although it has a special Lottery Post appearance.  It is designed for easily adding new features in the future.

iPhone and iPod Touch users are brought directly to the new edition when they come to Lottery Post, and have the option of either staying in the iPhone-style interface (with its limited feature set) or navigating to the main site.

iPhone and iPod Touch have a high degree of compatibility with the main Lottery Post site, but the new edition is ideally-suited for the devices.

I have created a mockup of what iPhone and iPod Touch users see when they come to Lottery Post.

I hope you enjoy this latest creation!

iLotteryPost

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

sysp34's avatar - Lottery-062.jpg
    Heroic City
    Indonesia
    Member #31689
    February 2, 2006
    1153 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2008, 1:00 am - IP Logged

wow awesome layout  Thumbs Up i wonder if it combined with all states as an betting index similar with market model lol, for example tracked vtract or combined vtract or grouped pattern like

group 12

2530, 2537, 2540, 2547, 2930, 2937, 2940, 2947,

8530, 8537, 8540, 8547, 8930, 8937, 8940, 8947

2301, 2306, 2371, 2376, 2401, 2406, 2471, 2476,

8301, 8306, 8371, 8376, 8401, 8406, 8471, 8476

5210, 5217, 5260, 5267, 5810, 5817, 5860, 5867,

9210, 9217, 9260, 9267, 9810, 9817, 9860, 9867

0153, 0154, 0193, 0194, 0653, 0654, 0693, 0694,

7153, 7154, 7193, 7194, 7653, 7654, 7693, 7694

1532, 1538, 1542, 1548, 1932, 1938, 1942, 1948,

6532, 6538, 6542, 6548, 6932, 6938, 6942, 6948

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

$$  8530, 8537, 8540, 8547, 8930, 8937, 8940, 8947  $$

$$  8301, 8306, 8371, 8376, 8401, 8406, 8471, 8476  $$

$$  9210, 9217, 9260, 9267, 9810, 9817, 9860, 9867  $$

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

CT Eve, CT Mid, DE Eve, DE Mid, FL Eve, GA Eve, GA Mid, IL Eve, IL Mid, IN Eve, IN Mid,

KY Eve, KY Mid, MA Eve, MD Eve, MD Mid, MI Eve, MO Eve, MO Mid, NJ Eve, NY Eve, NY Mid,

OH Mid, ON Eve, OR1 Mid, OR10 Eve, OR4 Mid, OR7 Eve, PA Eve, PA Mid, PR Eve, QC Eve, RI Eve

SC Eve, SC Mid, TN Eve, TN Mid, TS Eve, TX Eve, VA Eve, WDC Eve, WDC Mid, WV Eve

although it already hit in OR4 just might be it will hit again this week since it "freezed" on Feb 2008

good luck 

Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23262 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2008, 7:54 am - IP Logged

@sysp34: is this posted in the right thread?

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
        Harbinger
        D.C./MD.
        United States
        Member #44103
        July 30, 2006
        5583 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2008, 10:24 am - IP Logged

I just got an I-touch to set up for a client.  I now have extra motivation to get r' done.  As usual you are on it, first with the board, then the text messaging, now the I pods.  Thanks, it looks nice, the image quality on those I-Touchs' is incredible,  to my untrained eye, as far as I am concerned it is mini HD. I think back to the nineties when Sanyo Sony etc. came out with those handheld TVs, what a diff. 

Sun Smiley 

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23262 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2008, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I just got an I-touch to set up for a client.  I now have extra motivation to get r' done.  As usual you are on it, first with the board, then the text messaging, now the I pods.  Thanks, it looks nice, the image quality on those I-Touchs' is incredible,  to my untrained eye, as far as I am concerned it is mini HD. I think back to the nineties when Sanyo Sony etc. came out with those handheld TVs, what a diff. 

Sun Smiley 

I got an iPod Touch myself -- a really nice piece of technology.  Apple did a marvelous job with it.  The biggest drawback is the horrendous iTunes software that you're required to use.  For Windows users, it does a terrible job of integrating with your music and video library in Windows.  I wish it would simply act as a go-between to move music from your music library to your iPod, but it wants to take over all management and organization of your library.  If you don't let it, there are multiple steps to go through every time you add something new.  And it is incredibly counter-intuitive to set up playlists -- you're never quite sure if you should checkmark songs, or highlight them, or drag them, or who knows what else.

Edit: BTW, Apple is holding a press conference tomorrow announcing their new SDK support, which will allow companies to build apps that run natively within the iPod Touch or iPhone.  Hopefully it will enable companies to build new sync software.  What a great thing that would be.

Anyone who wants to see an iPod Touch should head to an Apple store at their mall.  Apple sets them up in the store to use and try.  You'll get to see what all the fuss is about.  They are hypnotically cool.

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2008, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

Does someone who owns this have to pay a sperate charge for internet access or does it come with it? I'm thinking yes, just like a laptop.

I'm technologically deprived...lol   Bang Head

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
              mn
              United States
              Member #59040
              March 4, 2008
              276 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2008, 11:03 am - IP Logged

cool ill try using that

Heroic City
                Indonesia
                Member #31689
                February 2, 2006
                1153 Posts
                Posted: March 6, 2008, 11:42 am - IP Logged

@sysp34: is this posted in the right thread?

yes chief, those were on right track.Sun Smiley

i just wonder if you can add those features on gadget/pda/ipod there will be a lot of str8 winner. and it can be access while buying tickets for US residence Smash the idea like i posted on suggestion awhile ago

the group 12 appear on OR4-Mid and TN-Eve as str8

gl 

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23262 Posts
                  Posted: March 6, 2008, 11:59 am - IP Logged

yes chief, those were on right track.Sun Smiley

i just wonder if you can add those features on gadget/pda/ipod there will be a lot of str8 winner. and it can be access while buying tickets for US residence Smash the idea like i posted on suggestion awhile ago

the group 12 appear on OR4-Mid and TN-Eve as str8

gl 

OK, just wanted to be sure.

The thing I've found with mobile devices, having owned and used a lot of them, is that they work best for simpler, more general functions, which don't require a lot of input.

The iPhone, as well as some mobile devices with full keyboards, do improve on the ability to enter and manipulate information while on the road, but they still have shortcomings that make it so you don't want to do anything complicated unless forced to.  The main limitation is the limited screen size an lack of a mouse or other comprehensive input device.  Again, iPhone improves on this, but it's still limited.

With the iPhone, you can access everything on the main Lottery Post web site, so anything you can see here you can do on the iPhone.  The specialized stuff I created is very targeted at the most heavily-used features.  i.e., I found that most iPhone users were coming to Lottery Post to see lottery results.

I have a killer application for iPhone that I can't talk about yet because I haven't built it yet, but when I do come out with it you'll see how it explots the unique properties of the iPhone.  It doesn't exist today in any form.

Some other things I'll be porting to iPhone include Lucky's system (and other systems), but I need to create an iPhone login capability first, since it's a Platinum feature.  So things like the idea you mentioned would be possible to create after that.

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone who has any additional feedback, please feel free to mention it.  I have definitely not cornered the market on good ideas, so I can use all the help I can get!  If you'd rather shoot me a PM or use the Contact Us page, that would be fine too.

Heroic City
                    Indonesia
                    Member #31689
                    February 2, 2006
                    1153 Posts
                    Posted: March 12, 2008, 8:27 am - IP Logged

OK, just wanted to be sure.

The thing I've found with mobile devices, having owned and used a lot of them, is that they work best for simpler, more general functions, which don't require a lot of input.

The iPhone, as well as some mobile devices with full keyboards, do improve on the ability to enter and manipulate information while on the road, but they still have shortcomings that make it so you don't want to do anything complicated unless forced to.  The main limitation is the limited screen size an lack of a mouse or other comprehensive input device.  Again, iPhone improves on this, but it's still limited.

With the iPhone, you can access everything on the main Lottery Post web site, so anything you can see here you can do on the iPhone.  The specialized stuff I created is very targeted at the most heavily-used features.  i.e., I found that most iPhone users were coming to Lottery Post to see lottery results.

I have a killer application for iPhone that I can't talk about yet because I haven't built it yet, but when I do come out with it you'll see how it explots the unique properties of the iPhone.  It doesn't exist today in any form.

Some other things I'll be porting to iPhone include Lucky's system (and other systems), but I need to create an iPhone login capability first, since it's a Platinum feature.  So things like the idea you mentioned would be possible to create after that.

Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone who has any additional feedback, please feel free to mention it.  I have definitely not cornered the market on good ideas, so I can use all the help I can get!  If you'd rather shoot me a PM or use the Contact Us page, that would be fine too.

is it something like this Chief

well although it more interactive but it need a skill to "predict" the same idea like a str8 workout, the no hit group which is 12 have str8 hit 3 times this week, also it little bit surprise the group hit 3 or 2 times in TN and FL Crazy as box, never track boxed hit

good luck to Type  killer application StarStarStarStarStar for iPhone, chief Thumbs UpThumbs UpThumbs Up

Blackie's avatar - Norfolk 20Sunrise%20Nov%2016.jpg
                      Norfolk , Va
                      United States
                      Member #4541
                      May 2, 2004
                      25097 Posts
                      Posted: March 12, 2008, 8:40 am - IP Logged

As you know Todd, I use my Iphone to keep up with LP on the go. It is great to be able to post a number or reply to a post when you are away from a PC and traveling. Great work on the whole Apple connection!!

Good Luck,

Blackie.