Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

why play

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Raven62.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
mn
United States
Member #59040
March 4, 2008
276 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2008, 10:31 am - IP Logged

The game is to simple why would you play, there is no rush

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
    Member #4121
    March 23, 2004
    817 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2008, 11:35 am - IP Logged

One scratch can change your life. For example, one store clerk who scratched 10,000 a week for life.  He is only 22 so if he lives till 100 years, that is about $40 million.

mn
      United States
      Member #59040
      March 4, 2008
      276 Posts
      Posted: March 6, 2008, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

One scratch can change your life. For example, one store clerk who scratched 10,000 a week for life.  He is only 22 so if he lives till 100 years, that is about $40 million.

You are just proving my point, it is WORTHLESS

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
        Idaho
        United States
        Member #56506
        November 21, 2007
        6537 Posts
        Posted: March 8, 2008, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

It might be worthless to you, but not to others.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
          CA
          United States
          Member #57222
          December 23, 2007
          587 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2008, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

It might be worthless to you, but not to others.

I Agree!

I win more on scratchers than I have recently on the the regular lottery.  I have even reduced my playing dollar so I can offset the amount.  If it is my time to win the regular lottery, I will win with 1 ticket or 20.

I recently won $100 on a scratcher just by purchasing the one that I normally buy.  Unless the scratchers are fixed, I personally think the odds are much better.  Besides you can actually check the website to see what tickets have the better odds, which tickets have what amounts leftover and what tickets have the better cash amounts.  So you already have a better up than regular lottery.  Besides, there is a rush, the scratchers not only have an expiration period  but the bigger amounts get cashed in. By the end of the game only the small amounts are left.

Pogo's avatar - wfl
            NC
            United States
            Member #29378
            January 1, 2006
            552 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2008, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I enjoy scratchers myself, many times paying for myscratchers & numbers - & other times just losing my $20. It's kind oflike playing slots instead of blackjack or blackjack instead of harness racing.The game just runs a little faster, on the other hand I guess you could beplaying scratch bingo and it take like 5 minutes to scratch all the numbers.Different Strokes for Different folks - I suspect... I had a gentleman walk upto me one time and told me to play the number 16 ticket on a certain kind of scratcheronly if the 16 was preceded by an even number. Sure enough every time I wouldfind one I would buy it and it would hit - I think the highest I ever hit was$50, but it just got my curiosity about the numbers on the tickets & reallyabout how many that guy must have scratched before he found this little nuance.

Pinkpansies's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
              Member #58857
              February 27, 2008
              112 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2008, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

The reason some people like scratch tickets and others don't is quite simple.  Everybody is different and the lottery recognizes this and offers different products for different people.  Usually with scratchers you have lower prizes, but better odds of winning a bigger prize.  Also they sometimes offer trips of other things; such as, we have a scratcher where one of the prizes is a trip to American Idol, not something I'd go for, but for somebody else it is perfect.   I actually don't buy scratch tickets, but my aunt loves to.  She likes to be able to see immediately if she has won a prize whereas I love to watch the balls being drawn.  So just because you might think it is a waste of time, other people don't and you need to have respect for others.  (Sorry I've seen some of your other posts and they seem quite incendiary and written to pick a fight and keep it flaming.)  Again, that might just be your writing style and I'm not used to it, but we should all have respect for everyone here and allow for all of our differences.  Wink

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2008, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

10 grand a week is worthless to you? Are you kidding me?

mn
                  United States
                  Member #59040
                  March 4, 2008
                  276 Posts
                  Posted: March 16, 2008, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Nobody wins 10 grand a week, so YES it IS worthless.

I thought this post forum was closed a long time ago!

This was made like a month ago, how are you guys still talkin about this?

United States
                    Member #58528
                    February 18, 2008
                    710 Posts
                    Posted: March 16, 2008, 9:37 pm - IP Logged

Nobody wins 10 grand a week, so YES it IS worthless.

I thought this post forum was closed a long time ago!

This was made like a month ago, how are you guys still talkin about this?

People DO win 10 grand a week for life.Lotterys can't advertise that a ticket has a certain prize if it doesn't.Once all of those advertised prizes are all claimed,they pull the game so that people don't buy anymore thinking they will win the grand prize.

This thread couldn't have been closed a month ago because it wasn't started until 10 days ago.

United States
                      Member #58528
                      February 18, 2008
                      710 Posts
                      Posted: March 16, 2008, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

I once won $21,000 before taxes.It was quite thrilling,as I recall.I'd like to do it again just to see if its still as thrilling.My guess is that it is.Banana

mn
                        United States
                        Member #59040
                        March 4, 2008
                        276 Posts
                        Posted: March 17, 2008, 9:33 am - IP Logged

People DO win 10 grand a week for life.Lotterys can't advertise that a ticket has a certain prize if it doesn't.Once all of those advertised prizes are all claimed,they pull the game so that people don't buy anymore thinking they will win the grand prize.

This thread couldn't have been closed a month ago because it wasn't started until 10 days ago.

Name one person that does win 10 grand a month.

P.S. werent you the one that said you were the aggregator on the site, and if you are why are you agreeing with these people, and attacking me, this isnt the only post you attacked me on?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
                          Idaho
                          United States
                          Member #56506
                          November 21, 2007
                          6537 Posts
                          Posted: March 18, 2008, 12:11 am - IP Logged

I would love to win 10 grand a week for life. They have that scratch-off game going right now where I live, but I can't justify spending 10 bucks a pop at the moment. Although, it is awful tempting.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                            Member #58528
                            February 18, 2008
                            710 Posts
                            Posted: March 18, 2008, 10:30 pm - IP Logged

Name one person that does win 10 grand a month.

P.S. werent you the one that said you were the aggregator on the site, and if you are why are you agreeing with these people, and attacking me, this isnt the only post you attacked me on?

1st-I can't possibly know the names of every person that has won a major prize in a lottery.But believe me when I tell you that people do win huge prizes on scratch off tickets.The states can't offer a prize unless that prize is available to be won.

2nd-I don't know what the hell an aggregator is.A pissed off alligator,maybe?

3rd-I don't attack anyone.I do point out on occasion that someone is mistaken with their facts and attempt to explain where I think they are mistaken.

4th-I happen to agree with some of these people.

mn
                              United States
                              Member #59040
                              March 4, 2008
                              276 Posts
                              Posted: March 19, 2008, 10:36 am - IP Logged

1st-I can't possibly know the names of every person that has won a major prize in a lottery.But believe me when I tell you that people do win huge prizes on scratch off tickets.The states can't offer a prize unless that prize is available to be won.

2nd-I don't know what the hell an aggregator is.A pissed off alligator,maybe?

3rd-I don't attack anyone.I do point out on occasion that someone is mistaken with their facts and attempt to explain where I think they are mistaken.

4th-I happen to agree with some of these people.

You got jokes, that's somewhat hilarious,

and tou'che, i will end comments on this post.