Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 7:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

realistically

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 9 years ago by U.N.V.ME.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
mn
United States
Member #59040
March 4, 2008
276 Posts
Posted: March 6, 2008, 10:36 am - IP Logged

In reality the lottery is nothing more than probability and statistics

NASHVILLE, TENN
    United States
    Member #33372
    February 20, 2006
    1044 Posts
    Posted: March 6, 2008, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

Connected by suicidal tendencies.

Fayetteville, Arkansas
      United States
      Member #58962
      March 2, 2008
      29 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2008, 5:18 am - IP Logged

As far as the lottery is concerned, I think all probability and statistics tell you is that you have no realistic expectation of winning a significant amount of money.

But the lottery is also a dream, a chance, a possibility. As I tell the Sons of Discouragement who pooh-pooh the lottery because of the odds: the difference between a good chance of winning and a bad chance of winning is infinitesimal compared with the difference between a bad chance of winning and no chance of winning at all. That teeny-tiny possibility is worth a buck. At least to me.

Raven62's avatar - binary
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #17843
        June 28, 2005
        49813 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2008, 5:53 am - IP Logged

You got to be in it to Win it: If you don't have a Ticket you'll never Win!

With the aid of Probability and Statistics you can improve your chance of Winning!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

takeitez's avatar - japheth
          Carters Lake, Ga.
          United States
          Member #5313
          June 29, 2004
          1065 Posts
          Posted: March 7, 2008, 7:48 am - IP Logged

But the lottery is also a dream, a chance, a possibility. As I tell the Sons of Discouragement who pooh-pooh the lottery because of the odds: the difference between a good chance of winning and a bad chance of winning is infinitesimal compared with the difference between a bad chance of winning and no chance of winning at all. That teeny-tiny possibility is worth a buck. At least to me.

posted by Mike Frazier

I agree with him!

The pick 3 I just play around with, but when I buy a mega million ticket, I buy a dream for a buck.

It is better to have had a dream and it not come true, than to never have dreamed at all.

ez

No Pity!Guitar  Drum ........ in the long run........

Thoth's avatar - binary
            Findlay, Ohio
            United States
            Member #4855
            May 28, 2004
            400 Posts
            Posted: March 13, 2008, 12:12 am - IP Logged

...and in lottery, probability and statistics are measurments of randomness. Realistically, the numbers perform just how they are supposed to, you just gotta catch that event within the right time span.

~Probability=Odds in Motion~

United States
              Member #6388
              August 20, 2004
              3578 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2008, 1:10 am - IP Logged

Playing the lottery,we are all taking a chance, You have to be focused. I don't understand how people try to play sooo many numbers at once, it makes no sense to me. Only one number is going to come out,that's the reality of it. Why not just load up on the one number that you really like the most,that way when it comes out,u have a Bigger win...

It's a game, "Play the game" "Win or Loose"... You don't hit the number, "The number hits you"...

four4me's avatar - gate1
                MD
                United States
                Member #1701
                June 18, 2003
                8364 Posts
                Posted: March 21, 2008, 1:32 am - IP Logged

Playing the lottery,we are all taking a chance, You have to be focused. I don't understand how people try to play sooo many numbers at once, it makes no sense to me. Only one number is going to come out,that's the reality of it. Why not just load up on the one number that you really like the most,that way when it comes out,u have a Bigger win...

It's a game, "Play the game" "Win or Loose"... You don't hit the number, "The number hits you"...

Hey that's what i do i load up on my favorite picks 3/4 but i also buy some back up picks.

And it's big John that says see below. No I'm not big John he lives across the street. It took me a while to grasp what he was saying but i firmly believe he is right after all.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
                  Member #6388
                  August 20, 2004
                  3578 Posts
                  Posted: March 21, 2008, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Hey that's what i do i load up on my favorite picks 3/4 but i also buy some back up picks.

And it's big John that says see below. No I'm not big John he lives across the street. It took me a while to grasp what he was saying but i firmly believe he is right after all.

Yea that's true,you have to play back ups by going up/down on your actual number, it works an you come out on top....