Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Question about Powerball

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 9 years ago by MeFirstYouLast.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Atlanta
United States
Member #59216
March 9, 2008
2 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2008, 3:28 pm - IP Logged

New to the forum if you can't tell, so sorry if this is in the wrong spot.  

I was wondering if I could play and win the Powerball if I lived in a state that did not offer the game.  Say if I used betslips or something, would they let me collect?

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
    Member #2338
    September 17, 2003
    2063 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2008, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

Nothing prevents you from traveling to another state or another country for that matter and purchasing tickets for yourself. Using betslips in the US will mean you will have to hire a lawyer in any case for any legal problems.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2008, 3:53 pm - IP Logged

I'm not familiar with bestslips or any other gambling services and big jackpots. They say they would pay you, but can you trust a stranger giving you millions of dollars if you won? Me, I don't think I could. And yes you can travel and buy tickets from other states.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Fort Stewart Georgia
        United States
        Member #57297
        December 31, 2007
        18 Posts
        Posted: March 9, 2008, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

I tried to use betslips and it would not let me. It said you live in the US and I could not register, so I assumed it was only for overseas. I am moving to Japan in a few months and wonder how can I still play????

Nirvona Big Smile

Atlanta
          United States
          Member #59216
          March 9, 2008
          2 Posts
          Posted: March 9, 2008, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

Yeah the I saw the thing about having to be overseas, so I was just curious.  And I probably wouldn't trust them giving me the money either, I was just wondering.  Traveling for it is not that serious, I guess I'll just stick to  the Mega Millions.

And thanks a lot for the responses. 

United States
            Member #59167
            March 8, 2008
            174 Posts
            Posted: March 9, 2008, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

I tried to use betslips and it would not let me. It said you live in the US and I could not register, so I assumed it was only for overseas. I am moving to Japan in a few months and wonder how can I still play????

Will they pay off when the bottom line is a one hundred million dollars?   Why should they?   The just close up shop, open in two weeks under another name, and start collecting money again.  Should they stay open for integrity purposes?  HAHAHAHA!  They have an advantage.  They have thousands of people betting their own money, and if it hits, they get to keep the jackpot.  Not a single expense on their side, all pure 150% profit. Sure they many pay-off on the thousand or several thousand dollar hit, but remember, none of it is their money! They can afford to stay in business, until the big one comes along, Then Puff - where did he go, where did he go!

Give me one hundred million dollars to hold for you, and see if I am here tomorrow! S-U-C-K-E-R !

You are always safe with a state run oganization.  There may not be a large jackpot in your state this week, but there will be sooner then you can imagine.