Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 5:18 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Todd, I'm sorry I apparently broke a rule

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 9 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Fayetteville, Arkansas
United States
Member #58962
March 2, 2008
29 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2008, 2:35 am - IP Logged

I tried both sending a comment and an email, but the comment page is apparently under repair and I couldn't find an email address.

You'll have a record that I tried to post a comment containing a hyperlink in one of the forums. The feature was there, and I had no idea I wasn't supposed to use it. My comment referred to a lengthy speech that was relevant, and I didn't want to post the whole thing so I inserted a link where the full text could be read, for those interested. When I tried to post it ... well, you know what happened next.

I don't know if the program would have taken me back to my draft or to a blank box; I never got that far. It seemed to hang in the process of changing pages. That may have been my system here at work; it's kind of slow. I lost about 40 minutes' work; and I don't have the heart to redo it, so I didn't post at all. But because my transgression was so serious -- the warning said something about being kicked off LP -- I felt I needed to say something, to make some explanation for what I did. Here it is.

The balls have no memory.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23259 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2008, 9:04 am - IP Logged

This kind of thing is probably better to send in a PM.  The posting of links and e-mail addresses on the forums is not allowed for new members.  There is a page with big red warning messages about not posting links that every new member has to look at before registering, so if you weren't aware of the rule, I have done my best to make you aware.

I'll send you what you wrote, minus the link, so you can copy and paste it back into the forums.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!