Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 2:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Purchaing movie rights with lottery prize

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 9 years ago by rubberbandman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Entertaiment Capital
United States
Member #37800
April 19, 2006
302 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2008, 1:37 pm - IP Logged

About 14 months ago I had a dream about six numbers. Since then, I became an avid lottery player hoping that I would win someday. Recently I saw an amount of money in my dream, too. The amount was...well...it was...465 millions.  465 millions is simply an obscene amount of money. And there's no guarantee that the jackpot amount will go up to that point. 

I live in california so my options are limited to Super Lotto Plus and Mega Millions. If I really win 465 million bucks, then the actual amount of money I would be receiving will be about 200 mil. I want to purchase some good commercial porperties and invest in mutual funds. And I also want to win the mining right in some Central Asian nations. Mongolia is one of the most resource-rich nations and the president of Mongolia recently visited Los Angeles to find some investors from local Korean community. So if I ever win that amount of money, count me in. I would be investing in mining business in Mongolia and Uzbekistan.   

But more than anything else...I want to purchase some movie rights so that I can produce some movies. I can purchase the rights, hire right people including agents and writers and pitch my project to film studios. That's what I really want to do. What can I say? I live near Los Angeles. Anyone with huge amount of money wants to break into the film business. I, for one, want to become a film producer. 

I can hunt for some good intellectual properties and make some decent films. 

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23352 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2008, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Heck, why not.  Sounds like you'd be living your dreams, which as far as I know is what playing the lottery is all about.  Good luck, I hope it comes true!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
      Member #4121
      March 23, 2004
      817 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2008, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

About 14 months ago I had a dream about six numbers. Since then, I became an avid lottery player hoping that I would win someday. Recently I saw an amount of money in my dream, too. The amount was...well...it was...465 millions.  465 millions is simply an obscene amount of money. And there's no guarantee that the jackpot amount will go up to that point. 

I live in california so my options are limited to Super Lotto Plus and Mega Millions. If I really win 465 million bucks, then the actual amount of money I would be receiving will be about 200 mil. I want to purchase some good commercial porperties and invest in mutual funds. And I also want to win the mining right in some Central Asian nations. Mongolia is one of the most resource-rich nations and the president of Mongolia recently visited Los Angeles to find some investors from local Korean community. So if I ever win that amount of money, count me in. I would be investing in mining business in Mongolia and Uzbekistan.   

But more than anything else...I want to purchase some movie rights so that I can produce some movies. I can purchase the rights, hire right people including agents and writers and pitch my project to film studios. That's what I really want to do. What can I say? I live near Los Angeles. Anyone with huge amount of money wants to break into the film business. I, for one, want to become a film producer. 

I can hunt for some good intellectual properties and make some decent films. 

Wow! Going for Billions! Good luck my friend.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8395 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2008, 3:51 pm - IP Logged

If i were to be fortunate enough to win millions i wouldn't mind making a movie but i would only use some of my money to do it and borrow the rest or get funding from others. After all making a movie and having it make money is the goal. Unless of course it's a documentary.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
          rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
          mn
          United States
          Member #59040
          March 4, 2008
          276 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2008, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

Your goals are interesting and pretty cool, all I want to do is own businesses like Warren Buffet, which compared to your goals sounds kind of dull