Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 1:24 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Saturday Night in Florida

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 9 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: March 16, 2008, 12:27 am - IP Logged

Look at the results for tonight's drawing!

05-06-07-08-24

I don't know how many people won yet, since the FL site is down tonight.  I got the results here.

Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: March 16, 2008, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Okay - just got on the web site.  There was only 1 winner tonight taking the entire $285,072.90 jackpot.  I wonder if it was a QP and he said "Oh sh**!" when he got 4 consecutive numbers. 

Actually, since they are all low numbers, I'm surprised there aren't more winners.  Still, I'm not sure if I've ever seen 4 numbers in a row, have you?

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: March 16, 2008, 12:45 am - IP Logged

I would have thought more people would have won with that combination. 

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10354 Posts
        Posted: March 16, 2008, 1:31 am - IP Logged

Okay - just got on the web site.  There was only 1 winner tonight taking the entire $285,072.90 jackpot.  I wonder if it was a QP and he said "Oh sh**!" when he got 4 consecutive numbers. 

Actually, since they are all low numbers, I'm surprised there aren't more winners.  Still, I'm not sure if I've ever seen 4 numbers in a row, have you?

A QP with the numbers 1  2  4  8  18 won $100,000 in Illinois tonight, and I wast hinkig the same exact thing. When the player saw those numbers they probably thought, "Well, blew a dollar on that one."

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: March 16, 2008, 3:40 am - IP Logged

I'm surprised they announce that it's a QP right away.  FL just shows that someone won and the next day usually has a news release that says where it was purchased and if it was a QP.   It will be interesting to know.  (not that the lucky winner cares!) 

Wandering Aimlessly
            United States
            Member #25360
            November 5, 2005
            4461 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2008, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Not a quick pick.   5-6-7-8-24 was the winner's own numbers.  Congrats to the winner!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2008, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

Not a quick pick.   5-6-7-8-24 was the winner's own numbers.  Congrats to the winner!

Strange. When I get three consecutive numbers in a row, I hate it, but someone actually choose four of them. Congrats to them either way they obviously made the right choice.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                Zeta Reticuli Star System
                United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10354 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2008, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

Strange. When I get three consecutive numbers in a row, I hate it, but someone actually choose four of them. Congrats to them either way they obviously made the right choice.

That being the case, you could understand them thinking if they do hit, they'll "force" a solo jackpot with the consecutive numbers...two, sure..three. well maybe. 4, probably not, but what if...

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.