Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 8:34 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Win or loose I play lotto!

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

How long did you play lotto games before you won anything?

1 day [ 5 ]  [16.67%]
1 week [ 6 ]  [20.00%]
1 month [ 10 ]  [33.33%]
3 months [ 4 ]  [13.33%]
6 months [ 2 ]  [6.67%]
1 year [ 2 ]  [6.67%]
2 years [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
3 years [ 1 ]  [3.33%]
I have only won a free ticket [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Never won anything/amount! [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Valid Votes [ 30 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 2 ]  
mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
Member #24380
October 21, 2005
623 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2008, 2:36 am - IP Logged

It took over five years of game plays to win over $100.00 in any of the games.  I missed an $11,000,000 dollar share in the lotto because I did not play my numbers.  So, the numbers went to one player for the $22,000,000.00 jackpot.  I stopped crying about that after a year. The person who stopped me (her transportation was the only thing moving and she refused to move it for me to go play the stupid game that you will never win; hmph!!!)  Argue  from playing my numbers that day wonders why "we" never win. Okay, I did win big but....

lottocalgal's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    CA
    United States
    Member #57222
    December 23, 2007
    587 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2008, 8:19 am - IP Logged

It took over five years of game plays to win over $100.00 in any of the games.  I missed an $11,000,000 dollar share in the lotto because I did not play my numbers.  So, the numbers went to one player for the $22,000,000.00 jackpot.  I stopped crying about that after a year. The person who stopped me (her transportation was the only thing moving and she refused to move it for me to go play the stupid game that you will never win; hmph!!!)  Argue  from playing my numbers that day wonders why "we" never win. Okay, I did win big but....

Ouch!

Mylollypop.  That story made even me a bit upset.  I'd still be.....! 

I haven't really been playing the lotto for much more than a year.  I won that $50 or $60 bucks off a quick pick back in Nov 2007. (maybe 8 months or so?)  And scratchers only since  CA came out with the $5 California Millionaire scratcher back in Mid January 2008.  But I was playing that one for about 1.5 months before I won that  $100. I actually won $165  that same day since I kept switching games and winning.  I don't count  "free tickets" as winners.

But guess what, I have the same set of a 15 line pattern that I plan to play for the next 15 or 20 years-until it hits!

MillionsWanted's avatar - 24Qa6LT

Norway
      Member #9517
      December 10, 2004
      1280 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2008, 9:47 am - IP Logged

It' more than 21 years since they introduced lotto in Norway so I do not really remember, but I don't think it took long before winning the lowest prize, around 8-10 dollar on the norwegian national 7 number lottery. Perhaps within 3 - 6 months. There's only one draw each week on this lottery.

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2008, 10:40 am - IP Logged

It was back in the early 80's,when the Illinois lottery had a $40,000,000 jackpot.At the time this was the biggest jackpot the United States,maybe the world,had ever seen.I stood in line for three hours to buy my ticket.I won $40,and I've been hooked on lottery games since.It was the first time I ever played a jackpot type game,I guess you could call it beginners luck.

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
          Idaho
          United States
          Member #56506
          November 21, 2007
          6537 Posts
          Posted: March 20, 2008, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I think my first win was a scratch-off my mom bought me when I was like 14 or 15. I won like $20 bucks. It happened the same day I think.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

JackpotWanna's avatar - squiz

United States
            Member #4121
            March 23, 2004
            817 Posts
            Posted: March 20, 2008, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

oh my!  That is terrible! So sorry..... Crying

Baton Rouge, LA
              United States
              Member #4602
              May 7, 2004
              700 Posts
              Posted: March 21, 2008, 10:46 am - IP Logged

On the 4th Lotto drawing in Louisiana back in 1991, I won $50.  I've since done it a couple of more times.  Never won the big one, but you never know.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

United States
                Member #24380
                October 21, 2005
                623 Posts
                Posted: March 22, 2008, 2:57 am - IP Logged

On the 4th Lotto drawing in Louisiana back in 1991, I won $50.  I've since done it a couple of more times.  Never won the big one, but you never know.

Okay, Prisoner Six.  In the Welcome to the Louisiana player Sassydiva, I asked if you were a resident at Angola.  But then your qoute indicates you might be a security officer or classification officer or other staff member or a former resident.  None of my business, but I was just curious.  I used to read copies of the Angolite and wondered if they would ever publish an online edition.

Bondi Junction
                  Australia
                  Member #57242
                  December 24, 2007
                  1102 Posts
                  Posted: March 24, 2008, 3:24 am - IP Logged

The revenue raised by lotteries is used for the public good, so even if you lose, you win!

Bondi Junction
                    Australia
                    Member #57242
                    December 24, 2007
                    1102 Posts
                    Posted: March 24, 2008, 3:49 am - IP Logged

My state lottery has a slogan; "We all get a lot out of lotteries". It is true, even if people don't play, never mind win, we all benefit from the revenue raised.

rubberbandman's avatar - Spawn Classic.jpg
                      mn
                      United States
                      Member #59040
                      March 4, 2008
                      276 Posts
                      Posted: March 24, 2008, 9:44 am - IP Logged

Yeah dude or dudette, that is bad! To know you could have won but didn't, I don't know if I could play anymore if I knew that. That's the primary reason why I don't select my own numbers. I only play once a week (wednesday-powerball) but there's a play two times a week. So there's two chances the jp could be won and if my numbers were chosen on saturday I dont know what I would do, I definetely know I wouldnt be happy. Maybe I should start playin on saturday to, you know the wv winners won on saturday 15th march.

sweetbitterkiss's avatar - hello
                        Michigan
                        United States
                        Member #59499
                        March 17, 2008
                        54 Posts
                        Posted: March 24, 2008, 11:42 am - IP Logged

i played for like a month and won $150 and after that all i had won is been $1 or $2

one day my life will be complete ^_^

United States
                          Member #24380
                          October 21, 2005
                          623 Posts
                          Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:06 am - IP Logged

Yeah dude or dudette, that is bad! To know you could have won but didn't, I don't know if I could play anymore if I knew that. That's the primary reason why I don't select my own numbers. I only play once a week (wednesday-powerball) but there's a play two times a week. So there's two chances the jp could be won and if my numbers were chosen on saturday I dont know what I would do, I definetely know I wouldnt be happy. Maybe I should start playin on saturday to, you know the wv winners won on saturday 15th march.

How about the Ides of March!  Wonder about other famous days? You know, When the question comes up, why we never win, I remind them why THEY never win.  LOL.  That is how I can keep playing.