Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lightning struck twice, twice.

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 9 years ago by mylollipop.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #1826
July 11, 2003
2645 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2008, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

You may remember way back I won $30 twice on Win For Life in Virginia, for a total of $60. Well, I did the exact same thing last night, in Kentucky. Well, I bought it in KY last week, I was in the Huntington area, so I was really in Pennsylvania. But still, another $60, the same way I did it almost two years ago.

(insert signature here)

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
    Harbinger
    D.C./MD.
    United States
    Member #44103
    July 30, 2006
    5583 Posts
    Posted: March 22, 2008, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations!  BTW have you seen that Mountain Dew commercial where the women are out doing dangerously crazy stuff in a thunderstorm and only the men reporting get struck, it is quite funny. 

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
      Idaho
      United States
      Member #56506
      November 21, 2007
      6537 Posts
      Posted: March 22, 2008, 8:51 pm - IP Logged

Congrats! That is lucky. Yes Nod

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
        Member #58528
        February 18, 2008
        710 Posts
        Posted: March 22, 2008, 10:33 pm - IP Logged

You may remember way back I won $30 twice on Win For Life in Virginia, for a total of $60. Well, I did the exact same thing last night, in Kentucky. Well, I bought it in KY last week, I was in the Huntington area, so I was really in Pennsylvania. But still, another $60, the same way I did it almost two years ago.

Am I missing something here?I mean,$60 dollars isn't exactly an earth shattering amount of money to win.

Doing it twice in 2 years isn't something most people would write home about.Crazy

United States
          Member #17555
          June 22, 2005
          5582 Posts
          Posted: March 23, 2008, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

Am I missing something here?I mean,$60 dollars isn't exactly an earth shattering amount of money to win.

Doing it twice in 2 years isn't something most people would write home about.Crazy

I don't think it's so much about the amount, rather the timing and the context of two separate events.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
            Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23275 Posts
            Posted: March 23, 2008, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

Nice job JS9, congratulations!! Thumbs Up

Check the State Lottery Report Card
            What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
            Help eliminate computerized drawings!

ThatScaryChick's avatar - x1MqPuM
              Idaho
              United States
              Member #56506
              November 21, 2007
              6537 Posts
              Posted: March 23, 2008, 1:25 pm - IP Logged

For some people it is a big deal though. I tend to only pay jackpot games and it makes me happy to win something since the odds are so huge.

"No one remembers the person who almost climbed the mountain, only the person who eventually gets to the top."

United States
                Member #58528
                February 18, 2008
                710 Posts
                Posted: March 23, 2008, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

For some people it is a big deal though. I tend to only pay jackpot games and it makes me happy to win something since the odds are so huge.

My mistake.I didn't  realize Win For Life was a jackpot type game in some states.On occasion I play a $2 scratch off game by the same name in Illinois.$60 would be a lower tier win in that game and can be won quite often.I apologize for my ignorance.I only play scratchers,Powerball and Mega Millions.Other lottery games don't interest me.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                  Member #4877
                  May 30, 2004
                  5124 Posts
                  Posted: March 24, 2008, 9:34 pm - IP Logged

Tell us JS9>>>>>>>>how you chose your ######-(B)???????

Did you follow love2005 on the LP JP thread ????????????????????

Did you "just bought a Quick-Pick for >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>FUN & GAME???

Did the bonos number help YOU out>>>>>>>>>>>>>???????????

CONGRAT'sssssssssssstooooooooUR WHEEL>>>>>>!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW much did U spend to WIN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>????????????

LOL...........................................ASAP!!!!

PSYKOMO 

mylollipop's avatar - Trek STLOGO6.png

United States
                    Member #24380
                    October 21, 2005
                    623 Posts
                    Posted: March 25, 2008, 5:32 am - IP Logged

Hurray!WTG!